Sponsored

Cancelled 2021 spot because of dealer, but I'm happy!

K6590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I would have pulled the truck and trailer up in front of the 30K dealer with a friend, unloaded the car from the trailer, let it sit there running for a while until the trailer gets buttoned back up, then drive off with your buddy driving the truck and trailer off. Wouldn't have to say a word.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
Wife and I went to pick up the new GT500 today, roads were perfect for the 3 hour drive. Dry and snow and ice free - a rarity this time of year up in these neck of the woods. Pick up went flawless at the dealer, they had everything ready to go. The car was parked in the showroom, after I had the trailer lined up at the doors I sat into the Shelby for the first time and started it up - WOW!!! the noise in the showroom with the cold start was awesome - the girls standing around the reception desk all jumped lol. I got to drive the car a total of about 100 feet today - is it broken in yet? now I can finish the PDI, clean it up to my standards, read the manual, go through everything and try as much as I can with it parked. Will line up ceramic and film in the spring when the roads are cleaned up. come on spring!!! hurry up!!!

20201229_170951.jpg

20201229_172503.jpg

20201229_172237.jpg

20201229_172339.jpg

20201229_132529.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
We need pics of that Bronco and F150!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Wife and I went to pick up the new GT500 today, roads were perfect for the 3 hour drive. Dry and snow and ice free - a rarity this time of year up in these neck of the woods. Pick up went flawless at the dealer, they had everything ready to go. The car was parked in the showroom, after I had the trailer lined up at the doors I sat into the Shelby for the first time and started it up - WOW!!! the noise in the showroom with the cold start was awesome - the girls standing around the reception desk all jumped lol. I got to drive the car a total of about 100 feet today - is it broken in yet? now I can finish the PDI, clean it up to my standards, read the manual, go through everything and try as much as I can with it parked. Will line up ceramic and film in the spring when the roads are cleaned up. come on spring!!! hurry up!!!
After seeing some of ya'lls garages and the beautiful cars you have accumulated it makes me appreciate having been fortunate enough to own such an awesome car with you big ballers. I've owned some very nice cars but never the collections I see on here.

Congrats on the new ride. It's one of the most beautiful and understated colors on the car.

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I tried dealing with Freedom Ford and Advantage Ford and they were the biggest pain in the asses ever. Congrats on the GT500!

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
yes I am a truck guy too lol, the 79 F150 was a real find in Idaho, the previous owner had a note book from new with every oil change, service, windshield wiper replacement, etc documented. There was zero rust on it too, great truck. I had the original 460 rebuilt with some updated performance mods so it now pushes 360HP and 550ftlbs of torque on the dyno. sounds great too with the big block and headers. Just picked up the 79 Bronco a couple months ago, cleaning the underside and have the interior stripped to update as well. here are some pics...

We need pics of that Bronco and F150!
20201004_181314.jpg

20201230_082525.jpg

20200212_191127 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, there are a lot of nice collections for sure, it is a bit of an addiction for sure lol.

I wasn't sure I was going to like the Magnetic color and wondered if I was settling just because the car was available and a good price. Originally I wanted to order a 21 in Rapid Red with the black roof. But when I arrived at the dealer yesterday and saw the car in person I have no regrets with the color. The metallic really pops in the sun and the contrast with the black trim, stripes and wheels is hard to describe, but classy and sleek comes to mind. The only thing I hope I don't regret is the vinyl stripes, but they can always be replaced later on if they start looking like crap and will just need to be careful with them.

After seeing some of ya'lls garages and the beautiful cars you have accumulated it makes me appreciate having been fortunate enough to own such an awesome car with you big ballers. I've owned some very nice cars but never the collections I see on here.

Congrats on the new ride. It's one of the most beautiful and understated colors on the car.

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
I cant speak to A.F., but you are 100% right about Freedom, Their moto should be we "we over promise and under deliver" it is sad, because a good customer experience isn't difficult -but when dealer greed comes into play having a good experience can be difficult. I must plug the dealer that I bought the GT500 from because it was a smooth and very simple process and good experience from start to finish - Cam Clark Ford in Airdrie Alberta

I tried dealing with Freedom Ford and Advantage Ford and they were the biggest pain in the asses ever. Congrats on the GT500!
Sponsored