Sponsored

Can someone please help I fishtailed and hit a curb I have questions

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just for your benefit . . . I don't ever drive much past about half this hard on the street in terms of g's, and I did make a small mistake here. Bet you can't spot it, though.

The embedded picture is a screenshot snapped from the video of a later session and shows the tire tracks I made.

Norm
Ah, the good ole solid rear axle. Can't beat the feeling of hitting a bump with one rear wheel and as a result upsetting the other and causing a loss of traction in both...
Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
did it happen leaving cars & coffee?

Fenrir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Your Apex was too wide on that right hand turn and you try to correct yourself by oversteering which caused a lack of traction and you lost control
I noticed he did that a few times as habit. Easy mistake to make if you're not used to that type of driving or the course though. I would have modulated the speed and gearing a bit if that were the case though. Adrenaline and wanting to keep up with the pack causes us to do strange things though - especially when we're already uncomfortable. Then there are times when you get too comfortable and become reckless. (curbs). Also, props for the C7 Z... 06 I think that badge says? Makes me miss my Chevy. lol.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
I noticed he did that a few times as habit. Easy mistake to make if you're not used to that type of driving or the course though. I would have modulated the speed and gearing a bit if that were the case though. Adrenaline and wanting to keep up with the pack causes us to do strange things though - especially when we're already uncomfortable. Then there are times when you get too comfortable and become reckless. (curbs). Also, props for the C7 Z... 06 I think that badge says? Makes me miss my Chevy. lol.
A little more time on this site and you will get to know norm and his wealth of knowledge. He's no beginner to road racing or anything mustang. :wink:

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Didn’t read 5pages but unless you put it up on a lift and go through it or have someone who does, it’s all speculation. In my youth I did something similar in my mustang, brand new NEW Edge GT. And all that it happened to be was a knocked out alignment. So I got lucky, better to go through everything for peace of mind.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Your Apex was too wide on that right hand turn and you try to correct yourself by oversteering which caused a lack of traction and you lost control
Wide at the apex was at least partly a consequence of turning in a little too early. Of course, I compounded the little error with a somewhat bigger error in not just riding the 2-off out until I could get all four back on. Lesson hammered home, I think.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I usually do a better job through NJMP Thunderbolt T7. Peak lat-g was 1.30 a few frames earlier.

NJMP Thunderbolt T7.jpg

Some curbings don't upset my S197 much at all. Others I'll leave myself a little margin on. T10 (the low speed "patience turn" in particular, because running the left side tires up on it throws the right side tires way too far into positive camber relative to the pavement for no real lap time benefit.

Norm

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Well I got carried away messing around and I fishtailed and my front wheel driver side at the curb looks like my rear driver side wheel also hit the curb I was able to recover and that totally spaced out but now I notice my steering wheel is misaligned and almost 45° towards the left do you guys think I broke something or been something When looking around the vehicle all you see are curb rash is on the front wheel and the rear wheel no scuff marks on the bumpers no inner fender is broken when driving around it wants to drive straight but starts to lean leftTire pressure is staying good and some slight wobbly and a wobble noise at slow speed’s
image.jpg
image.jpg
Did you turn off the crowd sensor?

Jokes aside these cars are tough I've hit a bunch of curbs. More than likely you bent your tie rods. And your control arms.

Bring it to a dealer or alignment shop. They'll diagnose it then just buy the parts and fix it yourself. Or have them fix it. Donot drive in case you broke a ball joint that can cause your wheel to fall off...

Don't beat yourself up too much it's just a car parts can be upgraded, you not so much...

Build it, rip it, break it, fix it... Its all good bro

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
By the way to all the "oMGaWD wHy ArE Pp wHeEls So HeAvY!?!?" People... And "the 3800lbs!!! Omg people"

This... This is why....

The Fuckers are tough and not everyone is Lewis Hamilton... Unless you fuck up really really bad the s550 will take u home...

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I no lift shifted and hit a curb going 50, then I hit a pole, then that pole fell on my car. Thats how I got my mustang lol. Keep stability control on it doesnt kick in too soon on these mustangs its great. Also dont even try to do shit in the wet or super cold. I did this in 90* dry conditions. I leave TCS and advancetrac on when its wet, and I now NEVER disable advancetrac.

XjdjD1u.jpg

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Y’all making me nervous..... I didn’t think it sound that bad where I’d have to claim to my insurance to fix this? I’m going to take it to Alignment shop today and see what they got to say. Thanks everyone, F the wheel, I just want my steering wheel straight and was hoping for just an alignment I care less what the rim looks like
I broke a PP wheel thanks to an idiot who literally ran me off the road... Cost me almost 3000.00

New wheel, new tire, new control arms...
These cars aren't Honda civics... You play hard you pay hard too.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Hey NOW don’t let that cup of joe get you all hyped up at ur desk sir! Take it easy you sound like u need emotional counseling bro.
Entitlement at its finest...
Sponsored