Canadian DRL settings

Cor146

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Recently purchased a 2021 Mustang GT Convertible that originally came from Canada so due to their laws EVERY light on the outside of the car are on when put in drive; Tribar, headlights, marker lights, and taillights

I have gone through all the cluster and infotainment settings and you can not change this and went to a local Ford dealer yesterday and they connected their FDRS tech system to the car and did not find any settings that they could change.

I have downloaded ForScan and cable will be here tomorrow so figured I would post here and see if anyone else has figured the work around for this system setting, I do have two different versions of the S550 ForScan worksheet and see the different DRL settings but just doing some more research before the cable arrives.

I do alot of promotional partnerships with Morimoto and my business and they have discussed with me about a new S550 headlight design coming out this summer that they might send over so I am trying to get these settings changed in preparation for that

Here is a picture of "Silver" my new trusty steed

Thanks for any tips or insight on this topic

433039392_10168627049415595_1062635973040138353_n.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
The DRL laws here are only for the front lights. I know as I see a bunch of people driving with their back lights off every night. They see the dash lights on and some light in front but don't realize they need to put their FULL lighting system on to get the backs to light up.

If you're seeing the back lights on too, I'd look elsewhere besides the DRL setup.

EDIT - Looks like effective Sep '21 that the law does indeed require the backs as well.

Using your vehicle lights to see and be seen (canada.ca)

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Not sure but I think Forscan can do it. I have an ex-Canadian 22, they switched off the headlights as DRLs on import and left everything else on. I like it this way.

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
The DRL laws here are only for the front lights. I know as I see a bunch of people driving with their back lights off every night. They see the dash lights on and some light in front but don't realize they need to put their FULL lighting system on to get the backs to light up.

If you're seeing the back lights on too, I'd look elsewhere besides the DRL setup.

EDIT - Looks like effective Sep '21 that the law does indeed require the backs as well.

Using your vehicle lights to see and be seen (canada.ca)
Yeah apparently we have too many dumb asses that figure my dash lights are on so I am good. It's really getting to be an issue on the highways.

Kingballer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic Whipple GTPP (totaled), 22 Oxford GTPP
I have a ‘22 originally from Canada. I’d like to get the lights to behave like the US version. I’m positive it can be done with Forscan. I’m going to compare my build sheet to an American build sheet, using the info I found as a cross reference. Car is in storage, so I so won’t be able to try until end of April-May. Hope this info helps.

IMG_6193.jpeg

IMG_6194.jpeg

IMG_6195.jpeg

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Canada so due to their laws EVERY light on the outside of the car are on when put in drive; Tribar, headlights, marker lights, and taillights
News to me. Mine only have the tri-bars on. Delivered to Canada from flat rock where it currently resides.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
News to me. Mine only have the tri-bars on. Delivered to Canada from flat rock where it currently resides.
The 2018+ do the same but also have the main headlights on too. All other lights are off.

OP
OP
Cor146

Cor146

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
My OBD connector showed up today so logged into ForScan; changed about 3 different DRL settings and then also had to change headlight switch setting.

now everything works as it should normally, DRL is the tribar lights and nothing else and all the other lights operate as normal with the switch.

Now we have 12” of snow forecasted over the next couple days so car will stay in the garage…

Kingballer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic Whipple GTPP (totaled), 22 Oxford GTPP
Mine has all the light on all the time. I can cheat the headlight off by turning the switch to parking lights & clicking the fog lights on. However, tail lights & all the rest are still on. Headlights are dimmer during the day when on auto lights.

I also had to fix the digital dash/cruise control with Forscan. Adaptive cruise control was not working & dash showed MPH. Reset the build sheet, adaptive cruise control came back, but car was in KPH. Cross referenced my build sheet with American build sheet plus info I found on F150 forum solved that problem.

Car was built in Flat Rock, but titled new in Canada originally. Idk where or when the changes are made when crossing the border!?

OP
OP
Cor146

Cor146

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I don’t know either, think probably when they go through import

now I’m dealing with previous owners extended warranty never got canceled so my extended warranty didn’t get accepted

Sponsored

konadave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT
ya i got 2019 gt had my buddy at ford turn off main headlights that were drl.now just have the tri bars as drl
347618472_10168143185475372_4070627846126205429_n.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
ya i got 2019 gt had my buddy at ford turn off main headlights that were drl.now just have the tri bars as drl
love it !
my junk:
240673162_594840901931653_5623300782894015703_n.jpg

SiahG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Siah
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2019
My OBD connector showed up today so logged into ForScan; changed about 3 different DRL settings and then also had to change headlight switch setting.

now everything works as it should normally, DRL is the tribar lights and nothing else and all the other lights operate as normal with the switch.

Now we have 12” of snow forecasted over the next couple days so car will stay in the garage…
Ordering a forscan soon! do you mind sneding/posting the codes that you've changed aswell to leave only the tribar is drls? I traded in my american eco for a canadian GT and the always on headlights bothers me lol!
Sponsored