Sponsored

Can we calibrate our A10 GT's just like the new Mach 1?

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
Do you guys know if the trans learning your style rest if the battery is dosconnected or do you have to say go into the obd2 and reset with your obd tool?

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It will do it with battery disconnected for 30 minutes
I apologize if this is a dumb question but can you disconnect one of the cables only or do they both need to be disconnected for 30 minutes to get the trans to reset the learning process?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize if this is a dumb question but can you disconnect one of the cables only or do they both need to be disconnected for 30 minutes to get the trans to reset the learning process?
Disconnect the negative.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Most likely the Mach 1 comes stock with the same 10R80 calibration as the Gen 3 Ford Performance tune. Although the different converter has some characteristics that can't be matched in a tune, the FP tune should be close if not identical to what the Mach calibration is.

It really is as simple as copy and paste. If you have a proper tuning suite, HP Tuners for example, you can find a friend with the Mach 1, download their tune then copy any changes onto your own tune that you can then flash to the GT.
Or just take your MPVI2 with you on a test drive and read/save the tune.....haha....

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I will drive it a couple weeks, and then switch to the FP trans tune and see what I can "feel". It's entirely possible these small tweaks make a big difference
From what I can tell when comparing factory performance tunes, FRPP, Roush ect.. the changes that make the most difference are in tables we cannot see.

Would be nice to have access to all.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Or just take your MPVI2 with you on a test drive and read/save the tune.
I wish it had the capability of reading and saving the tune to itself. Maybe the RTD will.

Sponsored

50BMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020GT A10 PP1, SPF AC Cobra, Fusion Sport, Ram 4X
From what I can tell when comparing factory performance tunes, FRPP, Roush ect.. the changes that make the most difference are in tables we cannot see.

Would be nice to have access to all.
Excuse the stoopid question here...
I have a 2020 PP1 car... Where would I get the A10 tune upgrade done? Or, do I buy the OBD port tool, download the software off the net and install it myself?
Some people mention they like the Roush A10 tune. Jack's office/factory is just a few miles from me. If I pull up in my car can they install it for me?

Overall I like the way my car shifts by itself (BUT, every once in a while I get a "studder" under WOT going into 3rd gear. It's been cold here in MI when I've noticed this, so I'm hoping it's the summer tires losing gription a little bit???).
I would like the paddle actuated shifts (up and down) to be a bit more aggressive (especially in Sport mode) if possible...

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
Excuse the stoopid question here...
I have a 2020 PP1 car... Where would I get the A10 tune upgrade done? Or, do I buy the OBD port tool, download the software off the net and install it myself?
Some people mention they like the Roush A10 tune. Jack's office/factory is just a few miles from me. If I pull up in my car can they install it for me?

Overall I like the way my car shifts by itself (BUT, every once in a while I get a "studder" under WOT going into 3rd gear. It's been cold here in MI when I've noticed this, so I'm hoping it's the summer tires losing gription a little bit???).
I would like the paddle actuated shifts (up and down) to be a bit more aggressive (especially in Sport mode) if possible...
I would say no, you do not "buy the OBD port tool, download the software off the net and install it myself?" You would want to get with an experienced calibrator that can properly copy the write data over and install. It's not a likely road for most to go down.

If you are interested in the Roush tune, you may want to contact that nearby office and see if they offer that service.

All in all, you can get different "custom tunes" from various vendors out there with different ways of flashing the tune on the vehicle. I'm a custom tuner and own my own shop/business. I of course have my own tunes for all my vehicles and customers. You can PM me if you have other questions.
Sponsored