Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
The predator and the voodoo in the 19+ GT 350 share the same block . The final machining is different as the oil Squirters in the voodoo are in the mains and the predator uses the older style coyote oil squirters . The predator block is also clearanced for its larger rods .
The 5.2 Alluminator uses the same block as the predator but the pistons are higher compression (same as the voodoo ) and it uses the Manley H- rods (not predator rods ) which are specific for the voodoo pistons .

I have had 2 “spare “ voodoo long blocks built .
The first started as complete voodoo engine but I had the rods swapped for the Manley rods and I swapped the valve springs and head bolts for studs

The second was from scratch using the latest (Gen 2) voodoo block .You could get a good used voodoo crank for about $500-$800 on eBay a year .ago .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Fo...MIrP-o9J2t7AIVc4BQBh2E6wcREAAYASAAEgLVXfD_BwE

They can still be found on eBay for $800
Lots of companies (JE/Diamond /Mahle ) sell after market voodoo/3.7 bore pistons .
Only Manley makes the rods with the tapered ends specific for the voodoo /Mahle pistons but you could use the standard rods with other 3.7 pistons .

So I am guessing the only part of the engine that may be hard to come by in future may be the FP crank .
Wow thanks for you detailed information :)

Im guessing the different oil squirters won't be big difference. Is there a specific reason why you switched out the rods? More power?

It'll be interesting to see someone turn the Aluminator into the Voodoo.

I'll make sure to invest in getting a FP crank, incase I'll need a new engine in the future.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Fo...MIrP-o9J2t7AIVc4BQBh2E6wcREAAYASAAEgLVXfD_BwE

They can still be found on eBay for $800
Lots of companies (JE/Diamond /Mahle ) sell after market voodoo/3.7 bore pistons .
Only Manley makes the rods with the tapered ends specific for the voodoo /Mahle pistons but you could use the standard rods with other 3.7 pistons .

So I am guessing the only part of the engine that may be hard to come by in future may be the FP crank .
Add cams to the list. You could always get custom grinds I guess...but they are as specific to the voodoo as the crank.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Add cams to the list. You could always get custom grinds I guess...but they are as specific to the voodoo as the crank.
Yes .. but the stock voodoo cams are cheap ....at least for a now .
I got a set for the block built from scratch for $250.
if you want an all out build L&M has custom grinds for $1800 .

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

Im guessing the different oil squirters won't be big difference. Is there a specific reason why you switched out the rods? More power?

I'll make sure to invest in getting a FP crank, incase I'll need a new engine in the future.
No worries . I am bit obsessed with having “spare“ engines .
I bent a couple of rods in my original motor ... with 2.9 whipple . Lol
i Had that motor rebuilt (had to be sleeved ) with voodoo spec diamond pistons/H rods and some mild upgrades to the heads .That engine is back in the car now. I scored an uused voodoo motor for very cheap so I decided to at least swap the rods and upgrade the springs so I could have a spare .

The Gen 2 voodoo block is so cheap at $1800 I could not resist using it for a second build especially since I was able to score heads complete with rocker arms /lifters for $2K.
... and I plan to keep my car forever but if I ever sell it I may offer a spare engine with It . LOL
Or I may put one of the spares in one of my regular GT’s ... but I already have “spares “ for those too .

it would not be cost effective to spend $22k (retail) on an Alluminator just to swap the crank . ....and the cams .
you would be surprised how much less it is to have a voodoo built from scratch .

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Goes for wifes too. Divorce w/o kids is way cheaper than her getting a face lift and boob job ........... :fistbump:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I don’t think the location of the oil squirters would be an issue either if you use the predator block in a voodoo build . My engine builder is recommending they be blocked off anyway as he wonders if they are potentially contributing to the oil consumption issues some of these engines have .

I put together a list of parts for a voodoo long block build using all new parts including the Gen 2 heads and you can be out the door under $10K depending on what rods you choose and the amount of work you put in to the heads .

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
No worries . I am bit obsessed with having “spare“ engines .
I bent a couple of rods in my original motor ... with 2.9 whipple . Lol
i Had that motor rebuilt (had to be sleeved ) with voodoo spec diamond pistons/H rods and some mild upgrades to the heads .That engine is back in the car now. I scored an uused voodoo motor for very cheap so I decided to at least swap the rods and upgrade the springs so I could have a spare .

The Gen 2 voodoo block is so cheap at $1800 I could not resist using it for a second build especially since I was able to score heads complete with rocker arms /lifters for $2K.
... and I plan to keep my car forever but if I ever sell it I may offer a spare engine with It . LOL
Or I may put one of the spares in one of my regular GT’s ... but I already have “spares “ for those too .

it would not be cost effective to spend $22k (retail) on an Alluminator just to swap the crank . ....and the cams .
you would be surprised how much less it is to have a voodoo built from scratch .
I don’t think the location of the oil squirters would be an issue either if you use the predator block in a voodoo build . My engine builder is recommending they be blocked off anyway as he wonders if they are potentially contributing to the oil consumption issues some of these engines have .

I put together a list of parts for a voodoo long block build using all new parts including the Gen 2 heads and you can be out the door under $10K depending on what rods you choose and the amount of work you put in to the heads .
Wow $1,800 is killer deal for the engine, thats incredible. I probably would do the same, just get it and store it lol.

Okay I see, I would keep the engine stock so the rods and heads wouldn't need a whole lot of work. Mind sharing that list? It will come handy when my warranty runs out.

I

Would you mind sharing that list? I will come handy when my warranty runs out :)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Wow $1,800 is killer deal for the engine, thats incredible. I probably would do the same, just get it and store it lol.

Okay I see, I would keep the engine stock so the rods and heads wouldn't need a whole lot of work. Mind sharing that list? It will come handy when my warranty runs out.

I

Would you mind sharing that list? I will come handy when my warranty runs out :)
I would like to have the list as well, as I’d like to put the engine in a Daytona Coupe or GT40 replica at some point in the future.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
short block.

Block - $1850 https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6010-M52A
JE Voodoo spec pistons - $750. Alternatives are the
Gen 2 voodoo /Mahle drop in pistons and Diamond .

Voodoo specific Manley H rods with ARP 2000 bolts - $750- you could upgrade to I beams but not sure you can you use with Voodoo spec 3.7 bore piston which require the tapered ends

Main and Rods bearings/oil squirters block offs -$300.

Used crank — $800

Voodoo oil pan and pump(come as unit ) -$300
Billet OPG -$200

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To complete long block

Gen 2 GT 350 heads $3500(look out for deals on used heads )
rocker arms and lifter - $600
Gen 2 VCT kit - $500.
cams - $250
Cam /front cover kit -$500.
varius solenoids-$200
head studs - $250

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
BEHOLD: one of the densest collections of uninformed BS ever to be typed into the internet.

Ford had to bodge the Voodoo to deal with FPC vibration. CPC characteristics are different and so likely have the extra weight chopped off. Would the Predator/Aluminator block work as a replacement? It'll fit but vibration will likely shorten it's lifespan. If there are no more Voodoo-specific blocks or crate engines I think the only way forward is to put a CPC engine in it's place.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Consider the source .............