Car and Driver 2018 Mustang GT instrument test

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
That is some interesting cross-shopping. A WRX isn't even in the same realm of existence as most of the other cars, seems more like Ecoboost competition.
Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I really don’t get the blind hate for mustangs on the camaro forums or hate for camaros on the stang forums.:shrug:
Having been on both forums I think you're overstating the "blind hate" for Camaros here (unless you mean we hate being blind while in a Camaro? :D just a joke)
Yeah, there's a few guys that talk a lot of shit but most don't really have a problem with the Camaros even if it's not something we'd buy ourselves for whatever reason.

Over there though...

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be into old school muscle cars from the time i was a teenager but now that I've owned newer muscle cars I find myself un interested in those cars. With advancements in technology and the amount of power cubic inch of todays cars i just cant get excited about a 425 hp big block car that can only run 14-15 second 1/4 mile times. I just like what i like. Also i can’t really get into un attainable super cars and hyper cars. They’re just so far out there beyond what i could ever own! i consider myself a performance enthusiast more so then a car enthusiast. If there’s a Chevy car show on tv, i wont watch it but if there is a show on tv with a twin turbo installation on a camaro i will watch it.

Last edited:

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... I really don’t get the blind hate for mustangs on the camaro forums or hate for camaros on the stang forums.:shrug:
I was curious about Corvette blind spots, and venturing over to Corvette forum, someone had posted this photo, saying the truck in the blind spot is lifted, with oversize tires.
corvette1.jpg

div2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i
That is some interesting cross-shopping. A WRX isn't even in the same realm of existence as most of the other cars, seems more like Ecoboost competition.
Whatever car I bought was going to serve as my HPDE instructor car. My previous track rat was a mildly tweaked Mazdaspeed3(I wanted to get first hand experience with a FWD car because we were getting a number of students in GTIs, Mini Coopers, etc.) The WRX was interesting because you could play with the front/rear torque split, but in the end I found it to be too similar to the MS3- I wanted something different.

Sponsored

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
If you look at what Car and Driver calls their "In Depth" reviews they measure th unobstructed view(s) of the tested vehicle. There is a significant difference between the Camaro: https://www.caranddriver.com/review...-camaro-interior-review-car-and-driver-page-5
and the Mustang: https://www.caranddriver.com/review...mustang-interior-review-car-and-driver-page-5
Never seen their in depth reviews before. These tests/measures really highlight how ze germans focus on packaging/livability.
IMO the only thing the mustang needs is another 1-1.5 inches of rear headroom, dk how that'd be possible on this platform though.

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Had blind spot detection

My 2015 GT Premium (401A) had the blind spot detection, hated it. Its does not tell you anything other than something is in the blind spot.

I have a 2017 GT Premium (400A) now and it has the small mirrors in the corner of the mirrors. LOVE IT, I can actually look and see WHAT is in the blind spot or next to me.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
My 2015 GT Premium (401A) had the blind spot detection, hated it. Its does not tell you anything other than something is in the blind spot.

I have a 2017 GT Premium (400A) now and it has the small mirrors in the corner of the mirrors. LOVE IT, I can actually look and see WHAT is in the blind spot or next to me.
interesting... I have a 17 GT premium PP 400a, and I was really torn between buying the 400a or the 401a. I wanted the blind spot assist and I wanted HD radio, but I didn't want to pay any more than I was already paying for the 400a. Never knew the blind spot warning was not intuitive enough to tell you which blind spot help you ID whats in it. My daily is an F150, so I'm use to BIG side mirrors with lots of visibility. Really is an adjustment swapping between the cars.

If the Mustang is that hindered, I can't imagine what life is like in the Camaro

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
interesting... I have a 17 GT premium PP 400a, and I was really torn between buying the 400a or the 401a. I wanted the blind spot assist and I wanted HD radio, but I didn't want to pay any more than I was already paying for the 400a. Never knew the blind spot warning was not intuitive enough to tell you which blind spot help you ID whats in it. My daily is an F150, so I'm use to BIG side mirrors with lots of visibility. Really is an adjustment swapping between the cars.

If the Mustang is that hindered, I can't imagine what life is like in the Camaro
I use my bliss all the time it helps ...glad i got it..

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
What is there to hate lol as 9 times out of 10 there is a car there..to each their own.
I also have my mirrors set in a fashion where I can see what's in my blind spots as well (works just as well as your little mirror)before committing to a lane change.

I was curious about Corvette blind spots, and venturing over to Corvette forum, someone had posted this photo, saying the truck in the blind spot is lifted, with oversize tires.
I don't know, go ask someone that owns a vette:shrug:

Having been on both forums I think you're overstating the "blind hate" for Camaros here (unless you mean we hate being blind while in a Camaro? :D just a joke)
Yeah, there's a few guys that talk a lot of shit but most don't really have a problem with the Camaros even if it's not something we'd buy ourselves for whatever reason.

Over there though...
If you read closely what I posted, I said "blind hate" behind the camaro and "hate" behind mustang, although the mustang trolls over at C6 seem to have blind hate as well.
I'm of course not speaking for ALL mustang/camaro owners..

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Okay, I'll bite - what else did you expect the blind spot light to do besides light up to warn you that something's in your blind spot on that side of the car...?

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10

I ordered my '18 loaded except chose the 400A over the 401A for a few reasons with one of them being the blind spot monitoring system...
On my weekly 600 mile roundtrip interstate commute to work in my '16 SHO, a couple states didn't mow the grass on the sides of the interstate which caused the system to be triggered for hours on end. Eventually it would cause the BLISS system to fault and shut itself off until the car was restarted. I do like the system for more normal driving since all my windows are always tinted 5% but there's no use in having it if it doesn't work right for 9 hours of driving a week.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my '18 loaded except chose the 400A over the 401A for a few reasons with one of them being the blind spot monitoring system.
I thought BLIS only came with the safe and smart package? I mean, if not, that's cool that I'll be getting it on mine :shrug:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I thought BLIS only came with the safe and smart package? I mean, if not, that's cool that I'll be getting it on mine :shrug:
From the order guide it appears that BLIS is only included with the Safe and Smart package.
Sponsored