Sponsored

Can someone confirm how much PTFE line I'll need?

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does anyone know how long of a line I'll need for a return style fuel set up? Will 10 feet be enough?
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Depends on how you plan to plumb your fuel system, but usually you want to order at least 30ft, you may use less if you run the rails in-line vs parallel, but 30-35ft should be enough to get the job done

OP
OP

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
30? The pictures for the Fore and Sai Li kit look to be more like 10. I've seen your post and know you've dealt with it recently, so I'll take your word for it.

Mine is also an 18 and I'll be using the Fore fuel rails for the 18+'s

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The Fore kit I bought had 12' of -10, and 20' of -8 for rails after split and return. Had a couple feet leftover of the -10 feed line.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
30? The pictures for the Fore and Sai Li kit look to be more like 10. I've seen your post and know you've dealt with it recently, so I'll take your word for it.

Mine is also an 18 and I'll be using the Fore fuel rails for the 18+'s
If you look at the Fore kit descriptions you will see even their L1 kit says the following "-30 feet of fuel line (your choice of type)". The Sai Li kit is not a complete fuel system, it uses a nitrous adapter on the fuel feed line to tap in a regulator so you only need to run the return hose to the tank. Most return hoses are about 8feet long, so he can get away with less hoses. How ever when you are building a complete fuel system you want at least 30 feet of hose bc you need to plumb your feed entire system, feed, rails, and return. On a 18+ you plumb your feed, your HPFP, your rails, and then your return if you are doing a dual regulator set up

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
If you are trying to build your own complete fuel system with rails it will take some research and planning to make sure you have the right fittings. I put mine together and I would be happy to share the fittings I went with. I bought more line than I needed just to be safe. I went with a fore dual hat, 10 AN Black PTFE feed, fuel lab filter with check valve 10AN IN/10AN Out, 10AN Union, 10AN/dual 8AN adapter, dual 8an lines to eBay rails, dual 8an to fore regulator, 8 an to tank.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Depends on how you plan to plumb your fuel system, but usually you want to order at least 30ft, you may use less if you run the rails in-line vs parallel, but 30-35ft should be enough to get the job done
Yeah. I kinked one of the lines feeding it up to the tank :curse:; better to have a bit extra, just in case

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
If you are trying to build your own complete fuel system with rails it will take some research and planning to make sure you have the right fittings. I put mine together and I would be happy to share the fittings I went with. I bought more line than I needed just to be safe. I went with a fore dual hat, 10 AN Black PTFE feed, fuel lab filter with check valve 10AN IN/10AN Out, 10AN Union, 10AN/dual 8AN adapter, dual 8an lines to eBay rails, dual 8an to fore regulator, 8 an to tank.
If you don’t mind, after all the time, planning and buying of the parts, did it make it worth it over buying a pre-made kit? It will be another year before it will matter to me, but if I need to start researching now buying parts here and there then I can start. But if it’s saving 200-300$ and hours of research I’d rather buy a pre-made kit

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
If you don’t mind, after all the time, planning and buying of the parts, did it make it worth it over buying a pre-made kit? It will be another year before it will matter to me, but if I need to start researching now buying parts here and there then I can start. But if it’s saving 200-300$ and hours of research I’d rather buy a pre-made kit
I don’t think I saved much if you negotiate hard on the fore kit new. I used cheap ptfe line but I like it better because it is black. I am not sure why fore cannot offer black ptfe line. I could do it cheaper if I built another one because I don’t have to buy fitting that I didn’t use.
Sponsored