Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
D8264EA4-91E7-4C6A-80C3-23F68EAE22BC.jpeg
E226BC1F-5644-4760-894C-235DE1546244.jpeg
going to an alignment shop Tom to see what they say as they do free estimates. Then if I must, I’ll take it to the dealership and get raped
If you ask nice enough they’ll use some lube lol! But it cost extra:cwl:
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
During practice at the Old Tijuana Airport races I was under-and-over-and-under-steering around a left turn, and caught the inside of the left front wheel on a straw bale course-delineation marker. See it at about 2:38-2:44 and numerous subsequent intervals in this 8mm film of laps there. Got on the straightaway and found the steering wheel ninety degrees off standard orientation. Car ran fine, didn't pull one way or another, brakes and steering responded as usual. Ran the races with no undue consequences.

In those days (early 1970s) one of the techniques for avoiding steering-wheel chest-crush effects was to make part of the collapsible column out of an expanded-metal tube. In my case the tube twisted without collapsing, and the car went fine for the rest of the time I had it. Don't know what today's equivalent would be, but my solution then was to remove the steering wheel and put it back on straight.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Any idea how much cost I’m looking at worst case at a dealer?
This doesn't help you, but between your situation and the surface rust in the pictures, all remind me while I leave my Mustang parked in the wet.
The GT is my get down and dirty car... here’s real stuck up one...
DF600D97-A112-45CB-B6F4-AE5DEC221B49.jpeg

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Any idea how much cost I’m looking at worst case at a dealer?
I had a strut replaced and alignment done at a Ford dealership and if I remember correctly it was around $500 total.
Of course this doesn’t count the wheel and any other parts that you may or may not need.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Man I hate to see that. That would really upset me because even after repaired my OCD mind would keep going back to "does this look right or how do the gaps look and do they measure consistently across the board".

If it were me I would take it to your local Ford dealer or find the best Ford dealership in your region when looking at google reviews. Reason I say this is because as a Ford mechanic he's likely to know the way the car should look underneath because he sees them say in and day out. That's not to say guys at an alignment shop or any other non Ford dealer won't know the same things it's just I think it's most likely the dealership mechanics will know more about your specific car but that's just my $.02 not looking to start a debate.

Again sorry for you. Hope you get it fixed correctly. I will keep this in mind next time I'm buffing off dust that bugs me to think at least I don't have your issues.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got carried away messing around and I fishtailed and my front wheel driver side at the curb looks like my rear driver side wheel also hit the curb I was able to recover and that totally spaced out but now I notice my steering wheel is misaligned and almost 45° towards the left do you guys think I broke something or been something When looking around the vehicle all you see are curb rash is on the front wheel and the rear wheel no scuff marks on the bumpers no inner fender is broken when driving around it wants to drive straight but starts to lean leftTire pressure is staying good and some slight wobbly and a wobble noise at slow speed’s
image.jpg
image.jpg
Been there done that hit a curb with 80 km/h (49 mph) for me was just an alignment but I need 2 new wheels just like you. Also the wobbly and wobble noise according to my ford dealer is tires/wheels that are bend which make sense so once I get the new wheels and tires for spring season I will know for sure but 3 shops looked at the car and said there was nothing wrong with suspension.

However looking into your photos you probably have something bent so take it to a dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Y’all making me nervous..... I didn’t think it sound that bad where I’d have to claim to my insurance to fix this? I’m going to take it to Alignment shop today and see what they got to say. Thanks everyone, F the wheel, I just want my steering wheel straight and was hoping for just an alignment I care less what the rim looks like

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Y’all making me nervous..... I didn’t think it sound that bad where I’d have to claim to my insurance to fix this? I’m going to take it to Alignment shop today and see what they got to say. Thanks everyone, F the wheel, I just want my steering wheel straight and was hoping for just an alignment I care less what the rim looks like
I would take it to an alignment shop and have them do the repairs (other than wheels). If you use a dealer or insurance company the Carfax will indicate a repair for a crash. Between the insurance deductible, possible higher rates, diminished value from the Carfax, dealer prices for parts, etc.. better off using an alignment shop that won't report it do the repairs. As others mentioned, you can find used, even like new, wheels for sale cheap.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would take it to an alignment shop and have them do the repairs (other than wheels). If you use a dealer or insurance company the Carfax will indicate a repair for a crash. Between the insurance deductible, possible higher rates, diminished value from the Carfax, dealer prices for parts, etc.. better off using an alignment shop that won't report it do the repairs. As others mentioned, you can find used, even like new, wheels for sale cheap.

Agree. I would not do an Insurance claim, that will only raise your rates and do exactly as Hoosier noted.

Take it to an alignment shop and tell them what happened. Ask them to check over both the front and rear suspension. Ask them to throw both wheels from that side of the car onto a balancer, because if the rims are bent, it’s definitely going to be visible when they activate the balancer. Let them tell you what they find and go from that point.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Well I got carried away messing around and I fishtailed and my front wheel driver side at the curb looks like my rear driver side wheel also hit the curb I was able to recover and that totally spaced out but now I notice my steering wheel is misaligned and almost 45° towards the left do you guys think I broke something or been something When looking around the vehicle all you see are curb rash is on the front wheel and the rear wheel no scuff marks on the bumpers no inner fender is broken when driving around it wants to drive straight but starts to lean leftTire pressure is staying good and some slight wobbly and a wobble noise at slow speed’s
image.jpg
image.jpg
Man I hate to see that. That would really upset me because even after repaired my OCD mind would keep going back to "does this look right or how do the gaps look and do they measure consistently across the board".

If it were me I would take it to your local Ford dealer or find the best Ford dealership in your region when looking at google reviews. Reason I say this is because as a Ford mechanic he's likely to know the way the car should look underneath because he sees them say in and day out. That's not to say guys at an alignment shop or any other non Ford dealer won't know the same things it's just I think it's most likely the dealership mechanics will know more about your specific car but that's just my $.02 not looking to start a debate.

Again sorry for you. Hope you get it fixed correctly. I will keep this in mind next time I'm buffing off dust that bugs me to think at least I don't have your issues.
Google reviews suck. Totally unreliable. Many fake reviews and poor oversight.
Yelp is not perfect either, but generally much more reliable. Compare and see.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
$$$$$$$$$ :frown:

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
If those rims aren't bent and can be balanced just sand that rough area down an paint the whole wheel from 10 feet away no one would be able to tell.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Google reviews suck. Totally unreliable. Many fake reviews and poor oversight.
Yelp is not perfect either, but generally much more reliable. Compare and see.
I have. I own 2 businesses and rely on Google tremendously.
Sponsored