Sponsored

Can i fit all four PP1 wheels with tires inside my mustang?

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Hi folks,

I need to drive to pick up a set of PP1 wheels with tires on them. Wife needs her suv, so I think I need to bring my mustang.

I have been able to fit the four pilot sport 4s tires (two 255 and two 275's) in my car. One 275 in trunk, rear seats down, two 255's stacked in slant on back of rear seat back (that is placed down), and one 275 in the front seat.

I don't remember if the two stacked tires were sticking into each other's center...

Considering that this time I will have wheels and not just tires, i am wondering if i will be able to fit all of them inside. Anyone have experience and have actually managed to get all four PP1 wheels with mounted tires into their mustang? If so, care to share how?

I also have a set of 18" oem wheels with pirelli tires on them (approx 2500 mi on the tires). I was thinking I could put two of the 18's on my rear, leave the 9.5" wheels with 275's at home, keep the PP1 wheels kn the front (as 18's wont clear my brembos), drive the 2 hours to pick up the set of PP1 wheels, and then put those wheels on, which would mean I would only have to worry about putting in two 235's with 18" wheels and two 255's with 19' pp1 wheels, which will probably fit inside my car, or if they don't fit, just toss the pair of 18's with its tires in the dumpster and just drive home with two 255's and PP1 fronts...

Open to ideas/suggestions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, 2 in the back seats, one in the passenger seat, one in the trunk. Ask me how I know.

OP
OP
pyrophilus

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, 2 in the back seats, one in the passenger seat, one in the trunk. Ask me how I know.
I recon the knowledge comes from experience...

Cool, that's how I carried my four pilot sport 4s home. So I guess it will work even with wheels in the tires.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I had the PS4s put on the CS-5s and AS3s put on the PP1s and carried them home like EFI only one in each rear seat, they need angled and have them bagged. (alphabet soup)

Save the bags so they don't leach into your new Kurgo Tire-Tote bags.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pyrophilus

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the PS4s put on the CS-5s and AS3s put on the PP1s and carried them home like EFI only one in each rear seat, they need angled and have them bagged. (alphabet soup)

Save the bags so they don't leach into your new Kurgo Tire-Tote bags.
When I swapped my ps4s with as3s, I asked the custodian in my building (who owns an '88 GT vert) if I can get some massive black garbage bags. I don't know what kind, but these were very thick. The PS4's actually fit inside these garbage bags, so I was able to put them in my car w/o worries.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Easily. There has been thread about it. I've fit 4 wheels with 285/30/R19s, passenger, cooler, tools and whole bunch of other shit. Also fit 4 305/30R19 (which are actually smaller diameter but wider). So I've said - easily.
Use trunk well (where the spare tire or the repair kit is) for one of the wheels - you will fit two of them in trunk this way (leave spare and trunk floor at home). Rest in a back seat - folded or up.

Renting a truck to transport 4 wheels is really great way to waste some money.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
^^^^ laughing - but yes, I have done the exact same and it works fine. Since I have the Ceramic leather, I just covered the seats in old blankets.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Yes. I've fit them in my car with both me and my wife up front.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hey depending on how far away.....I have a couple of ideas. Rent a pickup truck from any car rental place or if close, rent a U-haul for $19 plus mileage. I know one poster said it is a waste of money. I have found in the past when I stuff things in tight places, I tend to scratch or mar other things. Plenty of times I wished I had spent $50 or so to save me the agony of some outcome I wasn't expecting.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I know one poster said it is a waste of money. I have found in the past when I stuff things in tight places, I tend to scratch or mar other things. Plenty of times I wished I had spent $50 or so to save me the agony of some outcome I wasn't expecting.
That's what tire totes (if you're fancy), old towels or blankets are for. Renting a truck to move 4 tires is a stupidity.
(I've recently sold my old 305/30R19 Rivals to Camaro 1/LE owner - he was able to take them back in the car - which is way less spacious than Mustang - he took them in my totes to not damage the interior).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Go to Home depot rent a truck 20 bucks haulem home

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Go to Home depot rent a truck 20 bucks haulem home
100% agree! $20 is well worth not having to wiggle,cram,cuss and worry about damaging anything.
It's why I don't sell my Edge or trailer.

Inadvertently scratch a trim panel or damage a seat and even $100 is going to look like a bargain.
Sponsored