Sponsored

Can you guys give me advice, (kinda sad stuff cat headstone)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This isnt a pic of my current animal, but can you guys give me a opinion on this. as you guys know I had my cat pass on 4th of July and everything was closed for days, so I ended up burying him in my backyard. I worried about animals digging him up so I found large stones to cover his burial.

I cleaned up the area, de'weeded and laid down some thick layered rubber mulch to prevent weeds from taking over, im going to plant some more shrubbery around the area etc. trying to make it look nice. but I dont feel good about the 3 random stones so I decided to order a headstone in granite. to replace the rocks

here was the picture I gave them to see if they could pull him from. and this is what they sent me.

I wrote the words, I dont know his birth as I found him as a kitten, and I dont really want to put he died on 4th of July. so I figured 2015-2021 seemed appropriate.

do you think this looks nice?
I can step up the size to next step higher, debating on the size at moment. but would you change anything that sticks out that you may have a suggestion to change?

ALSO if anyone knows of this site or recommendations feel free to comment, https://www.plaquemaker.com I found it on google, but reviews seem good on the pages.

IMG_6687 Large.jpeg

IMG_6688 Large.jpeg

IMG_6721 Large.jpeg

IMG_3002.JPG

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 11.49.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 11.55.20 AM.png
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Sorry to hear you lost your pet. You may want to consider removing "to" but that's just my thought. I think that the layout looks very nice and I think the 12"x8" would be a nice size. You may want to ask if they can move the image up a bit and still have the words fall over it, as the layout as it is doesn't allow for any blank space along the bottom, which means a portion of the image (his paws) may be covered once it is on the ground.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! thats exactly the kind of advice im looking for. I agree, and by removing to it should open more space for image up too in theory If all else was same. I wrote that and they put it in, but im not the most savvy with these types of things.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is well thought out. They did a good job.

I agree on the paws comment. Don't want any of him to not be seen.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I submitted request, I will post a photo when I receive it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Opinions? I’m thinking of asking if the cloud and all the text can be shifted over just a hair left to give a little space between the end of the phrase and his body.

EB4E3AA4-7DA4-4DA8-90C4-617191540E1B.jpeg

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to ask if they can fill the blank space under him with more of the concrete from original photo. Anyone agree? His paw is now away from edge but now it looks like the full photo cuts off

Maybe I’m being too picky, but I assume they can continue the concrete downwards a little to the end.

Or does it look better cut off this way to you guys

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They redid it, but I dont know why, the image seems so much less contrast/duller. im going to ask them about what happened to that part, but I like this. posting both original and new one.

other than fact, its all faded out now.

Q94180n.jpg

Q94180new1.jpg

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
the lady said the first rendering, the development girl toned it all down on purpose, said the original draft she thinks could of become too washed out with the laser etching, she said dont worry, they do believe this new proof would be the best and they guarantee it will look good or they wont send it once its made.

seems like a great customer service. thanks to you guys I do like this version more, and the lady assured me if it doesnt look good, they will fix it. but they do believe it'll look great!

thanks all! I will post a little update photo once I get it. hopefully turns out the way I hope

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They asked me if this was good to me before they mailed it out, really good company service wise

504779F4-DB83-41AB-906A-50ABA393EF95.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’m content with it. Atleast it just isn’t 3 random stones piled up in my back area. I’m leaving the surrounding stones just for added protection from possible scavengers that unbury stuff.

I couldn’t get him as deep as I wanted as I hit like limestone or what not. So it was always a fear an animal would try to dig him up
BE3F0408-3998-4B36-8E64-24F18CF92980.jpeg

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What a very nice and thoughtful gesture for your little buddy. I imagine if he was still here he’d give you a high five for nailing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
thank you for those words, and thanks everyone else here for suggestions/comments. im happy with it. sucks it happened, but I wasn't happy with just 3 stones piled up how I had them. so this is a little more at ease on the mind.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Sorry for your loss. I had a Jack Russell for 17 years, he has been gone for 4 and I still miss him.

That is a fitting tribute for Cloud

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I like it.

Your fear of an animal digging up your cat is legitimate. I have several pets buried in the woods at the back of my property near a small stream. The coyotes are plentiful where I live, and about a year after I buried one of my cats I saw that one had dug her up, which pissed me off. Now it's cremation only and I scatter the remains in the area.
Sponsored