Sponsored

Car and Driver Muscle Car Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs ZL1 1LE vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
So are you just going keep finding excuses for the gt500 to loose at every track test to the zl1 1le? or are you finally going to accept that the camaro is a better track car?
I just showed where it wins everything except a convenience store sized parking lot autocross session(with a bad start and a Camaro boy driving of course)….funny how people only want to see what they want to see and not factual data.
Sponsored

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I just showed where it wins everything except a convenience store sized parking lot autocross session(with a bad start and a Camaro boy driving of course)….funny how people only want to see what they want to see and not factual data.
Yes we also saw it being slower than the camaro at willow springs

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Enough already.

The gt500 CFTP is the faster car lap for lap, at least on many tracks.

The zl1 1le is the more consistent car that will probably put up a faster time after 3 or 4 laps.

Run both cars all out at VIR for 10 laps and I think the 1le will come in first.

If you disagree, fine. We should all know the facts in the not too distant future.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
ZLE’s are only driven on roads made of glass, didn’t you get the memo?

It is funny though because nearly every review says “you won’t want to drive this car on the street”, or “this car is undriveable on bad roads”.

Look if you have the means to buy a $60-70K+ dedicated track car, good for you. But for the vast majority of people they will drive these cars everywhere. Street, track, etc. I can’t stand buying a car and then parking it in my garage and using it a few days a month or for only a few months out of the year.
They forget this

they are rough, and we all know the 500 wins the comfort category, but even then you know many of these guys are not DD’ing the 500 either. it will be a fair weather car/track toy for many. first world problems here!

i enjoy driving mine on my commute, but I’ve been on roads that would absolutely drive me insane if i had to be on them often. i usually recommend someone considering a ZLE to try to test drive on the actual road of their commute(easier said than done). the 350 was a better DD for sure, so was my 16 GT. but the ZLE is more fun than either of them.
And now the 500 is gaster AND more comfortable. Win win

Voodoo is just a fanboi... and until he gets the results he wants... it's an 'unfair test'... :shock:

Boy when Randy Pobst beat up on the C8 in the Mustang... then he wasn't biased? :blush:

I've said it a hundred times... Randy drives 100% to the best of his ability (insert 200% of any of your abilities) no matter the make or model.

Hopefully the GT500 will beat the ZLE at 'some track'... so that VOODOO and the rest of his Fanboi crowd can say the test was FAIR! :crying:

The problem with your challenge VOODOO... is when your 'faster Ford driver'.. goes even 'faster in the ZLE' :cwl:

Randy is the most upstanding dude you could ever meet... And he can wheel with the best of them... And he admitted the Ford didn't come prepped 'perfectly' at WIllow Springs... and when he 'says' he believes the GT500 would have been faster on new tires... then we believe him? :curse:

Right now.. .it is ZLE 3 - GT500 - 0, I have yet to see a quicker lap time... a better braking time... more g-forces than the ZLE.... heck... the ZLE wins the top speed number too! :giggle:

I guess you got one helluva a drag car! Unless you run across Demon? :wink:

Dave
Wow, yet another Pobst fanboy making excuses to avoid a truly unbiased..imagine my suprise.

Yeah he right about that.....I'll just drop this in for your viewing pleasure....enjoy a free lunch courtesy of Gaplebee's…….

Oh and here's one that shows the GT500 out braking the Tank but again it's in stock form with good tires.....AND it gets better because Camaro Carlos admits he got a bad launch in the GT500(I'll bet he did) and it still ran an identical time despite being on a pint sized track where he admitted again the GT500 would be faster on a longer track(hard for that phenomenal DCT to shine when it can't get out of 1st gear)…..but yeah carry on with the ass hurt emotional tribute to Sandy....errrr I mean Randy.
You cant do that. You must prove that when equality tested Ford is faster

First off, holy ajdsjdbn ajsfjabjf and ajsnfjkndjknfj?

Second, you want me to ship my car to the East Coast for not an unsubstantial amount of money (never mind possible damage there and back) and then let someone else beat the shit out of my car (then replace the tires for 2k ish) or I'm a keyboard warrior? Is this what you are truly asking and you are wondering why nobody is taking you up on your "offer?"

Ok, I'm a keyboard warrior.
Imagine my suprise, another keyboard warrior coming up with excuses on why they cant participate.. this is what i love doing; if your going to troll and keep coming to a gt500 board, and i have to sift through your bs, i will at least show everyone else , that your opinions and theories hold so little weight in the real world, your not willing to participate if it costs you anything.

Looking forward to more of your all talk & no action responses :). Im done

GT500 kills Camaro's #fact

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Imagine my suprise, another keyboard warrior coming up with excuses on why they cant participate.. this is what i love doing; if your going to troll and keep coming to a gt500 board, and i have to sift through your bs, i will at least show everyone else , that your opinions and theories hold so little weight in the real world, your not willing to participate if it costs you anything.

Looking forward to more of your all talk & no action responses :). Im done

GT500 kills Camaro's #fact
Yah, call me and others keyboard warriors all you want. You won’t get anybody to take you up on your “offer” to pay thousands of dollars and let someone else beat the shit out of their car. All for your benefit to try and get your YouTube channel going. :crazy: At least I drive my own car during all of my track days.

You can still be a troll even if you own the car of said forum just like Blaq. Enjoy installing your own options you paid for or the dealer techs, what could go wrong like that Edmunds video splitter? :lipssealed::puke: Geezus, seriously Ford still can’t get the dealers to get the splitter installed correctly? Also, really digging into important things like “upgraded” paddle shifters. :cwl::crazy:.

Yup, faster than the ZL1s except in most real world tests and in owners hands.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh boy, this is going to hell in a handbasket.

I dont recall such threads back in the days of the GT350. Mostly it was infighting pertaining to the dreaded tech pack fiasco.

So from an admin perspective.... what is the point of these very unhealthy discussions? Freedom of speach? Ad revenue? Or lack of moderation?

Whatever. At least its entertaining.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Its funny really. At this point, none of them can admit the "testing " procedures were biased or unequal, none are willing to step up and help administer an unbiased test, none are actually considering discussing or purchasing a GT500, all have evolved into attacking anything I say, regardless of context or content.

The last 2 parts are the most important. Why are we allowing them to continue the trolling? Daily I visit this section of the forum, and daily, these threads are still going and at the top. I check in less and less, as im sure other members have started doing. Their forum history is focused soley in the gt500 section, and comments are purely camaro is better than gt500 comments. Their intentions are clear.
Ill go ahead and block them in an attempt to make the M6G more palatable again, but I'm a stoudt believer in banning trolls. Mods have given them a long enough leash, imo.

Peace out trolls, hope to see you and your turds at the track.. oh wait, u dont go hahahahaaaa

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
This quit being about cars a long time ago. Let's face it these cars are all awesome. We are at the pinnacle of internal combustion/handling. To the level of which many of us will never be able to wring out of these cars.

This is pro wrestling on a car forum. Every story needs good vs evil. A guy in a white hat, a guy in a black hat. I think most us love the 3am VooDoo fly bys. Or the Classic Lover Dodge diatribes. You can always count on 4-5 supporters of the ring leaders throwing their hats into the ring. It's like 8 different stories going on at once.

Congrats Kilo beautiful car. Keep those avatars coming!
Tomster you'll get yours......someday. Don't try making sense of these threads. Just embrace it.
Minn19 keep up the good work. You and VooDoo are the true dog vs mailman
VooDoo keep posting. You are forum gold. Your minions are a dedicated group and very loyal. I appreciate your passion. You need the trolls or no one would read.

If you want real car info go to another thread. If you want Kardasians, Jersey Shore, Impractical Jokers then go to the good vs evil threads.

Keep up the good work fellas. I only wish there were personalities like these on other forums.

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
This quit being about cars a long time ago. Let's face it these cars are all awesome. We are at the pinnacle of internal combustion/handling. To the level of which many of us will never be able to wring out of these cars.

This is pro wrestling on a car forum. Every story needs good vs evil. A guy in a white hat, a guy in a black hat. I think most us love the 3am VooDoo fly bys. Or the Classic Lover Dodge diatribes. You can always count on 4-5 supporters of the ring leaders throwing their hats into the ring. It's like 8 different stories going on at once.

Congrats Kilo beautiful car. Keep those avatars coming!
Tomster you'll get yours......someday. Don't try making sense of these threads. Just embrace it.
Minn19 keep up the good work. You and VooDoo are the true dog vs mailman
VooDoo keep posting. You are forum gold. Your minions are a dedicated group and very loyal. I appreciate your passion. You need the trolls or no one would read.

If you want real car info go to another thread. If you want Kardasians, Jersey Shore, Impractical Jokers then go to the good vs evil threads.

Keep up the good work fellas. I only wish there were personalities like these on other forums.
Hilarious 3-5-0!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, @ThreeFiveO and if you didn't know this, your screen name is what aviation calls 35,000ft. :-)
I think that needs to be the next performance characteristic to break the tie. Fly both cars up in a C130, drop them out the tail with a parachute so they are vertical (nose down) and "stable" then at FL350 (sorry, I'm a Flight Level kind of guy) release the chute and we can time their aloft time and accuracy of trajectory toward the target below. We'll make sure Voodoo drives the Mustang up the loading ramp and Randy the Camaro. Actually we'll give both guys parachutes and they can follow the cars down and see who sticks the landing better.

(ed. yes I know a Herc can't fly that high with payload. So we'll use the Globemaster instead)

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Its funny really. At this point, none of them can admit the "testing " procedures were biased or unequal, none are willing to step up and help administer an unbiased test, none are actually considering discussing or purchasing a GT500, all have evolved into attacking anything I say, regardless of context or content.
In your mind, any car that beats the GT500= biased test lol. And then you have those inane rants about Randy being biased towards Chevy with zero proof.