Sponsored

Can we calibrate our A10 GT's just like the new Mach 1?

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
Hy everyone.
Since the new 2021 Mustang Mach 1 has got some new calibration for the automatic gear box, I wonder if
the GT'S can be upgraded with that. The possible caviat may be this: Ford claims the Mach 1 comes with an updated torque converter...
Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
This would be great! I can't help with an answer though - hopefully it's just a matter of time before this could happen...

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
So long as the logic and controller for the transmission calibration are the same, you could in theory copy the newer data into an older 10R80. It's not just as simple as copy and paste, but theoretically it could happen once enough of the calibration is available to aftermarket calibrators.

That said, I would not expect it right away. If they have changed the controllers or even the logic much, then it may not be 100% achievable.

OP
OP

v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
So long as the logic and controller for the transmission calibration are the same, you could in theory copy the newer data into an older 10R80. It's not just as simple as copy and paste, but theoretically it could happen once enough of the calibration is available to aftermarket calibrators.

That said, I would not expect it right away. If they have changed the controllers or even the logic much, then it may not be 100% achievable.
TKS A LOT FOR YOUR EXPLANATION.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Most likely the Mach 1 comes stock with the same 10R80 calibration as the Gen 3 Ford Performance tune. Although the different converter has some characteristics that can't be matched in a tune, the FP tune should be close if not identical to what the Mach calibration is.

It's not just as simple as copy and paste, but theoretically it could happen once enough of the calibration is available to aftermarket calibrators.
It really is as simple as copy and paste. If you have a proper tuning suite, HP Tuners for example, you can find a friend with the Mach 1, download their tune then copy any changes onto your own tune that you can then flash to the GT.

Sponsored

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
Most likely the Mach 1 comes stock with the same 10R80 calibration as the Gen 3 Ford Performance tune. Although the different converter has some characteristics that can't be matched in a tune, the FP tune should be close if not identical to what the Mach calibration is.

It really is as simple as copy and paste. If you have a proper tuning suite, HP Tuners for example, you can find a friend with the Mach 1, download their tune then copy any changes onto your own tune that you can then flash to the GT.
Yes, for the things that you can edit. I use HP Tuners and Advantage to tune daily. Even though they both have hundreds, if not thousands of parameters in the tune that calibrators can mess with, this isn't all of them, and sometimes that's important.

Yes for the things we can see, it can be as simple as creating a template, value file, or copy and paste, but for the things not yet exposed, it can cause issues with the completeness of the calibration.

Once we start seeing reads on these Mach 1's, then we can tell you if there is any chance of this happening, or even getting close.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange

This is hopeful.

I thought the Gen3 FP tune was for the motor and nothing for the A10? What exactly is the felt difference on the A10 part of the tune? Faster shifts in sport? Felt shift in the downshift? Does the tune improve manual paddle performance of just full auto modes?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I thought the Gen3 FP tune was for the motor and nothing for the A10? What exactly is the felt difference on the A10 part of the tune? Faster shifts in sport? Felt shift in the downshift? Does the tune improve manual paddle performance of just full auto modes?
I would say it's actually quite the opposite, there's more noticeable changes to the transmission than the engine. The tune only really adds a bit of timing to the base tables and that's about as far as it goes on the engine side. The previous FP tunes (Gen 2 PP2 for example) had more to it like cam timing, shift RPM etc.

There's alot of changes in to shift timing, pressure and torque converter. Can't really say the paddle shifter function is any faster, but the shifts (both up and down) seem to be crisper and smoother with less jerking as stock.

Most people feel a bit underwhelmed with the power gain but say that they way it drives and shifts is much improved.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
That is interesting. I have no problem with my A10 shift but it only sees the track. My real complaint is the downshifts are too smooth I can feel them nor hear them. Sometimes I paddle down and the car does not shift. Most of the time it does. I think the no down shift is me downshifting too early into the brake zone and the tranny will not downshfit over a certain RPM.

I wish the A10 would jerk a bit on downshift so I know it shifted but not upset the car.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Copy & paste all you want. If the MACH 1 has a higher stall lock up converter, your GT A10 will probably shift like garbage at best, or burn up your forward clutches at worse.

Sponsored

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
That is interesting. I have no problem with my A10 shift but it only sees the track. My real complaint is the downshifts are too smooth I can feel them nor hear them. Sometimes I paddle down and the car does not shift. Most of the time it does. I think the no down shift is me downshifting too early into the brake zone and the tranny will not downshfit over a certain RPM.

I wish the A10 would jerk a bit on downshift so I know it shifted but not upset the car.
I got the Gen3 FP tune specifically for improving the A10. Didn't like the factory tune and especially the lack of downshift. The FP tune is much better. In Normal nothing really changes but when you start driving in Sport+, and Track it comes alive. The downshifts or more prompt and crisp, not as good as the A6 is, but closer. As far as the increased HP from the tune you don't notice it that much, but you do notice more torque in the low-revs.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Copy & paste all you want. If the MACH 1 has a higher stall lock up converter, your GT A10 will probably shift like garbage at best, or burn up your forward clutches at worse.
Butthole theory? Where in the world do you come up with this says who?

Sounds like you pulled it from your.........

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2

Sounds like you pulled it from your.........
I haven't been on the forum for that long but I have found WildHorse to be very interesting. I think he truly gestalts. Sees the whole with minimal info.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
IF there's a different torque converter in the MACH 1, be the guinea pig and find out with your A10 Mustang.. if you have one.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
IF there's a different torque converter in the MACH 1, be the guinea pig and find out with your A10 Mustang.. if you have one.
Why there are aftermarket options........
Sponsored