Sponsored

Car got banged up a little. Time for new parts.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
So I had a incident driving home last weekend. Deer jumped in front of me. I was only doing about 35 so I thought I could get around him but the roads were damp and the back end came around and I went off the road about 25mph or so and hit a small tree. It damaged my hood about a 4” dent and busted up the bumper cover and grill, also has a small dent in the drivers rear quarter panel. I talked to the insurance company and 2 repair shops and got a estimate of around $5200. I talked to my insurance agent about getting a cheaper after market hood and grill. So I am looking at getting the cervini’s cobra r hood from steeda (750.00 free shipping). The stock hood is $980ish dollars. And the mp concepts upper grill ($134 vs the stock $300+ grill)
How is the fit on the hood and grill I selected?
Thanks yall
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
So I had a incident driving home last weekend. Deer jumped in front of me. I was only doing about 35 so I thought I could get around him but the roads were damp and the back end came around and I went off the road about 25mph or so and hit a small tree. It damaged my hood about a 4” dent and busted up the bumper cover and grill, also has a small dent in the drivers rear quarter panel. I talked to the insurance company and 2 repair shops and got a estimate of around $5200. I talked to my insurance agent about getting a cheaper after market hood and grill. So I am looking at getting the cervini’s cobra r hood from steeda (750.00 free shipping). The stock hood is $980ish dollars. And the mp concepts upper grill ($134 vs the stock $300+ grill)
Thanks yall

Pictures or it didnt happen lol

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I was only doing about 35 so I thought I could get around him but the roads were damp and the back end came around and I went off the road about 25mph or so and hit a small tree.
hard application of the brakes & smooth steering inputs. Even if you thumped the deer it prolly would have caused less damage than thumping the tree. #themoreyouknow

OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Shit happened fast. This is the first time I swerved for a deer but I thought I could make it. But if I would have hit the deer the airbags could have deployed could have taken out the headlights that are not cheap at all. I think I got pretty lucky. It was crape myrtle that I hit

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Did you have traction and stability control on? Just curious because its seemed to have worked pretty good for me so far.

I upgraded my front bumper when I had a minor fender bender in my old f150, perfect time to upgrade if you want to. IDK about the fit on any aftermarket hoods though.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Wildhorse does not know his head from his ass. Proven!

Sorry to hear Man. Shit happens and looks repairable. Keep us non-Morons posted. ;)

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how good the cervinis hoods fit?
I don’t know how well they fit nowadays but there was a recent thread about a Cervinis hood that didn’t fit well at all but it sounded like the wrong year of hood was shipped.
I did put a Cervinis hood on my ‘94 and it did fit pretty well. I had to fix the gap by using shims and removing shims but very minor adjustments. I was happy with the end result.
I’m not totally sure but I may have the hood corrosion starting on mine and if it is I will probably replace it with a Cervinis.

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Thanks yall
Don't tell your insurance company you want aftermarket parts. Let them pay you the full price because aftermarket is not really available for your car if you tell them your willing to go aftermarket it's just going to confuse things. They may even consider this an upgrade and take depreciation on it. Let them figure it out and then you get together with your body shop and work it out between you and the shop. The OEM hood probably is expensive. Good luck.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't tell your insurance company you want aftermarket parts. Let them pay you the full price because aftermarket is not really available for your car if you tell them your willing to go aftermarket it's just going to confuse things. They may even consider this an upgrade and take depreciation on it. Let them figure it out and then you get together with your body shop and work it out between you and the shop. The OEM hood probably is expensive. Good luck.
My insurance gave me the money for the repairs for factory parts and I used that to buy the parts I wanted.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What insurance company do you have?
Allstate, but I am pretty sure any insurance company will give you the money and you dont even have to get the car fixed. I was in a sideswipe hit an run like 7 years ago and I got the money from the persons insurance. They give you the money that the insurance agent determines it would cost to repair the car to same condition it would be in, minus deductible if applicable.

Did you have traction control and advancetrac on or off when you crashed btw? Just wondering about its effectiveness in a situation like this.