Canadian hockey advice wanted

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Sometime in the next few years I would like to start making trips to see Penguins games when they play at the Canadian teams, hopefully to eventually see games in all 7 cities.

It would be great if any experienced hockey fans could offer recommendations on things like don't park at the 5th and main garage, don't wear a Lemieux jersey in our arena, etc. I'm not the obnoxious dude who paints his face black and gold and screams every time the Pens score. I just want to go enjoy the game with my wife and get back to the hotel quick and safe. Thanks!
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Sometime in the next few years I would like to start making trips to see Penguins games when they play at the Canadian teams, hopefully to eventually see games in all 7 cities.

It would be great if any experienced hockey fans could offer recommendations on things like don't park at the 5th and main garage, don't wear a Lemieux jersey in our arena, etc. I'm not the obnoxious dude who paints his face black and gold and screams every time the Pens score. I just want to go enjoy the game with my wife and get back to the hotel quick and safe. Thanks!
It's Canada Mike so its a very safe place wherever you go. I live in Ottawa & the only fans who get grief are Toronto fans who often bus in and go the games hammered. They can be rather obnoxious. I grew up not far from Toronto and went to a few Leaf games as a kid but that was too many moons ago. So I'm not sure what it's like now.

Sounds like a great idea for a fan to do. Besides a lot of us here really like Pittsburgh as we do like Syd.

s550_from_NJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I bleed ORANGE.....so my advice is to wear your Cindy Crybaby jersey anywhere you want......except BROAD STREET!!!!!!!!

My buddy and I did this about 10 years ago...before marriage lol. Took our time and enjoyed it. We were gonna do it like the team does when they went out west but didn’t want to be traveling that quickly.

Very fun and I’m hoping my kids will enjoy hockey as much as I do so I can do it again with them.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You might want to consider visiting those cities in the summer. You would find them all to be very interesting places. They were not what I expected and I grew up in Sault Ste. Marie and worked for an Ottawa company for 5 years.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a great idea for a fan to do. Besides a lot of us here really like Pittsburgh as we do like Syd.
Thanks and sorry Murray isn't quite living up to the hype yet, hopefully he regains that 2016-17 form for you soon!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I bleed ORANGE.....so my advice is to wear your Cindy Crybaby jersey anywhere you want......except BROAD STREET!!!!!!!!

My buddy and I did this about 10 years ago...before marriage lol. Took our time and enjoyed it. We were gonna do it like the team does when they went out west but didn’t want to be traveling that quickly.

Very fun and I’m hoping my kids will enjoy hockey as much as I do so I can do it again with them.
Oh God, I should have known a Flyers goon would chime in LOL. Yeah when Sid was young he was the typical palms-up-whiny-face-superstar sometimes, but anyone who watches him today has to admit he's grown out of that. I will never forgive the Flyers for many things but by far the worst thing was beating us 76 straight times. As someone who lives the rivalry you can probably imagine how we felt when Mario hired Ron Freaking Hextall to be our GM! It's definitely a Flyers thing and not a Philly in general thing, my favorite NBA team is the Sixers. But I can respect how Flyers fans feel about the Pens, I would definitely never attend a game there in Pens gear.

Cool that you actually got to make the Canadian trips. Yeah hope your kids enjoy hockey someday, my son is 18 and we play Xbox hockey all the time. We pick 4 teams and have a mini Cup playoffs, then pick 4 more until we've used up all the teams. Since there are 31 teams and we need an even number to pick from, we have agreed that neither of us will ever be the Flyers!

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
LGP!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just to be safe wear a Ranger's jersey and speak Australian. Being a 'bloody Yank' (sorry, that would be Bri'ish turn of phrase) is likely a bigger problem than being a Penguins fan.

I don't know why but I'm a Penguins fan as well since Lemieux's salad days.

PS. Canadians are fine, emotionally 'stable' people. They'll tolerate pretty much anything.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Wildhorse to chime in about Murderpeg...

Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Skip going to Edmonton unless you want to get stabbed. Calgary is wonderful on the other hand.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

IamCDNJosh

Threads