Car and Driver Compares the 1LE to the PP2

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
The irony of my statement? I didnt buy a Mustang because I wanna blow Henry Ford or because I give a shit about the company. I bought it because I liked the car itself better. My next car will be a Corvette as soon as I can put the kid in a front facing seat. You still dont get it.
Okay, explain it to me. Someone else buys what they love and they are a fanboy sheeple... But you buy what you love, and you're a 'car guy'. How's that?

BTW, for the record, I still never said I don't like Camaros. I just like mustangs better.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
I liked this thread better when it was about delicious snacks. My favorite method of making popcorn is an air-popper. Discuss.
Air poppers suck. If it's not in oil, it's not popcorn!

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Okay, explain it to me. Someone else buys what they love and they are a fanboy sheeple... But you buy what you love, and you're a 'car guy'. How's that?

BTW, for the record, I still never said I don't like Camaros. I just like mustangs better.
Well then you took my statement to heart. I was saying people that buy based on brand alone are sheeple. Not necessarily you.

And to go back to your point earlier, huge difference between PP1 and 2, I don't think anyone would think they are close. PP2 and 1LE are close, and are in a different performance metric from the rest of the lower line up. Closer to the 350 if anything.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Well then you took my statement to heart. I was saying people that buy based on brand alone are sheeple. Not necessarily you.

And to go back to your point earlier, huge difference between PP1 and 2, I don't think anyone would think they are close. PP2 and 1LE are close, and are in a different performance metric from the rest of the lower line up. Closer to the 350 if anything.
Tread lightly friend, I've already been admonished that the PP2 and 1LE are in different SCCA classes, so can't be anywhere near close in performance, and that a PP1 with stickier tires is basically the equivalent of a PP2 in handling.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Tread lightly friend, I've already been admonished that the PP2 and 1LE are in different SCCA classes, so can't be anywhere near close in performance, and that a PP1 with stickier tires is basically the equivalent of a PP2 in handling.
I don't have enough knowledge to know about different classes. I haven't driven either car on track, but i have driven a 1LE on back roads. In fact, I've never driven a PP2 at all. I do however have a lot of experience with my PP1, and comparing it to a 1LE, the Camaro is in a different league, as I'm sure the PP2 is as well.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
I don't have enough knowledge to know about different classes. I haven't driven either car on track, but i have driven a 1LE on back roads. In fact, I've never driven a PP2 at all. I do however have a lot of experience with my PP1, and comparing it to a 1LE, the Camaro is in a different league, as I'm sure the PP2 is as well.
No matter. IMO those things are irrelevant anyway since we bought street cars with track capabilities, and not race cars. Besides, everyone knows it's the color of your car that really matters, and you got best one!

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
No matter. IMO those things are irrelevant anyway since we bought street cars with track capabilities, and not race cars. Besides, everyone knows it's the color of your car that really matters, and you got best one!
100% agree. And I do love the color, it really is the best one ;)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Air poppers suck. If it's not in oil, it's not popcorn!
Huh, you must not really be a popcorn guy. Damn sheeple who just don't appreciate all the ways to make popcorn.
Oh my he's and oil popcorn fanboi doesn't he know air poppers are a tenth faster and they have the superior chassis which allows corner faster and be faster down the straightaways. :giggle:

Last edited:

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Right on. If we keep this going we can get more posts than the thread about putting a truck motor in the s550!

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
I'm just waiting for an idiot to say microwave. I think we can all agree that microwaving is the Camry of popcorn. Boring, safe, technically functional, but lacking any soul.
But I think some of these reviewers would actually prefer to be in a Camry.

And don't go knocking micro popcorn. I don't always have time to heat up the oil!