Sponsored

Can someone please help I fishtailed and hit a curb I have questions

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
man....shut the f up dumbass...”Red Foreman”
Hey OP remind us which dumbass smashed a curb then asked for help? Then got upset when people outlined the proper procedure to check for suspension damage? Just bc your alignment shop straightened your mess out doesn't mean it's properly fixed. Then again who needs proper suspension geometry on a performance car yeah?
Sponsored

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
Hey OP remind us which dumbass smashed a curb then asked for help? Then got upset when people outlined the proper procedure to check for suspension damage? Just bc your alignment shop straightened your mess out doesn't mean it's properly fixed. Then again who needs proper suspension geometry on a performance car yeah?
Exactly. OP needs to spend his money on a driving school instead of more cars.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Hey NOW don’t let that cup of joe get you all hyped up at ur desk sir! Take it easy you sound like u need emotional counseling bro.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Exactly. OP needs to spend his money on a driving school instead of more cars.
You’re telling me a professional driver has never lost control of a fishtail but recovered? Maybe you’re not driving the car and babying it.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Everyone on her trippin!!! Damn that’s gonna be $$$$$, bent this bent that. My Local shop did a front end alignment and call it a day. Fine! Some ppl take the smallest thing to a worse care scenario. Someone even said the damn k member could be off....lol. The rim is ugly yes, but I don’t give a shit about that I’ll touch it up. Car drives fine and it’s just a car.
Hey NOW don’t let that cup of joe get you all hyped up at ur desk sir! Take it easy you sound like u need emotional counseling bro.
I'll have you know I'm already on my third cup of coffee, but the first quote makes it clear who might be in need of counseling, bro.
Stay salty! your doing terrific!

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Everyone on her trippin!!! Damn that’s gonna be $$$$$, bent this bent that. My Local shop did a front end alignment and call it a day. Fine! Some ppl take the smallest thing to a worse care scenario. Someone even said the damn k member could be off....lol. The rim is ugly yes, but I don’t give a shit about that I’ll touch it up. Car drives fine and it’s just a car.
A steering wheel that's suddenly that far out of center means that something either bent (like the steering arm part of the knuckle) or slipped (the K-member). Being able to bring the alignment back within tolerance and the steering wheel closer to straight still doesn't mean that everything is back to being right. Drivable? Sure. Back to original condition? Not likely.

Truth be told, I wouldn't trust an alignment done with one or more wheels that may well be bent. Not for anything more than making the car sort of drivable. At least jack up the driver side front and spin the wheel by hand and watch for any wobble.

Post the alignment sheet with both the 'before' and 'after' data.

I get that you're pissed about what happened. But don't take your frustration out on those who responded to your open-ended question as to what might have happened, because that's within what you asked for.

Off topic a bit . . . consider what you got yourself into here as an object lesson about limiting your hooning around to what your car control skill set can actually support. Don't waste any electrons flaming me over that, because about 50 years ago I managed to do something very, very similar. You can learn something here the first time, or you can hope you learn from doing this a second time. Your choice.

Norm

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I'll have you know I'm already on my third cup of coffee, but the first quote makes it clear who might be in need of counseling, bro.
Stay salty! your doing terrific!
Haha yes, I am doing terrific. I’m sorry

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
A steering wheel that's suddenly that far out of center means that something either bent (like the steering arm part of the knuckle) or slipped (the K-member). Being able to bring the alignment back within tolerance and the steering wheel closer to straight still doesn't mean that everything is back to being right. Drivable? Sure. Back to original condition? Not likely.

Truth be told, I wouldn't trust an alignment done with one or more wheels that may well be bent. Not for anything more than making the car sort of drivable. At least jack up the driver side front and spin the wheel by hand and watch for any wobble.

Post the alignment sheet with both the 'before' and 'after' data.

I get that you're pissed about what happened. But don't take your frustration out on those who responded to your open-ended question as to what might have happened, because that's within what you asked for.

Off topic a bit . . . consider what you got yourself into here as an object lesson about limiting your hooning around to what your car control skill set can actually support. Don't waste any electrons flaming me over that, because about 50 years ago I managed to do something very, very similar. You can learn something here the first time, or you can hope you learn from doing this a second time. Your choice.

Norm
Understood and I respect that thanks

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You’re telling me a professional driver has never lost control of a fishtail but recovered?
I dare suggest that pro drivers own up to their screw-ups and don't whine about any necessary repairs. I'm nowhere near 'professional driver' but I wouldn't be biting the hands of those who would attempt to help me diagnose a situation that I caused all by myself.

Maybe you’re not driving the car and babying it.
Just for your benefit . . . I don't ever drive much past about half this hard on the street in terms of g's, and I did make a small mistake here. Bet you can't spot it, though.

The embedded picture is a screenshot snapped from the video of a later session and shows the tire tracks I made.

Norm

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I dare suggest that pro drivers own up to their screw-ups and don't whine about any necessary repairs. I'm nowhere near 'professional driver' but I wouldn't be biting the hands of those who would attempt to help me diagnose a situation that I caused all by myself.
You apexed too wide on that right hand turn and you try to correct yourself by oversteering and lost control

Just for your benefit . . . I don't ever drive much past about half this hard on the street in terms of g's, and I did make a small mistake here. Bet you can't spot it, though.

The embedded picture is a screenshot snapped from the video of a later session and shows the tire tracks I made.

Norm

Sponsored
OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Your Apex was too wide on that right hand turn and you try to correct yourself by oversteering which caused a lack of traction and you lost control

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Norm
Any way to know which one or how to verify this as my service department claim nothing wrong with my suspension. But not sure about the steering. Car is drivable and the sound in the back is what worries me (start at 20 km/h and is always there) hope it's a tire not balanced making the sound but not 100% sure.
Sponsored