Sponsored

Can we calibrate our A10 GT's just like the new Mach 1?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Copy & paste all you want. If the MACH 1 has a higher stall lock up converter, your GT A10 will probably shift like garbage at best, or burn up your forward clutches at worse.
There's little to no reason for a road course focused car to have a higher rated stall converter. Also, the unit locks fully after 1st gear, so its rated stall value is just about meaningless in terms of tuning and shift quality in 2nd thru 10th.

It's probably a beefier unit with better clutches to survive the intended use of the car, but can't imagine its stall value is any higher.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
This is hopeful.

I thought the Gen3 FP tune was for the motor and nothing for the A10? What exactly is the felt difference on the A10 part of the tune? Faster shifts in sport? Felt shift in the downshift? Does the tune improve manual paddle performance of just full auto modes?
On the gen 3 fp tune I didn't get much on power but the transmission does shift smother and quicker in my opinion for whatever that's worth.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
There's little to no reason for a road course focused car to have a higher rated stall converter. Also, the unit locks fully after 1st gear, so its rated stall value is just about meaningless in terms of tuning and shift quality in 2nd thru 10th.

It's probably a beefier unit with better clutches to survive the intended use of the car, but can't imagine its stall value is any higher.
Also why I keep saying for missed the boat by not putting a dct in it! Road car = DCT. Wanna build a drag car put a th400, glide, or even a 6R80 in instead of the 10 speed LOL!!

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Also why I keep saying for missed the boat by not putting a dct in it! Road car = DCT.
They do have a DCT equipped road course car, it's a GT500. If they had put the same unit in the Mach the price would have ballooned up even more than the already astronomical and ridiculous price it has now. Ain't noone trying to pay $75k+ for 5.0 car no matter how many fancy parts it has.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
On the gen 3 fp tune I didn't get much on power but the transmission does shift smother and quicker in my opinion for whatever that's worth.
I guess what I'm trying to understand is if this tune only helps in auto mode? If you paddle it does not help?

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
They do have a DCT equipped road course car, it's a GT500. If they had put the same unit in the Mach the price would have ballooned up even more than the already astronomical and ridiculous price it has now. Ain't noone trying to pay $75k+ for 5.0 car no matter how many fancy parts it has.
So are you saying the GT500 and another Mustang cant share a common DCT?

Welp guess there should only be 1 V8 option then too? Cancel the rest of the trim levels?

The DCT is doable under 60k. Hell Id rather take a 300A package base car with a DCT than some pretty bits that dont do shit.

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
I guess what I'm trying to understand is if this tune only helps in auto mode? If you paddle it does not help?
EFI sent me a copy of the FP tune which I compared to a 2018 A10 car. Honestly, I cant see how it would make it shift much smoother or quicker or anything. If you have HP tuners I could easily share both files but looking over it it just seems like small tweaks that have been made, which could easily have been from other strategies anyways. I'm going to compare it to a 2019 A10 car as well but nothing stands out as "hey, that would make it quicker/smoother etc". Take it for what it's worth.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Using the paddles is still a computer controlled shift, and it uses many of the same shift parameters as the full auto mode. While the paddles themselves may not be any more "responsive" to the user inputs, the subsequent up and downshifts that happen are indeed affected by the tune and thus can be improved.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
EFI sent me a copy of the FP tune which I compared to a 2018 A10 car. Honestly, I cant see how it would make it shift much smoother or quicker or anything. If you have HP tuners I could easily share both files but looking over it it just seems like small tweaks that have been made, which could easily have been from other strategies anyways. I'm going to compare it to a 2019 A10 car as well but nothing stands out as "hey, that would make it quicker/smoother etc". Take it for what it's worth.
No it's not earth shattering updates, but the car does drive better and smoother. Could it be the KAM reset associated with the flash or the trans learning more of my driving style? Sure, but I can definitely say the "butt" feel of how the car drives for the past 500 miles with the tune is better than the first 600 miles without.

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
No it's not earth shattering updates, but the car does drive better and smoother. Could it be the KAM reset associated with the flash or the trans learning more of my driving style? Sure, but I can definitely say the "butt" feel of how the car drives for the past 500 miles with the tune is better than the first 600 miles without.
I believe you. When my A10 gets here (picking up this week), I will drive it a couple weeks, and then switch to the FP trans tune and see what I can "feel". It's entirely possible these small tweaks make a big difference. I'll report back. Thanks for sharing.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I believe you. When my A10 gets here (picking up this week), I will drive it a couple weeks, and then switch to the FP trans tune and see what I can "feel". It's entirely possible these small tweaks make a big difference. I'll report back. Thanks for sharing.
Also I'd be curious if you find any differences in the 18 vs 19/20 MY calibration? I only have my 2020 OEM tune to compare to, but wondering if Ford did any changes to the calibration after the first model year of the 10R80.

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Also I'd be curious if you find any differences in the 18 vs 19/20 MY calibration? I only have my 2020 OEM tune to compare to, but wondering if Ford did any changes to the calibration after the first model year of the 10R80.
If I come across any 19/20's or remember to check the repository later, I'll email them to you. I only have a couple 18's right now in my files.
Sponsored