Sponsored

Can you really turn off Traction Control?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
if you’re talking about the red snap you see on many connectors, correct I don’t have it, looks like a different design to keep it together. Here’s a better photo

BA42C637-213E-4757-8998-7C47B64110F2.jpeg
Thank you :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yesterday I tested it in a gravel parking lot, ABS definatly works with the plug pulled. I went 40 mph and slammed on the brakes.
Dan - I know - you've confirmed and I was certain having had the plug out since April. No idea why he would claim otherwise in another thread, especially that testing this isn't particularly difficult.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When it snowed last year I did donuts no problem just holding till stability control was off...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dan - I know - you've confirmed and I was certain having had the plug out since April. No idea why he would claim otherwise in another thread, especially that testing this isn't particularly difficult.
If that’s aimed at me - I only ‘claimed’ otherwise as I had read it on here and I haven’t unplugged / tested it myself :like:

I will update the other thread to keep everyone happy :like:

WD :like:

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Gotta hold the button to turn off AdvanceTrac. Pressing the button turns off traction control but doesn't turn off stability control. There's also a plug by the airbox you can also unplug to turn off everything but I haven't seen a need.
When I turned off my TC completely (just using the button on the dash) I knew it was off. Taking off from a stop it smoked the rear tires and the car swayed a bit from left to right and back until the trans shifted to a higher gear and then it stopped slipping the rear tires. Of course it was horrible as the 0-60 time was a lousy 6.2 seconds due to not being in the right gear due to the slipping tires; once the tires regained traction, it was too low in rpm and had to downshift to get back into the power band. It would be like taking off in first and second on a manual, smoking the tires in both gears and then shifting to 4th and the tires regain traction but you're out of your power band so need to go back to 3rd. My A10 didn't understand what I was doing (me too :cool: ) so I confused it... With TC off but AdvanceTrac in Sport mode, everything accelerates at best without loss of traction (except for slight chirps at the beginning) and no fish-tailing of the rear resulting in sub-5 second 0-60 runs. Can't do 1/4 mile here; no track despite having a million people on the island yet Maui, Kauai and Big Island all have tracks with far far less people there. That's Honolulu for you.

Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
My manual shows this to be Connector C126. It looks like pulling the jumper plug somehow interrupts CAN communications from the under-dash Gateway Module. The only affected systems must be on that bus, and the car, lacking some data, disables them.

The ABS circuit can still operate, even though the CAN bus is disrupted. Most of the ABS information, including wheel speed sensors, are not even on the CAN bus, they go straight into the ABS module.

Maybe someone else can weigh in.

1643811285021.jpeg