Sponsored

Cancelled 2021 spot because of dealer, but I'm happy!

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
What a day, so I booked a spot with a local dealer for a 2021 GT500 back in April. He had 6 cars allocated for 2020 and all were sold so he was starting a list for 21, he started out at $20k for the ADM and we finally settled on $7.5k, gave him my deposit and started the wait - I was number 3 on his list. He was confident he would get another 6 allocations for 21 and at the time and I wasn't really ready to take one so timing seemed great to wait. Then Covid happened and everything was pushing out. I was trying to find info from the dealer on any updates monthly since August and their communication sucked, so I would like to thank everyone in these forums for any updates that were shared along the way, it also made me want the car more than ever reading all the Threads. Fast forward to this week, called again yesterday for an update and he said he would check with the manager and call back. I was getting really annoyed at the lack of communication and their poor customer service. For s**ts and giggles I checked the Ford Canada site to see if there were any 20's in stock nearby. it showed two at a dealer about 2.5 hours from me so I called, thinking I would get the standard answer that they were sold and just there as part of the strategy to gain more traffic for the dealer but one of them was actually for sale, it was Magnetic, CF dash, black vinyl OTT and side stripes, Tech and Handling Packages, grey cover and Recaros. I asked him if he would take MSRP and I would do a cash deal before the end of month, he called back and said best they would do is 5K, I thought this was interesting and left it at that, waited for my dealer to call me back on the 21 status. He calls back this morning and said they don't know when the 21 order banks will open but they did know that they had 6 spots secured once again for 21 and oh, by the way Ford is changing protocol for Canadian orders so people don't ship new cars to the US and we have to change the ADM to $30k because
cam 1.jpg
of that. my mouth dropped and said WTF, we had a deal and you have my deposit, told him to go back to his manager and get this changed back to our $7.5 k deal we made back in April and call me back - I was so angry, I didn't want to deal with these guys anymore. I called the other dealer with the stock Magnetic and it was still available, asked him to work an all in price out the door. meanwhile the 21 dealer calls back and says sorry we have to stick to the $30k ADM for the 21 - I told him to shove it and refund my deposit, which he eventually did - so I bought the Magnetic, not the color I wanted to order, but I still like it very much. Heading down early next week with the trailer to pick it up. I do have to sign a non export document stating I will not sell the car into the USA, so something is up with that. Now I get to park the car in my shop and look at it all winter waiting to drive this beast - it is going to be a long winter! Merry Christmas everyone

cam 1a.jpg

cam 1b.jpg

cam 2.jpg
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Make sure you take it to first dealer for some bogus warranty work.

Maybe a window that goes up and down slightly while going down the road (common)

Rub it in the dealers face.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's a sub 4k ADM in the U.S. you did well.

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Congrats. That is a very understated classy color combo.

I lucked into mine. It was ordered by another individual that could not take delivery when it arrived. I had ordered a Green spec'd out similar to the black but with the regular seats. Decided the black wasn't a bad option and the Recaro seats were comfy. It seemed better than waiting a half a year of more for my order. Bottom line was I am driving it now rather than dreaming of driving it many months from now.

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
I can’t wait to send them some pics when it is being loaded in my trailer. I haven’t told them I bought another one yet, will be priceless

Make sure you take it to first dealer for some bogus warranty work.

Maybe a window that goes up and down slightly while going down the road (common)

Rub it in the dealers face.

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Tom, I was pretty happy when they came back with that price and timing of everything was perfect, other than having to trek a few hours with the trailer in winter conditions next week

That's a sub 4k ADM in the U.S. you did well.

OP
OP
Dcgtconv

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Must be fate, glad it worked out for you, and yes the wait part will be nice to avoid now. I would have been wanting updates weekly from the dealer and it likely wouldn’t have arrived until late next summer, so yes bring on spring! i will have time this winter to go over the quality issues others have posted, hopefully mine was one of the lucky ones

Congrats. That is a very understated classy color combo.

I lucked into mine. It was ordered by another individual that could not take delivery when it arrived. I had ordered a Green spec'd out similar to the black but with the regular seats. Decided the black wasn't a bad option and the Recaro seats were comfy. It seemed better than waiting a half a year of more for my order. Bottom line was I am driving it now rather than dreaming of driving it many months from now.

Sponsored

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Congrats on the car. There are many good dealers and unfortunately there are some crummy ones.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks Tom, I was pretty happy when they came back with that price and timing of everything was perfect, other than having to trek a few hours with the trailer in winter conditions next week
Make sure you get the splitter, gurney flap, camber plates, and splitter wickers with the car. Dealers often forget to include that with the car, you paid for it.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Make sure you get the splitter, gurney flap, camber plates, and splitter wickers with the car. Dealers often forget to include that with the car, you paid for it.
I never got my camber plates. Thought there was some confusion regarding the camber plates with base cars

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I never got my camber plates. Thought there was some confusion regarding the camber plates with base cars
If you get the handling package, you get them in a separate box. They suck anyway, a real bitch to adjust camber. Mine required a 2x4 and a hand held sledge hammer to get it to move.

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Just to let you know, that color is not available in 21. So you want be seeing to many like yours. Beautiful car man..Congrats.
Sponsored