Sponsored

Car and Driver Lightning Lap Camaro ZL1 1LE DAMN FAST

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
That car is beasty - makes me wish I could stomach the thought of owning one.

But I can't.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
One blew past me on the road this weekend. They look very cool out in the wild. At the next red-light we stopped at he complimented me on my "Slowbey". His words not mine :(

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
One blew past me on the road this weekend. They look very cool out in the wild. At the next red-light we stopped at he complimented me on my "Slowbey". His words not mine :(
That's awesome lol. It's impressive but ugly and seems to be even less practical on the street

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Beast indeed. Ford is going have to really produce to outgun this one.

Notice the GT350R vs the SS 1LE times. MT's track testing showed the same time but having tracked both a GT350 and the SS 1LE I knew there was no way. Three second difference as Car & Driver clocked is more representative.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Sounds like your typical GM owner.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Beast indeed. Ford is going have to really produce to outgun this one.

Notice the GT350R vs the SS 1LE times. MT's track testing showed the same time but having tracked both a GT350 and the SS 1LE I knew there was no way. Three second difference as Car & Driver clocked is more representative.
I'm not sure from what I read that car is not streetable. What's the market for a 70k track only car?

OP
OP
dsm_mikey

dsm_mikey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
My brother has one. I like it a lot. It is very fast. I am keeping my GT350R. The R is not as fast, but it is a lot more involving on the Road and the Track.

It is hard to explain unless you drive them back to back. It is easy to get sucked in by numbers. I know a lot of people must think we are crazy to buy a slower car for more money. (I bought my GT350R over a C7 Z06) At the end of the day, 526 HP and revving to 8250 RPM is good enough for me! Still loving it after over a year of ownership.

If I couldn't have gotten an R I would buy the ZL1 1LE in a heartbeat. They are available for MSRP or less and are as fast as anything out there! It's very cool to have both a ZL1 1LE and a GT350R parked next to each other when we drive at Road America!

Guys, these are seriously awesome cars! I just like the N/A feel.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The R is not as fast, but it is a lot more involving on the Road and the Track. It is hard to explain unless you drive them back to back.
Matt Farah basically states the same thing on his test drive/review of the ZL1 1LE.

Sponsored

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
We just worked on one and I was lucky enough to be allowed to take it out. It's a quick car for sure. Not for me, same reason a GTR isn't for me, I like my cars to be interesting, even if they aren't the fastest. I absolutely get the appeal.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I would say its in great company for sure. Is it setup for multiple lapping though without being heatsoak ? I would believe the answer to that is yes.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
It is hard to explain unless you drive them back to back. It is easy to get sucked in by numbers. I know a lot of people must think we are crazy to buy a slower car for more money. (I bought my GT350R over a C7 Z06) At the end of the day, 526 HP and revving to 8250 RPM is good enough for me! Still loving it after over a year of ownership.
The same people who only look at numbers are the same people who try to convince me that an automated-manual (i.e. automatic) transmission is better because it is slightly faster that a real 3-pedal manual car. I think they miss the point that what I look for is a car with driver involvement that puts a smile on my face. Ultimate speed is not the be-all end-all unless you plan on racing competitively where you need that extra advantage.

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Why doesnt it have cross drilled rotors? Is that a mistake?
because cross drilled is a bling bling thing :love:

it is so embarrassing driving cars with cross drilled rotors. same category as fake exhaust. - actually it is worse than fake exhaust, at least fake exhaust don't detract performance like cross drilled rotors.
Sponsored