Car and Driver Compares the 1LE to the PP2

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I was a Camaro/GM guy my whole life. When in the market for a new car last fall, I naturally started looking at the '18 SS. But, I wasn't in love with its looks, then I turned attention to the '18 GT. I had to drive one, then when I did, I was hooked, and bought it. But, the reasons I chose it over the SS: Better looks, better engine, better interior, a lot more safety tech, (Safe and Smart package), 10 speed auto, 50% larger trunk, bigger back seat (slightly), better visibility, and did I mention the looks? The PP1 is a darn fine looking machine. That wide, squat read-end is amazing to see IMO. And you know what - I never track it, so the handling dynamics is plenty perfect for me on the street. It grips 0.98 Gs, plenty for me.
Same here, at least one of each generation of Camaro up until 5 (and 6). Driving a '19 GT convinced me it was time to switch brands. Sure, the LS has more punch at low and mid rpm but winding out the 5.0 is so much fun! It handles more than good enough for me, no need to put up with the many shortcomings of the Camaro for that little bit more handling that is not usable 99.9% of the time.
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
its the same ol same ol every time. chevy puts in the camaro a big engine with massive HP and straight line performance and everyone goes giddy over it.....
who cares you can't see, who cares about the cheap plastic, who cares that there is no room, but hey it goes fast in a straight line! woohoo...
at this point i really dont care about reading the mustang vs camaro articles ever again....bla bla bla....you know who they will pick.
we all have out likes so let it be that.
i guess that's why the camaro sales are selling thru the roof and everyone raves about how great the car is....(enter sarcasm here)
reality shows that camaro sales suck and no one wants to drive a car that is cramped, hard to see out of and just has cheap interior parts.
(mustang is not far behind on the interior parts but at least its better)

car magazines, please stop these mustang vs camaro articles since we know who you will pick so dont waste our time.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Eh the mustang out performs in handling and some acceleration metrics. The coyote is incredibly easy to mod and more robust.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
car magazines, please stop these mustang vs camaro articles since we know who you will pick so dont waste our time.
Hopefully it will stop sense camaro has been cancelled but probably won't motor1 already has a article out saying cancelledmaro is best pony car that shouldn't be cancelled.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Cool, that's great. You can wave those stats around when it's 3 seconds faster on a 2 mile track, or when it waxes you on an autocross course. There is a reason the Camaro got moved up a class in competitions.
Incorrect. Those stats can be waved around when it’s even a tenth quicker. The Camaro guys do that. We can too.

The Camaro “feels” smaller (of course it does. It’s more cramped) The Mustang demonstrably handles better. And that’s the way it is.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Incorrect. Those stats can be waved around when it’s even a tenth quicker. The Camaro guys do that. We can too.

The Camaro “feels” smaller (of course it does. It’s more cramped) The Mustang demonstrably handles better. And that’s the way it is.

Same tire comp, just smaller on the Camaro. 1:12.77 Mustang vs 1:11.5 Camaro. OOF. That's the way it is.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:giggle:Well all I can say is. You Camaro boys better run out and buy yourselves one real soon. Cause apparently that supercar like performance doesn't sell cars.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
That sounds incredible. I do love kettle corn, and coconut oil makes everything better. I fry homemade potato chips in pure coconut oil.
Be sure to check your Triglycerides, LDL, HDL and Total Cholesterol.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE