Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium PP
Hey Guys,

I need some experienced advice. This is my first car purchase and I went with the 6 year 100k warranty for an additioanl $2k or whatevr it was.

Now i'm thinking that half the stuff I want to do to the car is going to void the warranty all together... (got the mod bug:doh:)

So I purchased the car 28 days ago. I heard there is something about a 30 day cancellation, if so i'd love to just put that towards the principle on the car.

My question is, what do y'all think. if I end up not SC or tuning it, would it be worth it? My thoughts are that for $2k I could repair quite a few things, with the exception of an engine or trans failure.

Again I'm new to the new car (having a warranty at all) deal, so any advice is warranted. Also if you have cancelled an extended warranty, could you please advise on what that process looks like?

Thanks,

Brice
Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
For everyone who is tuning the Mustang or makes changes, the ESP isn't working. It will void the warranty "if" the tunes and changes damage your vehicle. I wrote "if". And I have no idea if you get your 2k back if you cancel your ESP. Call your dealer and ask him directly. Nobody knows your dealer to give you a correct advice.

OP
OP
Brice80

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
For everyone who is tuning the Mustang or makes changes, the ESP isn't working. It will void the warranty "if" the tunes and changes damage your vehicle. I wrote "if". And I have no idea if you get your 2k back if you cancel your ESP. Call your dealer and ask him directly. Nobody knows your dealer to give you a correct advice.
Yea contacted my sales guy, and he's escalating it to the finance manager. I'm within the 30 days so I'm hoping I can get a full refund, as I could see myself tuning or upgrading to a gt350 in a year or two.

Thank you for the info on the tuning, didn't know it would absolutely void the ESP.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
$2k seems like a lot of money to spend on a warranty. I would pocket that and save it for parts/repairs down the road.

OP
OP
Brice80

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
$2k seems like a lot of money to spend on a warranty. I would pocket that and save it for parts/repairs down the road.
Yea it was one of those "he's 22 buying a brand new car, lets get him on everything" sort of deals, and it seemed appealing. Now I'm wanting to do very simple things and they're giving me a hard time with warranty issues. Therefore I'd prefer to get out of it ASAP, put it towards the loan, and just save for the repairs as you stated.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
TODAY...

write a letter formal letter, and hand deliver it to the finance guys desk.

They will refund you the $2k as a payment directly to your loan company. (you personally wont get $2k).

you loan payoff alue will drop.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It depends. That's pretty high, and a very long warranty. Do you intend to really keep the car 6 years/100k miles? That will be well into the next visual refresh of the Mustang which happens every 4-5 years.

I think my 5yr/60k warranty was $1,200 or so (in FL we can only get it at the dealership and no t from Flood Ford etc at a cheap price due to law here).

It's a gamble. Your MyFordTouch could give out tommorow and that is not a cheap piece to replace- and there is the screen plus various modules behind there running it all; each over $500. It could add up fast.

I'm more concerned with the electronics than the engine really. The 5.0 is proven durable.

OP
OP
Brice80

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
TODAY...

write a letter formal letter, and hand deliver it to the finance guys desk.

They will refund you the $2k as a payment directly to your loan company. (you personally wont get $2k).

you loan payoff alue will drop.
Yea, gotta pick up my plates, maybe I'll make it that way tomorrow. I sent in a formal email, to at least start the process.

It depends. That's pretty high, and a very long warranty. Do you intend to really keep the car 6 years/100k miles? That will be well into the next visual refresh of the Mustang which happens every 4-5 years.

I think my 5yr/60k warranty was $1,200 or so (in FL we can only get it at the dealership and no t from Flood Ford etc at a cheap price due to law here).

It's a gamble. Your MyFordTouch could give out tommorow and that is not a cheap piece to replace- the whole touchscreen assembly. The part alone is well in the neighborhood of $800 without labor.
Yea I definitely don't see myself keeping it for 6 years, as I'd get the new refreshed model, or a gt350 later on. Wouldn't the myfordtouch be covered in the 3 year 36k warranty? This is my only concern as I don't know exactly how long I plan on keeping it. maybe 4-5 years tops. Your warranty seems like something I'd be more interested in. half the price, for full coverage to 60k.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yea, gotta pick up my plates, maybe I'll make it that way tomorrow. I sent in a formal email, to at least start the process.

Yea I definitely don't see myself keeping it for 6 years, as I'd get the new refreshed model, or a gt350 later on. Wouldn't the myfordtouch be covered in the 3 year 36k warranty? This is my only concern as I don't know exactly how long I plan on keeping it. maybe 4-5 years tops. Your warranty seems like something I'd be more interested in. half the price, for full coverage to 60k.
Check Flood Ford ESP online. It looks like you got ripped off at $2k- the most expensive plan Flood has is 8yrs/125k and it's still only $1,150. (Here in FL is different we cannot buy out of state ESP so we get gouged)

You can also get a 5yr/75k plan through Flood with $0 deductible for $540.

OP
OP
Brice80

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
Check Flood Ford ESP online. It looks like you got ripped off at $2k- the most expensive plan Flood has is 8yrs/125k and it's still only $1,150. (Here in FL is different we cannot buy out of state ESP so we get gouged)

You can also get a 5yr/75k plan through Flood with $0 deductible for $540.
Good god, that's insane. Yea Once I got home I started to think that it wasn't such a great deal I'm wondering if I could add one of those plans later down the line, say once i hit 15k miles, add an extended plan. Either way, I'm looking to get out of mine, and something like what you said, $540 for 75k miles would be perfect for me.
That's crazy though, mine was $2k and I have a $100 deductible for every visit.
Yea I just looked and in texas for 6yr/100k warranty its only $720 in texas. Is this the same sort of service? everything included, cause that's incredible and makes me want to really get rid of mine.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Your warranty seems like something I'd be more interested in. half the price, for full coverage to 60k.
There is only one point keeping the ESP in your case. If you sell it later private. As a trade-in a dealer won't care if you have ESP. Private sale - YES. The ESP can be transferred to the new owner.

Second. Check the online prices, print them out and ask your dealer to get down with the price on your ESP. Especially for the USA what you are paying is what I paid in Canada what is known to be in that price range. For the USA it's around $1,xxx for it....

Third. I wrote "if". Some dealers do not care if the car is tuned or changes are made. Someone wrote that his dealer "voided" the warranty on the brakes because he painted the calipers. (No idea if a dealer can do that. It's new for me too.)

OP
OP
Brice80

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
There is only one point keeping the ESP in your case. If you sell it later private. As a trade-in a dealer won't care if you have ESP. Private sale - YES. The ESP can be transferred to the new owner.

Second. Check the online prices, print them out and ask your dealer to get down with the price on your ESP. Especially for the USA what you are paying is what I paid in Canada what is known to be in that price range. For the USA it's around $1,xxx for it....

Third. I wrote "if". Some dealers do not care if the car is tuned or changes are made. Someone wrote that his dealer "voided" the warranty on the brakes because he painted the calipers. (No idea if a dealer can do that. It's new for me too.)
Yea I would most likely sell private, but as stated above I'd probably buy the lower 75k for $500 or so. and I could do that a little later on.

I know you wrote if, but in my original post that's why I was asking. I've already gone to 2 dealers around me, and they are even complaining about my catback, "well if our guys install it, it wont void warranty" and I'm just tired of dealing with the warranty nonsense after paying a $2k premium.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Good god, that's insane......
That's crazy though, mine was $2k and I have a $100 deductible for every visit.
Yea I just looked and in texas for 6yr/100k warranty its only $720 in texas. Is this the same sort of service? everything included, cause that's incredible and makes me want to really get rid of mine.
:thumbsup:

FORD ESP is always the same. *I wished I could get one in the USA for Canada but it isn't allowed for us in Canada. I had to pay for my 7/100,000 $2,400 and that was a good deal for the ESP on my 2015 F150 after my dealer bought my Mustang back. (issues+issues+issues)

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I'm just tired of dealing with the warranty nonsense after paying a $2k premium.
I hear you. That's why I won't touch my twin turbo 2.7 at all. I don't like to fight about "right and not right". I am waiting for the day FORD will void the warranty someone changes the tires..... :doh:

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Cancel it asap. Let me tell you, you paid for 6yr/100K mile warranty but in reality you are only getting 3yr/64K mile warranty for the $2K you paid. This is due to your existing Ford warranty with a coverage of 3yrs/ 36K mile warranty from manufacturer. And even tho you paid extra for warranty, the dealers will always wine and come out with excuses to deny you your coverage do to your mods. I went thru this BS back in '07 when I bought my F150. I got all the "extras" options/coverage and when the time came to use the warranty, they found every excuse to deny coverage. Long story short, it was a headache but they did pay for warranty work but refused to give me a rental car because I was under 21 therefore they could not rent me a car "legally" even tho it was in my coverage. So now 2015, I bought my GT with no extended BS and I'm happy this way. If anything happens I have my insurance that will cover it. Good Luck!
Sponsored