Sponsored

Car got banged up a little. Time for new parts.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
wow, you must have driven every where. mine just hit 1800.
if you use insurance repair, you can get a rental plus also sometimes when they open they might find more things inside that broken and will drive up the cost.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Wildhorse does not know his head from his ass. Proven!
Still riding my ass ? Let me make it clear, I ain't gay. Also don't be hatin cause if a monkey can learn sign language, it can run the same ET you do. Actually that was uncalled for. Apologies to the Monkey. The monkey can run a better ET than your fat arse. You know, cause less mass.

OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Wow the escalated quickly.
Anyways I am trying to work out getting a oem style carbon fiber hood either vis or Anderson composites brand. I believe it will come out to the same price even though the carbon fiber is around $1500.00. The body shop is charging 975.00 for the stock hood plus painting it and blending it into the fenders. So I should save enough on labor and paint to make up for the difference. I have always liked the look of carbon fiber bare on a red or blue car.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Wow the escalated quickly.
Anyways I am trying to work out getting a oem style carbon fiber hood either vis or Anderson composites brand. I believe it will come out to the same price even though the carbon fiber is around $1500.00. The body shop is charging 975.00 for the stock hood plus painting it and blending it into the fenders. So I should save enough on labor and paint to make up for the difference. I have always liked the look of carbon fiber bare on a red or blue car.
Look on the bright side if you crash it again you can always go OEM if the aftermarket look does not fit you right. :)

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, you can outrun Camaro’s Challenger’s, and Chargers, and you got bested by a deer 🦌... lol

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds about right. Kinda hard to dodge a deer when you have 1 second to react in the dark but maybe it’s just me
Yeah i never drive any backroads at night. Always take the main thurofares. deer are attracted to light and when you see em, most times its to late.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
My deer encounter was $7600

deer1.jpg
deer2.jpg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
A few years ago, a neighbor of mine hit a deer on her way to work in the morning. She got a rental car while her car was being fixed and it a deer with it, too.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Especially if re-sale value is of any concern.
Resale value? Not a collectors item. Get a new hood from Cervinis. A young kid will want it more. Just a mustang GT nog a limited numbered Shelby. OEM hood is $1500. Lol. He’s at a point where if that accident is on car fax the resale value is lowered anyway. Make it appealing to the eye The way you want to the op

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Resale value? Not a collectors item. Get a new hood from Cervinis. A young kid will want it more. Just a mustang GT nog a limited numbered Shelby. OEM hood is $1500. Lol. He’s at a point where if that accident is on car fax the resale value is lowered anyway. Make it appealing to the eye The way you want to the op
A Cervinis hood might appeal to 1 in 10 potential buyers in the future. Might.

Then there's the idea that an A.M. hood, coupled with a Carfax report, would scream "repairs by Bubba, done in my garage" to potential buyers.

You make the mistake of thinking future perspective buyers will know what a Cervinis hood is, or want one.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride

Then there's the idea that an A.M. hood, coupled with a Carfax report, would scream "repairs by Bubba, done in my garage" to potential buyers.

You make the mistake of thinking future perspective buyers will know what a Cervinis hood is, or want one.
You make the mistake that future perspective buyers will think any different with an OEM hood. The car is just a mustang not a Ferrari. The value will go down very little from the accident that occurred. Car fax reports everything that was replaced regardless if the work and paint looks good there’s nothing to complain about.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line

He can always hit another deer to get new OEM parts lol

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Since you are not concerned about resale value or how others think it looks, I say go with CF... make a statement!
Sponsored