Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Afternoon Gents,

I'm a newb when it comes to wheel and tire combinations, so excuse my ignorance but I don't understand my issue. My car is lowered on Sportline springs and wheel spacers. I just installed some fresh 255/45 r18 continental extreme contact tires on an 18'' Rim. After searching many opinions the conclusion was this tire size is not an issue at all for this rim size. Upon taking the car home, with the pressure at 35PSI, the car literally was floating back and forth on the road, the steering wheel felt slightly shakey. The car got adjusted to the max PSI at 51, but the issue remained. I tried to explain that didn't feel like the issue at all.

1 ford dealership told me it was my '' electrical steering system ''. However, after being fed up with that ford dealer, it got transferred to another one 10 miles down the road. Only to have the service guy there tell me that the previous tech came up with his conclusion on a forum site. Was pretty blown away by that. None the less, I don't know how to tell these guys how to do their job, so here I'm for more opinions on what it may be. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks -
Do the tires still produce a floating feeling or did that finally wear off?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
it turned out to be the stuff used to release the tire from the mold machine.
About 200 miles in and it’s gone
I read it can take up to 500 miles
This is a real thing, but you really gotta up your tire scrub game.
Sponsored