Sponsored

Can I order a spare tire / jack?

yukiyu99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Coupe Premium
My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

My GT PP came with 19" wheels (Pirelli P-Zero tires 275mm wide @ rear, 255mm wide @ front). No spare tire/jack, only the emergency repair unit.

Is it possible to use a spare tire and if so can it be ordered through the dealer?

Also, can these be rotated at all?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I'm 99% sure that a dealership donut spare will not clear the front brakes, so it's fairly useless. You won't be able to do a normal rotation with the tires either, but you could swap the rears around (left to right and vice-versa) and the same with the fronts.

I immediately swapped out the tires for Winter (PZero Nero A/S's) and went with a square setup (275/40/19's) all the way around, so I can do a normal rotation, however.

OP
OP
yukiyu99

yukiyu99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I thought about the rotation (R<->L, back & front).

So your front rims took the 275 tires ok?

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Simple. If you have a flat in front, you take the wheel off the back, put on front and put the donut on the back.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

My GT PP came with 19" wheels (Pirelli P-Zero tires 275mm wide @ rear, 255mm wide @ front). No spare tire/jack, only the emergency repair unit.

Is it possible to use a spare tire and if so can it be ordered through the dealer?

Also, can these be rotated at all?

Thanks!!
You can get the standard Mustang Jack and lug wrench for around $190 OTD (Must be gold plated). The spare on the other hand, will be an issue, the mini spare wont work with the front brakes, pretty sure that's why they don't offer one, and I don't know if a full size front tire and rim will fit in the allotted space in the trunk.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
You can get the standard Mustang Jack and lug wrench for around $190 OTD (Must be gold plated). The spare on the other hand, will be an issue, the mini spare wont work with the front brakes, pretty sure that's why they don't offer one, and I don't know if a full size front tire and rim will fit in the allotted space in the trunk.

Read post #4 for possible solution.

OP
OP
yukiyu99

yukiyu99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a pain but for peace of mind I'd probably stick a donut spare in the trunk. Thanks everyone!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I ordered the donut spare, but I'm definitely getting a full sized spare. Woke up this morning with a screw in my tire and the tire flat -- and I'm on a weekend getaway 130 miles from home with no tire shops open on Sundays. Third flat this year. Need the full size spare so I don't have to worry.

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Do you guys think running a donut could wear out the LSD?

Other cars I've owned specifically mentioned in the owner's manual not to use spare tire on helix-LSD (aka torsen) drive axle. Only thing I could find in Mustang manual.
Page 139 it says, "Extended use of tire sizes other than the manufacturer's specified tire size on these axles could result in a permanent reduction in effectiveness. This loss does not affect your normal driving and should not be noticeable." www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-mustang-owners-2767.html

They might be talking about wider tires which can also reduce the life of a LSD. But that trade-off is worth it, in my opinion. Wearing it out while using a donut would suck.

Anyone have more information on this?
Sponsored