Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Phenomenal piece of work, Ford Performance at it's best. But, too heavy, and drinks way too much oil. That needs to be fixed before this engine comes back, if ever.
I agree that it's heavier than I prefer, but that's a Mustang problem, not a GT350 problem.

I ran my Voodoo over 30,000 miles and it never drank a drop. Best engine I ever owned.

Hasn’t the oil consumption been minimal to nothing in the GEN 2 engines? I have a 2020 and it hasn’t use a drop of oil yet.
I think some people had engines with rings that were damaged during assembly or they damaged the rings money shifting their cars. Most Voodoos didn't have a problem.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Ah, but there are those 350 owners who are kept up at night by that one moment: the time a GT beat them in a drag...when they locked eyes with the driver...the shame...the regret. If only they could have shifted faster. If only they could have stayed in the powerband. It just isn't fair. The gearing...the high revving CPC. It's meant for track work, not stoplight racing. If that smug GT ever showed up at a track day, then they'dshow them. But they never do. And the GT350 owner is haunted for the rest of their life.
Most GT350 folks did NOT buy their car for the drag strip bragging rights... this car is made for the track, and good luck finding competition at reasonable investment costs...... ain’t gonna happen much!

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Shame we never got the GT350 in the UK. Probably one of my favourite cars. The styling, the noise, the high reving V8 and the involvement of a stick shift - they are the ingredients of a classic.
They can be had used. Check out this video.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes. Unfortunately, you will have the uniformed trying to inform those who live with a GT350 on the daily attempting to persuade them that even their Gen 2 is a POS.

there are plenty of Gen 1’s that don’t burn oil on the reg... but, the whole ride gets a bad rap because of fear propaganda.
My 16 did not use excessive oil.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I don’t get the whole “not a drop of oil used between changes” thing.
My ‘19’s passenger catch can has some oil in it (no I didn’t measure) after only 2000 miles of use. In roughly the same use after my first oil change I’ve added 1/2 quart just to keep the level to the top of the hash marks. I don’t consider that anywhere near excessive but certainly something.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
The bold part is contradictory. I’m assuming you mean that the A10 doesn’t add power but helps to keep the engine in the optimal power band?...

No one declared that you were attempting to impress anyone. You drive a GT yet come in a GT350 forum and tell us how our cars could benefit from something when you have no firsthand knowledge of driving our cars... aka, poser (poseur). I don’t go over to the GT forum and tell them that their PP2 GTs would be faster with a voodoo...

If the A10 was so venerable and more appropriate for the GT350, then why’d they use the Tremec 7-speed DCT in the GT500? The A10 has its own problems, and there are multiple articles and forum threads on Mustang and F150 forums about the troubles with the A10.

Lastly, you lost me at “straight line”. I really could care less about the straight line drag potential of the GT350, and seeing that you drive a GT I can understand why that interests you, but it’s not for me. I think a lot of us are totally happy with a manual gearbox in the 350.
Reading back, I can see how my statement about increasing avg hp wasn't very clear. Yes, I was referring to the A10's ability to keep the engine in it's peak powerband better than the M6, thus, avg hp applied during acceleration would be higher, hence, quicker acceleration.

The definition of a poser is one that acts in an affected manner in order to impress someone else. So, by you calling me a GT poser, you were implying that I'm trying somehow to impress GT350 owners here because of my experience with my A10 GT. I wasn't.

Regarding your thoughts that someone shouldn't comment on a GT350 forum just because they don't own a GT350...that's laughable. It's a public forum. If you did go to the S550 General section and say the PP2 would be quicker with a Voodoo, people would probably agree, because, science and hp. They probably wouldn't take it personally.

Anyway, I'm done arguing about this as now it's been blown out of proportion. We'll all miss the GT350 and R - they are special cars that I enjoy canyon carving next to during Cars and Coffee cruises. Those with one will have a sought after collector on their hand in the future.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Maybe the 5.2 CPC and 12:1 compression will be in the next Boss Mustang?
plus DI .
it will be replacing the stock motor in my 18GT/A10/Whipple

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
The bold part is contradictory. I’m assuming you mean that the A10 doesn’t add power but helps to keep the engine in the optimal power band?...

No one declared that you were attempting to impress anyone. You drive a GT yet come in a GT350 forum and tell us how our cars could benefit from something when you have no firsthand knowledge of driving our cars... aka, poser (poseur). I don’t go over to the GT forum and tell them that their PP2 GTs would be faster with a voodoo...

If the A10 was so venerable and more appropriate for the GT350, then why’d they use the Tremec 7-speed DCT in the GT500? The A10 has its own problems, and there are multiple articles and forum threads on Mustang and F150 forums about the troubles with the A10.

Lastly, you lost me at “straight line”. I really could care less about the straight line drag potential of the GT350, and seeing that you drive a GT I can understand why that interests you, but it’s not for me. I think a lot of us are totally happy with a manual gearbox in the 350.
The A-10 should have been a option.
A-10 swaps have already happened with the GT 500.

But I also agree that the manual should be standard (GT 350).

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
like some have said most of the parts are going to “trickle over “ ....... except of course the FPC motor .

I am assuming they have to keep a supply or voodoo motors for warranty but there will come a time when it will be hard to get engine parts (except for those shares with the GT 500 of course ).

I am even more glad now I have a couple of “spare “ voodoo motors .

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My ‘19’s passenger catch can has some oil in it (no I didn’t measure) after only 2000 miles of use. In roughly the same use after my first oil change I’ve added 1/2 quart just to keep the level to the top of the hash marks. I don’t consider that anywhere near excessive but certainly something.
I’m not sure anyone said that.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The A-10 should have been a option.
A-10 swaps have already happened with the GT 500.

But I also agree that the manual should be standard (GT 350).
Just because someone swaps an A10 in a GT500 doesn’t mean they know better than the engineers who designed and developed the GT500... it only indicates that a small percentage of GT500 owners wish to have a different intended purpose for the car.

There are also a few GT500s being converted to manuals... and they’re dipping down into the 9’s. Again, what’s the intended purpose?...

It’s like boobs...every woman is born with them but some decrease/enlarge them, some replace them and some get penises to go along with their boobs. Just cause you can do something doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I get a couple ounces out of the passenger catch can at oil change time. Remember that's not only oil but also likely mixed with a bit of fuel/water.

Sure, OK, that technically isn't "not a drop". But the oil level on the dipstick is indistinguishable from perfectly full.

As far as I'm concerned, that's "not a drop".

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hasn’t the oil consumption been minimal to nothing in the GEN 2 engines? I have a 2020 and it hasn’t use a drop of oil yet.
I have a 2016 that has used about a 2 quarts in 25K miles. Total.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Of course every engine uses a little oil. Some people want to say that the Voodoo engine uses oil. Meaning it uses more than "normal" engines. And they are wrong.

plus DI .
it will be replacing the stock motor in my 18GT/A10/Whipple
Yeah I worry about that. It might be difficult to get an engine without DI in the future. :puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

I'm hoping the next Boss/GT350 is better than the current one and doesn't go the road of excess complexity, weight and emissions B.S.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
They can be had used. Check out this video.
Yes I saw that before it went on the Youtube channel. Main issue is you don't get a warranty with imports and 60k quid or nearly $80k is a lot to pay for a secondhand car without a warranty. Although I do hope to import one, one day! Maybe once the 10% EU tariff on American import cars is dropped next year.
Sponsored