Sponsored

can the built in maps be updated via wifi?

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I have connected my Sync 3 to my phone's hotspot and checked for updates, nothing found. Can you update the built in maps the same way as well?
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Here in the U.S., they will update via wifi if there is one available and if you have free updates available. Sometimes it can take a while for them to connect and begin the download, so I tend to park where it can access my home internet.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Here in the U.S., they will update via wifi if there is one available and if you have free updates available. Sometimes it can take a while for them to connect and begin the download, so I tend to park where it can access my home internet.
Is there anywhere in particular in the menus that you go to initiate the update or it happens automatically?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Make sure you set your car up to connect to your wifi. You can then initiate by navigating to Sync settings,> software> and check for updates. It will often take about 15 minutes or so for it start updating if there is one available. I can't say that Ford has the service in Dubai.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
In Australia, the maps never update over wifi, only the Sync software. We have to go to the dealer here to get any map updates even though they are free for the first 5 years.

Sponsored