Can someone please help I fishtailed and hit a curb I have questions

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Well I got carried away messing around and I fishtailed and my front wheel driver side at the curb looks like my rear driver side wheel also hit the curb I was able to recover and that totally spaced out but now I notice my steering wheel is misaligned and almost 45° towards the left do you guys think I broke something or been something When looking around the vehicle all you see are curb rash is on the front wheel and the rear wheel no scuff marks on the bumpers no inner fender is broken when driving around it wants to drive straight but starts to lean leftTire pressure is staying good and some slight wobbly and a wobble noise at slow speed’s
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sponsored

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
jesus christ lol.. def needs to be look at by a shop.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
More fucking damn money... I’ve had the worst end of the year ........ it’s my fault oh the fuck well

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Not sure if that wheel can be saved but they’re stupidly expensive! Sorry this happened! Just got my car outta the body shop! Someone backed into my front bumper almost 3k in damages.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Something like that happened to me about 16 yrs ago. It ended up costing my parents about 3k to fix the car. You probably bent a lot of parts from your suspension.

take it to the shop. Good luck

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sucks but we’re all human... and you don’t need any lectures...

The rims:
Easy fix. Search on eBay - there’s a shit ton of GT rims out there from 2015-current.

———
The alignment issue...

It’s quite possible depending on the angle at which the car made contact with the curb, that you could have bent a control arm or tie rod end up front. Something is definitely bent up front.

So let’s ask this - center the steering wheel, with the car parked and off, get out and take a look at how the front wheels are pointed. Take some pics and post back.

You could have janked the EPAS too... again it depends on how hard the car hit the curbing.

If at all possible, safely get the car up on ramps, a lift or jack stands whatever you have at your disposal. See if you can see any damages under the front of the car AND for any tell tale signs IF the front K-member shifted. It would have had to hit damn hard to shift the K-member but don’t overlook anything.

My guess is, bent tie rod or control arm on the side that hit the curb.

If the rear also hit, again also check the linkage on that side for any damages.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Could be you bent a front strut.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Not sure if u can tell from these pics
87FFC9E0-1384-46B6-AAC0-C76C3A3A9C76.jpeg
A5BFA378-93BA-4933-826E-9DE061C78D8F.jpeg

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Well I got carried away messing around and I fishtailed and my front wheel driver side at the curb looks like my rear driver side wheel also hit the curb I was able to recover and that totally spaced out but now I notice my steering wheel is misaligned and almost 45° towards the left do you guys think I broke something or been something When looking around the vehicle all you see are curb rash is on the front wheel and the rear wheel no scuff marks on the bumpers no inner fender is broken when driving around it wants to drive straight but starts to lean leftTire pressure is staying good and some slight wobbly and a wobble noise at slow speed’s
image.jpg
image.jpg
Holy smokes, the wheel/fender gap (distance between the tires and the fender edges) looks gigantic. I compared it to my stock '18 PP1 GT and on my car the wheel gap is smaller than the profile of the tire all the way around, until the bottom right and left corners, at which it about equals the profile of the tires. Why is that wheel gap so large? It could have something to do with it being bent out of alignment but I'm not sure.

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
For sure you whacked a tie rod and/or control arm. A good sidewise bash on a front wheel will do that and your steering wheel being off that much means its a bad bend. You'll need to get it at least to an alignment shop to figure out what got bent. Wheel hub and bearing housing are probably OK. They're forgings and not as easily damaged.

If it makes it sting any less, I skidded my 69 Camaro on glare ice and went over a granite curb. Squashed both tie rods so the front wheels toed out like duck feet. The car could barely steer and the tires squealed all the way home. Beer issue.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Not sure if u can tell from these pics
87FFC9E0-1384-46B6-AAC0-C76C3A3A9C76.jpeg
A5BFA378-93BA-4933-826E-9DE061C78D8F.jpeg
I’m pretty sure that strut is bent.
I would take it to a Ford dealership and have them tell you what parts are damaged.
Then you can decide how to proceed.
That’s my advice.

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
D8264EA4-91E7-4C6A-80C3-23F68EAE22BC.jpeg
E226BC1F-5644-4760-894C-235DE1546244.jpeg
going to an alignment shop Tom to see what they say as they do free estimates. Then if I must, I’ll take it to the dealership and get raped

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Any idea how much cost I’m looking at worst case at a dealer?

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
This doesn't help you, but between your situation and the surface rust in the pictures, all remind me while I leave my Mustang parked in the wet.
Sponsored