Sponsored

Can't decide on KB or Whipple

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I have been toying with the idea of buying a supercharger kit for the last month. I am torn between the KB 2.8lc or the Gen3 Whipple. In the past I had a KB 2.3 on my Terminator and they are all I am familiar with. I have done alot of reading on the whipple and also like some of their features. Price wise I'm looking at about a $300 difference with the KB being cheaper. I'm looking for some advice on what to spend the 7 to 7500 bucks on in the next few weeks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
The Whipple Gen 3 hands down gets my vote. The system is just complete, quality and makes killer power. You can't beat the OEM fitment as well.

Give us a shout if you have any questions about a specific Whipple kit, we'd love to help ya out!!

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You'll find that this forum is mostly whipple biased. But then again that's what almost every vendor on this forum sells. I'm sure [MENTION=10789]Travis@boostworks[/MENTION] can get well below that price point, especially on their 2.8

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Whipple all the way. Fit and Finish is among the best out there, and out of the box they make an extremely well put together kit in both parts provided and tuning. With the new Gen 3 Rotors you'll be able to make some decent power without trying to hard. Give us a shout if you have any questions.

Matt

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
any s/c will make great power.

the gen3 whipple will be a big winner though!!

you really can't go wrong with this setup, were going to be doing some before / after comparisons here real soon

let me know if we can help at all

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Whipple 2.9 Gen 3 FTW! We have always had great success with Whipple and made some big power on the Gen 2, so I could only imagine this Gen 3 is going to be a game changer. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions or need pricing on a kit, I would be glad to help out!

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
Spark plug changes on the KB suck...you have to take the intake elbow off on the driver side. Other thing going for the whipple is the tune was done by a Ford Engineer so its as good as OEM. You won't find that quality anywhere else...

Tony

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Easy decision- Go with a company that's always improving their product or one that hasn't evolved for years. Whipple all the way. Not even a question.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Idk if anyone has mentioned it yet or not but I would consider the whipple

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
We are finally installing my Gen 2 Whipple on Saturday. I had it for a month but had no time to install. On Sunday Ill give you my vote. LOL

cobra99dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A lot of bias towards Whipple here as all the above vendors sell their kits. I personally have a KB on my car and the fit, finish, completeness of the kit, and the instructions were all top notch not to mention they have great customer support.

Both are good options and will make great power either way. I went KB because noone around me has one on a 15+ and I didn't want to be like the 10 other Whipple cars at a show. I think you will be happy with whichever one you choose though.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
That^^^^^ The badass little blower that could. Spend the money saved on other mods like E85 fuel system or suspension upgrades!
Sponsored