Can the horn be reduced in sound?

Cdshivers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium Performance Pkg
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I did some searching on these forums and wasn't able to find an answer to my question. Is it possible to reduce how loud the double horn sound we get when closing any door while the car is running? It's just so freaking loud and kinda ruins the whole attempt at being quiet in the mornings. The double horn tap is fine, but I would rather it was half the noise.

Any suggestions or fixes?
Thanks!
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's way easier to turn off the double honk when the car is running with Forscan.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
That double honk was the first thing to go, along with setting it to require a double click for the panic button on the FOB.

There is quite a bit of info on the forum about it. Basically you buy the correct type of OBD-II gizmo and download the FORScan software which allows you to change the AS-BUILT codes (used by the manufacturer to enable optional hardware and to set the car's behavior to comply with regulations in different markets).

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Just leave the key in the car. Or the ForScan option works as well. ForScan is a software to modify the car configuration. Th software itself is available for free, but you need a OBDII dongle.

OP
OP
Cdshivers

Cdshivers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium Performance Pkg
Vehicle Showcase
That double honk was the first thing to go, along with setting it to require a double click for the panic button on the FOB.

There is quite a bit of info on the forum about it. Basically you buy the correct type of OBD-II gizmo and download the FORScan software which allows you to change the AS-BUILT codes (used by the manufacturer to enable optional hardware and to set the car's behavior to comply with regulations in different markets).
Ok, I see... yeah, I definitely need to look into this... I have my SCT tuner for my mustang, will that be able to handle the download?

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
As others said... just disable it using FORSCAN.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Ok, I see... yeah, I definitely need to look into this... I have my SCT tuner for my mustang, will that be able to handle the download?
Your tuner would have to be capable of writing info to the AS-BUILT data blocks. If it can do this then it should work.

There are several OBD tools that are capable of sending commands to the car modules and the FORScan folks have already figured out which commands to send. The hardware I use is the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner, available in lots of places. It is about $100. There are probably cheaper options available. A trial license for FORScan is currently free.
Sponsored