Car and Driver 2020 GT500 First Test - 11.4 @ 132 quarter mile

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Since the subject matter is completely blown.... how come you didn't come down to Daytona last weekend?
Laziness.

:D

I almost did, was a decent day for a drive (was glad the weather held out for you guys), just had a ton of things going on, by the time I thought about going (after the gym, supply run for extra Christmas lights/booze/beer), the show was over, it was getting late, we had this killer dinner on deck - hell, I was supposed to be catching up on work, and I blew that off!

Hahaha, even the wife was like, "Don't you have some kind of thing down in Daytona?"

If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have done my Corvette Museum delivery - I also wouldn't have these marks on my ass, but that's a whole something else ...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hope you all are having fun with the trolling while ignoring having an actual conversation. I suppose I've found Blackholes counterparts, eh?
The wonderful thing about a drag strip vs a magazine. Is at the end of a run at the drag strip. Your given a timeslip. Loaded with very detailed information. Once you learn how to analyze that information. You can have an informed opinion. On how a particular car is performing. A 1.2 sixty would indicate a blown launch. In other words driver error. For example. With the magazine results. That you seam to prefer. You stated the car didn't put the power down. Why? Was their driver error? Was the surface dirty that day? What was the temperature? See you don't have nearly the information. That a timeslip provides. You mention your interested in what it'll do on the street. Look at the sixty to the 330 foot mark. To see what a passing situation would look like. ET is an indicator of power. Etc. There is other information drag racers use. Like a DA calulator. Thatll give you the exact weather conditions. On a drag strip run. Drag strips are cleaned and prepped before runs. So thats another variable removed. Your armed with 10 times the information. Vs some ding dong journalist's opinion. Do you want actual data. Or someones opinion?

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
People said the same thing about my Uncle Dave ...

... later I found out he wasn't even my uncle.
I absolutely love stupid ignorant posts like this. Obviously your about to go pro in the asshole contest. Well done sir. :like:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The wonderful thing about a drag strip vs a magazine. Is at the end of a run at the drag strip. Your given a timeslip. Loaded with very detailed information. Once you learn how to analyze that information. You can have an informed opinion. On how a particular car is performing. A 1.2 sixty would indicate a blown launch. In other words driver error. For example. With the magazine results. That you seam to prefer. You stated the car didn't put the power down. Why? Was their driver error? Was the surface dirty that day? What was the temperature? See you don't have nearly the information. That a timeslip provides. You mention your interested in what it'll do on the street. Look at the sixty to the 330 foot mark. To see what a passing situation would look like. ET is an indicator of power. Etc. There is other information drag racers use. Like a DA calulator. So with a drag strip run. Your armed with 10 times the information. Vs some ding dong journalist's opinion. Do you want actual data. Or someones opinion?
Not sure if. You. Are posting from. Your phone or are. Actually putting those periods. There on. Purpose.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if. You. Are posting from. Your phone or are. Actually putting those periods. There on. Purpose.
Always from an old galaxy. Your not the first to tell me. This triggers the OCD types. But i did go to public school back in the 70s sooooo.:computerrage:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Not OCD. Just hard to follow each thought/sentence only to have it aborted and a new one begins. I wasn't aware that you were aware of it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Not OCD. Just hard to follow each thought/sentence only to have it aborted and a new one begins. I wasn't aware that you were aware of it.
If I didn't find your reply funny. Id be insulted that you thought I was unaware. Truth be told. I just dont care enough to correct it.

Last edited:

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Forward to 3:15. 'Fastest stock car I've ever been in'.