Sponsored

Car got banged up a little. Time for new parts.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You make the mistake that future perspective buyers will think any different with an OEM hood. The car is just a mustang not a Ferrari. The value will go down very little from the accident that occurred. Car fax reports everything that was replaced regardless if the work and paint looks good there’s nothing to complain about.
The vast majority of future perspective buyers will be put-off by an AM hood. And most dealerships either wouldn't want the car as a trade in, or would offer thousands less as the hood would have to be replaced with a stock hood.

It's no different than any other AM crap stuck on a car. It screams "rode hard and put away wet" to perspective buyers.

Go to your local Ford dealer used car lot, and see how many cars have AM body parts.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
The vast majority of future perspective buyers will be put-off by an AM hood. And most dealerships either wouldn't want the car as a trade in, or would offer thousands less as the hood would have to be replaced with a stock hood.

It's no different than any other AM crap stuck on a car. It screams "rode hard and put away wet" to perspective buyers.

Go to your local Ford dealer used car lot, and see how many cars have AM body parts.
It also is dependent on the car. My car has the amount of mods and quality parts in it that most buyers would see it as another mod. If all you have is a Shift knob and a hood yes that comes off a little suspicious. Also you don’t see most modded cars on a used dealer lot because most people will private sell them. I would never trade my mustang in for example it’s mod value equals the value of an ecoboost so clearly you would never see my car there. I have a stock hood but if I didn’t it wouldn‘t mean anything. Trust me.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It also is dependent on the car. My car has the amount of mods and quality parts in it that most buyers would see it as another mod. If all you have is a Shift knob and a hood yes that comes off a little suspicious. Also you don’t see most modded cars on a used dealer lot because most people will private sell them. I would never trade my mustang in for example it’s mod value equals the value of an ecoboost so clearly you would never see my car there. I have a stock hood but if I didn’t it wouldn‘t mean anything. Trust me.
We're more or less on the same page. This isn't about you, your tastes, or your mods you've chosen to do. I'm speaking specifically about what 90+% of potential used car buyers are looking for. Which is stock.

What you've done to your car means that 90+% of used car buyers would never even consider buying it. Only serious, dedicated and educated enthusiast buyers, that have the same tastes in mods, would consider buying it.

For the OP, I suggested NOT doing the hood, based on concerns over re-sale value. But I think the OP said they don't care/aren't planning on ever selling it?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Wildhorse does not know his head from his ass. Proven!

Sorry to hear Man. Shit happens and looks repairable. Keep us non-Morons posted. ;)
what did he say that was incorrect? any defensive driving course ive ever taken says not to swerve to avoid deer or anything else. Id rather hit a deer than a tree, pole, or car.

On base they also explicitly tell us not to swerve to avoid wildlife. Too many people end up in ditches, sometimes dead, to avoid a deer or even a rabbit.

@OP, sorry this happened to you. it sucks majorly and i hope your car is up and running again soon! my comment above this is not directed to you and i sympathize with you, i just don't see the point in people calling someone a moron for saying something that is correct. I would definitely use this chance to get a nice aftermarket hood/bumper that you like if you don't plan on selling the car anytime soon.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
So I had a incident driving home last weekend. Deer jumped in front of me. I was only doing about 35 so I thought I could get around him but the roads were damp and the back end came around and I went off the road about 25mph or so and hit a small tree. It damaged my hood about a 4” dent and busted up the bumper cover and grill, also has a small dent in the drivers rear quarter panel. I talked to the insurance company and 2 repair shops and got a estimate of around $5200. I talked to my insurance agent about getting a cheaper after market hood and grill. So I am looking at getting the cervini’s cobra r hood from steeda (750.00 free shipping). The stock hood is $980ish dollars. And the mp concepts upper grill ($134 vs the stock $300+ grill)
How is the fit on the hood and grill I selected?
Thanks yall
I noticed in a later post by you that you were also starting to look at the carbon fiber hoods. As you can see by the car on my post, I had a TruFiber ram air hood installed. That was my 16 and now I have a 19. The fitment was no problem and I liked that the ram air was functional. The only problem with the TruFiber hood was that I lost the windshield washer. There is a kit to fix that but I never got around to getting it. When it came to selling the 16 which had many AM mods, it sold in two days. One last thing. This ram air hood is only made for the 15-17 models, I don't know why they don't make it for later but they do have other carbon fiber hoods that will fit the 18.
 pony goodreads.jpg

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
do any of you know if the carbon fiber hoods have any form of clearcoat or gel coat to protect the epoxy? UV exposure can degrade some epoxies. Just want to make sure the hood is built and protected to remain bare or does the autobody shop need to coat it with several layers of clear.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
do any of you know if the carbon fiber hoods have any form of clearcoat or gel coat to protect the epoxy? UV exposure can degrade some epoxies. Just want to make sure the hood is built and protected to remain bare or does the autobody shop need to coat it with several layers of clear.
The TruFiber hood I got had so much clearcoat that the autobody shop where I had it installed said that it was going to be difficult to take it off if I wanted it painted. So, I just left it like it was. Also the underside was gelled.

OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
What happened to car people? Thread gets started with a simple question about a hood. Quickly devolves to lectures about driving techniques and then lecture about how adding aftermarket parts will take car value down. Is this Karen’s Anonymous now?
2BDA69D7-B1A0-4D4C-87EB-C468C5B3BA51.jpeg
thank you for getting it back on track. This went way further than I was looking for. It was a pretty simple question on how the fit is. I don’t plan on selling it anytime soon.
I don’t care about resale I don’t care what a future owner wants. I care about what I like since I am the one paying for it and driving it daily.
I am looking at a carbon fiber hood also but it depends on how much I will be coming out of pocket to do it. Just waiting on check to get here to work something out between the body shop and insurance company.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
what did he say that was incorrect?
He's just butt hurt cause his A10 isn't quicker than my MT82. It got worse when I showed him my slip haha. Petty if you ask me. Cheers bud.

Whiteriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
hard application of the brakes & smooth steering inputs. Even if you thumped the deer it prolly would have caused less damage than thumping the tree. #themoreyouknow
I think most people would have tried to drive around the deer cause it happens SO fast. My 1st reaction is to swerve with caution.
driving my Explorer on a curvy no shoulder road and a deer standing on the left side. I'm looking at it making sure it's not going to jump in front of me when her bambi jumps out of the brush on the right side. less than a second to react I ran right over bambi. the tires straddle bambi and missed hitting but it was the axles that hit it. I felt bad and to make it worse bambi was screaming like stuck pig, lying in it's blood. It was daytime and all the people came running out of their houses. this little boy saw I was upset and said "there was nothing you could do".

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I have hit a deer before and have made roadkill out of several animals but not on purpose. This is the only animal I have swerved for and it bit me in the ass. I thought I was going slow enough to get around him but the road was damp and it just came around.
Anyways I had the body shop order the cervinis hood and as soon as it comes in I will drop my car off. I will post pics when I get it back. Thanks to some of y’all for the informative feedback.😅

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
He's just butt hurt cause his A10 isn't quicker than my MT82. It got worse when I showed him my slip haha. Petty if you ask me. Cheers bud.
Not from a roll Mo-Ron! Let me pull out 350 pounds (gut the car) and throw a slick of bias plys on mine. Guarantee mine will run quarter quicker/faster with less mods. We done here Loser????

Sorry Jhonda for off track, but Wildhorse puts the T in Tool.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not from a roll Mo-Ron! Let me pull out 350 pounds (gut the car) and throw a slick of bias plys on mine. Guarantee mine will run quarter quicker/faster with less mods. We done here Loser????

Sorry Jhonda for off track, but Wildhorse puts the T in Tool.
Talk when you can tune your own shit. Till then, keep relying on somebody else to have there tune on point & a monkey in the driver's seat to run the same #'s as you, cause really your song & dance is getting old.