Sponsored

Cancelled 2021 spot because of dealer, but I'm happy!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I can’t wait to send them some pics when it is being loaded in my trailer. I haven’t told them I bought another one yet, will be priceless
Really like your color combination and great job on getting a very cool car at a reasonable price especially based on the Alberta market place and their mentality up there.

Back in the day I purchased numerous Mustangs in both Calgary and Edmonton and of course did not have the gouging going on back then that is present now in Western Canada.

I am probably wrong but the pictures you listed with your GT500 look like the Sherwood Ford showroom in Sherwood Park but that was many years ago?

As far as signing a non-export document that has become standard protocol for some Ford dealerships in Canada whereas many other Ford dealerships in Canada don't really worry about it too much.

If you want any further feedback on that issue send me a PM and will bring you up to speed.

Congrats again on your outstanding new ride!!

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Make sure you get the splitter, gurney flap, camber plates, and splitter wickers with the car. Dealers often forget to include that with the car, you paid for it.
Don't forget the the air/oil separator.

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
Thanks Tatum, and you are right, I didn’t think about that until now about the colour not available for 21

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Thanks,it is a weird market up here, although things are drastically different with our economy right now compared to the glory days of the mid 2000’s when oil prices were sky high and people had more disposable income then they knew what to do with. But the dealers here, at least some of them, still think that market exists. actually bought the car from Cam Clark in Airdrie, they have been great so far, no bullshit, straight forward and fair.

Really like your color combination and great job on getting a very cool car at a reasonable price especially based on the Alberta market place and their mentality up there.

Back in the day I purchased numerous Mustangs in both Calgary and Edmonton and of course did not have the gouging going on back then that is present now in Western Canada.

I am probably wrong but the pictures you listed with your GT500 look like the Sherwood Ford showroom in Sherwood Park but that was many years ago?

As far as signing a non-export document that has become standard protocol for some Ford dealerships in Canada whereas many other Ford dealerships in Canada don't really worry about it too much.

If you want any further feedback on that issue send me a PM and will bring you up to speed.

Congrats again on your outstanding new ride!!

:sunglasses:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks,it is a weird market up here, although things are drastically different with our economy right now compared to the glory days of the mid 2000’s when oil prices were sky high and people had more disposable income then they knew what to do with. But the dealers here, at least some of them, still think that market exists. actually bought the car from Cam Clark in Airdrie, they have been great so far, no bullshit, straight forward and fair.
Yes and way back I think it had the old Davidson-Clark Motors nameplate on that dealership.

I assume that Airdrie still have some of the best ice cream around?

We used to head out to Airdrie on Sunday's for ice cream in the summer time and then coached hockey pretty much all winter with our home practice ice rink in Airdrie when they were only charging us $40/hour for the entire rink and that was some ~45 years ago.

:facepalm:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats! I had some similar experience and ended up with same color. Its a such a sleeper color. I got so lucky as the stars aligned for MSRP. I've had mine 1 year ago yesterday.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
5 Oh: Sometimes, it seems like yesterday and then others, last December seems like a lifetime ago. I'd forgotten that you were one of the lucky early recipients like Jaime and Tob. I couldn't swing MSRP but I got pretty close. :-)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'd have had mine ~13 months ago were it not for the "hold" some of us suffered through. You're right KB, it does seem a lifetime ago. I was lucky to get MSRP but then again I made my deal in November of 2017. That was a lifetime ago, giving up my GT350 for a car I wasn't even sure would be made.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I'd have had mine ~13 months ago were it not for the "hold" some of us suffered through. You're right KB, it does seem a lifetime ago. I was lucky to get MSRP but then again I made my deal in November of 2017. That was a lifetime ago, giving up my GT350 for a car I wasn't even sure would be made.
You were one of the lucky ones that was dealing with a great dealer, to bad you had to see the car sitting at the railyard for so long.

62233-XL.jpg

62232-XL.jpg

Nick to the rescue.

62149_jpeg.jpg

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Congrats on the new car. If you do a quick search there is about 300 20’s still for sale. Some greedy dealers are requiring crazy markup still. Should be interesting when the 21’s orders banks start opening up in a few days.
Sponsored