Sponsored

Can someone please help I fishtailed and hit a curb I have questions

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Makes a huge difference my guys competed a large Landscape job the other day and she said she went with us because of the sheer number of 5 star reviews but it wasn't the only factor. Also I agree there are many companies who take advantage of the review system and have friends or family make up good reviews. It's frustrating for sure
I no lift shifted and hit a curb going 50, then I hit a pole, then that pole fell on my car. Thats how I got my mustang lol. Keep stability control on it doesnt kick in too soon on these mustangs its great. Also dont even try to do shit in the wet or super cold. I did this in 90* dry conditions. I leave TCS and advancetrac on when its wet, and I now NEVER disable advancetrac.

XjdjD1u.jpg

Glad you survived that. Hopefully you avoided getting permanent injuries.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Glad you survived that. Hopefully you avoided getting permanent injuries.
I got very lucky, I credit my seat being adjusted properly so I could brace with my legs and arms, my left wrist was sore my right arm was burned from the airbag but I was very lucky overall.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Did you turn off the crowd sensor?

Jokes aside these cars are tough I've hit a bunch of curbs. More than likely you bent your tie rods. And your control arms.

Bring it to a dealer or alignment shop. They'll diagnose it then just buy the parts and fix it yourself. Or have them fix it. Donot drive in case you broke a ball joint that can cause your wheel to fall off...

Don't beat yourself up too much it's just a car parts can be upgraded, you not so much...

Build it, rip it, break it, fix it... Its all good bro
Good point on ball joint. Just a couple days ago leaving work the car in front of me had his break and he spun out and went ass end in to a cement divider. But I'm sure OP alignment shop got everything squared away.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Good point on ball joint. Just a couple days ago leaving work the car in front of me had his break and he spun out and went ass end in to a cement divider. But I'm sure OP alignment shop got everything squared away.
Yeah I should have read the thread didn't realize op was an entitled douche...

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Yeah I should have read the thread didn't realize op was an entitled douche...
It cost this douche $89.00 for a front end alignment and the wheel bearing “should” be replaced additional $249.00.... NOTHING is bent not even the rim just scraped to all heck.....man let me go be a douche in my C7 Z06 to cope with my emotional stress .... I love mustangs but some of you Ford guys I tell ya man.

Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Everyone on her trippin!!! Damn that’s gonna be $$$$$, bent this bent that. My Local shop did a front end alignment and call it a day. Fine! Some ppl take the smallest thing to a worse care scenario. Someone even said the damn k member could be off....lol. The rim is ugly yes, but I don’t give a shit about that I’ll touch it up. Car drives fine and it’s just a car.
You can align a car with a bent tie rod or just about any damage so it goes straight down the road and the wheel is pointed straight. The reason adjustment even exists is so that you can compensate for bent or worn parts.

But you don't know what you don't know. That's a lot of wheel rash, and from a sideways impact, not curb rub. Cracked your rim? Who knows, certainly not you. Strut going to leak out, tires going to wear on one side in the future? Maybe.

Get your alignment sheet, probably bullshit anyway from "Alignments R Us" and post it. Then get a second opinion, you don't have to actually do any more repairs, just get it on a lift and look again, and compare to the non damaged side.

Some in here (including me) have bent and broken everything that *can* be bent and broken. We've all been there. Nobody is trying to blow smoke up your ass.

Good luck.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You can align a car with a bent tie rod or just about any damage so it goes straight down the road and the wheel is pointed straight. The reason adjustment even exists is so that you can compensate for bent or worn parts.

But you don't know what you don't know. That's a lot of wheel rash, and from a sideways impact, not curb rub. Cracked your rim? Who knows, certainly not you. Strut going to leak out, tires going to wear on one side in the future? Maybe.

Get your alignment sheet, probably bullshit anyway from "Alignments R Us" and post it. Then get a second opinion, you don't have to actually do any more repairs, just get it on a lift and look again, and compare to the non damaged side.

Some in here (including me) have bent and broken everything that *can* be bent and broken. We've all been there. Nobody is trying to blow smoke up your ass.

Good luck.
Just FYI, you responded to an almost two year old post by a member who last posted almost a year and a half ago! :like: :giggle:
Sponsored