Sponsored

Can you Make the GT500 Supercharger Whine louder ? ? ? ?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
When you guys say 50/50 chance an intake would void the warranty how could they tell it had one assuming you put the stock back on before warranty work?
technically, but no ford tech would ever be able to tell its ported, but pretty sure a tune is required.. so 50/50.. you wont get much louder without voiding it, except the 1320 WD152 intake, you should be able to hear the blower a bit more with that, i know i did

This is the response from the thread I referenced.

The only issue would be having to get a tune done. Apparently you don't need to get a tune so it looks like it won't void the warranty. I should edit my comment.
Sponsored

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I know that you can buy whine mods for other superchargers from Lethal Performance. It is called “Foster Supercharger Whine Mod”. I think there is also a singular guy behind the mod, and you might be able to reach out to him in order to see if he can make a kit for your GT500. It would probably void your warranty, but I’m not sure. From what I understand, the normal kit takes the sound tube and I believe then pipes in the sound.
To my knowledge, those kits are for cabin purposes! So the sound will be basically traveling thru the hose and routed to the cabin. Outside whine ? CAI or pulleys is where to go but you're gonna have to kiss your warranty goodbye lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
To my knowledge, those kits are for cabin purposes! So the sound will be basically traveling thru the hose and routed to the cabin. Outside whine ? CAI or pulleys is where to go but you're gonna have to kiss your warranty goodbye lol
Pulleys, yes. CAI, no. Where did you get that from? A CAI is nothing but a larger tube and a bigger filter.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Pulleys, yes. CAI, no. Where did you get that from? A CAI is nothing but a larger tube and a bigger filter.
I used to own a GT500 2014 and by removing the intake resonator the whine will increase to a noticeable level.
So basically the CAI will does the same.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I used to own a GT500 2014 and by removing the intake resonator the whine will increase to a noticeable level.
So basically the CAI will does the same.
I was referring to the warranty. AFAIK, a cold air doesn't void the warranty. The tune definitely will.

Sponsored

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I put a JLT on my car. Did nothing for sound but did pick up about 30RWHP but simply installing it.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Seems backward to me, but what do I know? Always baffled me. MAF should be the one that does not require a tune.
MAF's dont require a tune as such, but a re-calibration, which can only be done via a tune....confusing I know. MAF sensors are scaled for a certain intake diameter to deduce total airflow. Change the size of the pipe without changing the scaling, and you'll under or over fuel it. So in essence your not really tuning the MAF, just telling it the pipe is now 4" not 3", so 5volts is now 1000cfm instead of 900cfm for eg only (made up numbers). MAP obviously reads nil by airflow at all so it's a non-factor.

In saying that I have 'tuned' a MAF before when I installed a custom ecu and had no MAF data. Pain in the ass.
Sponsored