Sponsored

Car and Driver 20 Greatest of All Time (spoiler)

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have 2019 Oxford white with cona blue stripes, electronic package and leather seats one of thousands. But all this is not what make it unique. What makes her unique is a small stone left on the rear fender and painted over it in the Ford factory. I don't think any other car in the world regardless of make have it. Great QC Ford, 117 years in the car business.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Whatā€™s odd is that Koons also had a LFG with no stripes but with the Recaros and electronic package in the showroom with the one I bought, at the same time. Given that for 18, the leather seats option was hard to find, I suppose my build is probably 1 of 40 or so then.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
was there a ranking to the 20 cars?
where on the list did it fall?
what was #1?
Nope, they didn't rank any of the cars. They just listed them. I think the list was organized by how well each car's write-up fit rather than by a ranking.

The GT350 was listed towards the back of the article, though.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
At least it wasn't the car listed on the last page... The only unanimously voted on car: YUGO! (for the worst car of all time! hehehe)

Oh, btw, look at the blue car in my signature and note that it was also on the list :-D

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
At least it wasn't the car listed on the last page... The only unanimously voted on car: YUGO! (for the worst car of all time! hehehe)

Oh, btw, look at the blue car in my signature and note that it was also on the list :-D
Since we are straying slightly off topic...I would say Yugo had some competition...
Gremlin.jpeg
Pacer.jpg

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Oh no way. The AMC's were at least real cars, not to mention had cool options like the Gremlin X. The Pacer, well, at least you could fit a Maverick inside of it! LOL

What did the Yugo have? THREE LUG NUTS!

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Oh no way. The AMC's were at least real cars, not to mention had cool options like the Gremlin X. The Pacer, well, at least you could fit a Maverick inside of it! LOL

What did the Yugo have? THREE LUG NUTS!

Yugo has an excuse since it was a communist nation's early attempt at capitalism. No excuse for AMC :).

I remember the Gremlin commercial where a woman pulled up to the gas pump and the attendant said, "Hey lady, where is the rest of your car?" Thought it was hilarious at the time.

Edit:

Last edited:

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Had a Gremlin. No uglier then a Pinto to me. Seen a few cool ones, an X in green. Its no Shelby but I think no worse then other econo boxes

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I wouldn't compare gremlin to yugo.

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
69F0D80E-C9CF-46C3-9515-D28C4CF22090.jpeg
The ugly genre included my ā€˜84 Omni glh. The Shelby help did nothing for the looks. My college roommate rolled two Pintos and lived to talk about it. The insurance co replaced his first one with another one so he could destroy that also. Man, I miss those days...

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
69F0D80E-C9CF-46C3-9515-D28C4CF22090.jpeg
The ugly genre included my ā€˜84 Omni glh. The Shelby help did nothing for the looks. My college roommate rolled two Pintos and lived to talk about it. The insurance co replaced his first one with another one so he could destroy that also. Man, I miss those days...
Impressive. My college roommate rolled a brand new, I mean BRAND NEW, 1988 Formula Firebird 350 with me on it. Actually, he didn't toll it as much as he flipped it end over end and landed it upside down, in a creek, down a 20' hill. We were hanging from the seatbelts with the creek water running under us (which I thought was fuel leaking out). So I released the seatbelt, dropping me on my head, and then turned off the engine, which was not easy upside down, I had to put it in park first, also not easy upside down.

Yes, the good old days.

And at the end of the day all I could think of was, damn, another rich kid totals a brand-new nice car and the insurance company is going nuts. Ironically, I priced insurance on that car when I graduated college. They wanted $10,000 a year on a car that was about 12k. And they were not wrong I guess for asking it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Since we are straying slightly off topic...I would say Yugo had some competition...
Gremlin.jpeg
Pacer.jpg
My HS buddy had a Pacer! Bright yellow. We called it the Fishbowl. Not great on the performance but I think it had a three on the tree manual... Pretty sure it was his Pacer. That made it more interesting to drive... That and the unassisted, non power steering.. Good times!
Sponsored