Sponsored

Can someone explain VA gov't and Ford to me?

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
Well, it's hard to say for sure, and hopefully my answer is considered as apolitical as possible (I definitely don't want to get into any trouble in these forums). It could very easily be political posturing on Youngkin's part. That said, the government within China is a big backer of the EV manufacturers out there. Without its funding they would have gone bankrupt a few years ago. With that in mind, there is always the concern of what that could mean for consumers and their data if they were to purchase any of their products. Very much like the concerns over TikTok and its use by Americans. I don't know much about the Chinese technology Youngkin has referenced in this case, but I imagine that is the concern here.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Well, it's hard to say for sure, and hopefully my answer is considered as apolitical as possible (I definitely don't want to get into any trouble in these forums). It could very easily be political posturing on Youngkin's part. That said, the government within China is a big backer of the EV manufacturers out there. Without its funding they would have gone bankrupt a few years ago. With that in mind, there is always the concern of what that could mean for consumers and their data if they were to purchase any of their products. Very much like the concerns over TikTok and its use by Americans. I don't know much about the Chinese technology Youngkin has referenced in this case, but I imagine that is the concern here.
That is objective and helpful, thank you sir.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm not sure it's even true. I saw a similar article yesterday saying the location was not yet selected. I'm not going to comment any further because I know politics are off limits on this site. But trust nothing you read and verify independently. Getting the story out first seems to be more important than the truth nowadays.

Case in point, a 30 second google search

https://cardinalnews.org/2023/01/19...vania-county-site-before-youngkin-nixed-deal/

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm not sure it's even true. I saw a similar article yesterday saying the location was not yet selected. I'm not going to comment any further because I know politics are off limits on this site. But trust nothing you read and verify independently. Getting the story out first seems to be more important than the truth nowadays.

Case in point, a 30 second google search

https://cardinalnews.org/2023/01/19...vania-county-site-before-youngkin-nixed-deal/
Good post Chris and perfect link. This is a nothing story, at least for now. Probably just a slow news day.
Sponsored