Sponsored

Can we get s 50th anniversary model subforum?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
No. Mechanically it is not just a PP GT. Do your research.
Please do tell - mechanically what is different? All the research I have done says they are the same - other than being able to get the PP with auto.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Please do tell - mechanically what is different? All the research I have done says they are the same - other than being able to get the PP with auto.

Go to LE production thread. It's all there.

This thread is for a request to forums owners.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Go to LE production thread. It's all there.

This thread is for a request to forums owners.
Right. Because threads never go a little off topic. Highlighting some of the differences of an LE vs GT PP in a thread that is trying to justify the need for a separate LE subforum seems like good idea to me.

Thanks for the tip though. I looked through the first couple of pages and didn't see anything; I'm not going to read 95 pages.

According to everything I've ever read on the LE it is same engine, tranny, brakes, differential, and, as far as I can tell, suspension. Mechanically the the same as GT PP. With the exception of being able to get an auto with PP.

Though, maybe our definition of what is considered 'mechanical' is different.

If anyone can be bothered to list what is mechanically different, my curiosity is definitely piqued.

Caballo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Right. Because threads never go a little off topic.

Thanks for the tip though. I looked through the first couple of pages and didn't see anything; I'm not going to read 95 pages.

According to everything I've ever read on the LE it is same engine, tranny, brakes, differential, and, as far as I can tell, suspension. Mechanically the the same as GT PP. With the exception of being able to get an auto with PP.

If anyone can be bothered to list what is mechanically different, my curiosity is definitely piqued.
I didn't see where it differed other than cosmetics. But whatever, I've gave my input..

Mustang 50 Years Limited Edition

From the sourcebook:
• Production limited to 1964 vehicles with each vehicle receiving a sequence number
• Automatic available with performance package
• 19" x 9" front and 19" x 9.5" rear machined aluminum wheels
• Bright beltline and window surround
• Bright taillamp surrounds
• Louvered rear quarter glass windows
• “50 Years” rear gas cap badge Is this different from the 50th package?
• “50 Years” floor mats
• 50 Years grille with Pony in corral
• “50 Years” aluminum door sill plates Is this different from the regular GT and/or the 50th package?
• Aluminum dash panel with unique “50 Years” badge with sequence number
• Cashmere color-accented seat inserts and contrast stitching
• Cashmere door panel inserts
• Exclusive paint colors
– Kona Blue
– Wimbledon White

On a side note please post pics of your car when it comes in. I keep going back and forth between white and silver with the PP and Redline. I plan on blacking out the roof on either with 3m matte black wrap. Just can't decide between the silver or white.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
On a side note please post pics of your car when it comes in. I keep going back and forth between white and silver with the PP and Redline. I plan on blacking out the roof on either with 3m matte black wrap. Just can't decide between the silver or white.
Will do, gonna have to wait couple months though. EDD is Jan. 15th at this point.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Right. Because threads never go a little off topic. Highlighting some of the differences of an LE vs GT PP in a thread that is trying to justify the need for a separate LE subforum seems like good idea to me.

Larger Front Sway Bar

Police pack rear brakes

Different Engine parameters with sources pointing to an increase in TQ and given an answer of "LE owners will be surprised on the Dyno."

You don't have time to read through and research a thread but you have time to write a "No it all" response. Once again please join the "Let's downplay the LE" Crowd sitting over there ----->and have a nice day!

Your response adds nothing to the conversation of the thread so please refrain from responding any further to alleviate any unnecessary conflict or further thread derailment which is a no no. Once again have a great day!

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Larger Front Sway Bar

Police pack rear brakes

Different Engine parameters with sources pointing to an increase in TQ and given an answer of "LE owners will be surprised on the Dyno."

You don't have time to read through and research a thread but you have time to write a "No it all" response. Once again please join the "Let's downplay the LE" Crowd sitting over there ----->and have a nice day!

Your response adds nothing to the conversation of the thread so please refrain from responding any further to alleviate any unnecessary conflict or further thread derailment which is a no no. Once again have a great day!
Give me a break. I was not downplaying anything or anyone.

My very first post I nicely asked what the mechanical differences were as everything I could find, pointed to them being the same.

Instead of simply stating what you did above, I was pointed to a 95 page thread - no, I don't have time to read all of that.

I did, however, do further google searches to try find the differences and still came up with nothing that noted any mechanical differences - including a press release from ford.

Upon finding nothing, I posted the response you quoted. If you think my response was a know it all one (the one where I suggested highlighting the differences might further the cause for getting a subforum, where I thanked him for the suggestion, and where I again ask if someone could call out the mechanical differences), well - I'm not sure what to say to that.

Thanks for pointing out the differences though. I do appreciate it. And you as well, have a great day!

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Give me a break. I was not downplaying anything or anyone.

My very first post I nicely asked what the mechanical differences were as everything I could find, pointed to them being the same.

Instead of simply stating what you did above, I was pointed to a 95 page thread - no, I don't have time to read all of that.

I did, however, do further google searches to try find the differences and still came up with nothing that noted any mechanical differences - including a press release from ford.

Upon finding nothing, I posted the response you quoted. If you think my response was a know it all one (the one where I suggested highlighting the differences might further the cause for getting a subforum, where I thanked him for the suggestion, and where I again ask if someone could call out the mechanical differences), well - I'm not sure what to say to that.

Thanks for pointing out the differences though. I do appreciate it. And you as well, have a great day!
[emoji86] [emoji87] [emoji85] .....[emoji129]

Hmm not sure if those emoji will show

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Larger Front Sway Bar

Police pack rear brakes

The only place I've heard anyone mention a "larger sway bar" "unique engine tuning" or "police pack rear brakes" is this forum I've delivered 6 of these cars to my customers and I have not noticed anything on these cars mechanically that make them different outside of the fact you can get a PP auto. I have sat them next to and driven back to back vs. a PP GT. I would love to be proven wrong unfortunatley I can't find any evidence of this on my own outside of this forum. They are unique (interior, quarter glass, wheels) they are numbered and I believe they will be collectible and worth something down the road. There are even things missing on this car or unavailable that are on the Premium GTs. notably adaptive cruise control and lighted door sill plates (what I've noticed so far).

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only place I've heard anyone mention a "larger sway bar" "unique engine tuning" or "police pack rear brakes" is this forum I've delivered 6 of these cars to my customers and I have not noticed anything on these cars mechanically that make them different outside of the fact you can get a PP auto. I have sat them next to and driven back to back vs. a PP GT. I would love to be proven wrong unfortunatley I can't find any evidence of this on my own outside of this forum. They are unique (interior, quarter glass, wheels) they are numbered and I believe they will be collectible and worth something down the road. There are even things missing on this car or unavailable that are on the Premium GTs. notably adaptive cruise control and lighted door sill plates (what I've noticed so far).

It's mostly paper trails. Etis equipment list differences. FRAP documents. Ford parts.com part numbers and names. Follow he paper trails which are the only facts we have. There are tons of rumors, some well founded some not but rumors don't prove anything.

None of this has anything to do with asking for a subforum, and, trithfully (this isn't directed at any person) I didn't ask opinions for it. I simply asked for one.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It's mostly paper trails. Etis equipment list differences. FRAP documents. Ford parts.com part numbers and names. Follow he paper trails which are the only facts we have. There are tons of rumors, some well founded some not but rumors don't prove anything.

None of this has anything to do with asking for a subforum, and, trithfully (this isn't directed at any person) I didn't ask opinions for it. I simply asked for one.
I'm not saying this to be flip, but if you don't want the discussions (and the tangents that naturally evolve from said discussions), opinions, and the other goings-on that occur daily in pretty much any thread, perhaps a pm to an Admin/mod would be a better way to accomplish your goal?

Not to mention that would ensure they actually get the suggestion, though since this thread was moved, the hopefully got it.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not saying this to be flip, but if you don't want the discussions (and the tangents that naturally evolve from said discussions), opinions, and the other goings-on that occur daily in pretty much any thread, perhaps a pm to an Admin/mod would be a better way to accomplish your goal?

Not to mention that would ensure they actually get the suggestion, though since this thread was moved, the hopefully got it.

You make valid point. I considered that, but I don't know who owns the forum and I am not sure a mod can. Can you point me in right direction to a super mod or owner?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I'll trust someone at flat rock contact over a dealer..sorry bub.

I called a dealer today about a LE they are receiving and he asked if I wanted it as an Ecoboost....

Moving on

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You make valid point. I considered that, but I don't know who owns the forum and I am not sure a mod can. Can you point me in right direction to a super mod or owner?
I don't know who has the power to make the decision and implement subforums.

But I would think a PM to Moderator would be the place to start. If he is not the person who can actually do something about it, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.
Sponsored