Sponsored

Can Forscan remove the 10 Speed Soft Limiter?

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don't often rev my car, but when I do with some friends I want to have the ability to rev everything available. I know the soft limiter can be removed with a tune, but right now I'm pretty much stock and I don't really care to do a tune and spend that money. Do you know if Forscan has the ability to remove the Neutral and Park limiter or at least make it higher?
Sponsored

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I don’t think so. I have for scan and have never ran into rpm adjustments or anything of that nature. Like you stated I believe you would need a tune or tuning software to be able to do that

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think so. I have for scan and have never ran into rpm adjustments or anything of that nature. Like you stated I believe you would need a tune or tuning software to be able to do that
Figured as much. I've never really used Forscan for anything so I wasn't sure what it could do.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Nothing a h pipe resonator delete cant solve.

My my19 rattles the house when revved up to the soft limiter. I believe it is up around 5k rpm...

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing a h pipe resonator delete cant solve.

My my19 rattles the house when revved up to the soft limiter. I believe it is up around 5k rpm...
I have an exhaust, I just don't like being limited to 4,500rpm.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have an exhaust, I just don't like being limited to 4,500rpm.
I don’t follow. Your car only revs to 4500? Or do you mean like the parking lot brigade that sit in park and rev the snot out of the poor thing to think they’re “cool”? And if that’s what you’re doing, my only question is why.

I know, you do you... I just simply don’t understand.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t follow. Your car only revs to 4500? Or do you mean like the parking lot brigade that sit in park and rev the snot out of the poor thing to think they’re “cool”? And if that’s what you’re doing, my only question is why.

I know, you do you... I just simply don’t understand.
Go back to the original post. No, I do not just rev in random parking lots at random people. However, if I'm with a friend and they want to hear the car it's just annoying to have a soft limiter.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yea I re-read your original post. You don’t do it often and only with friends. But want to be able to rev everything you have... got it. Just personally don’t understand it.

Maybe it’s me, but after watching my neighbour do this in his brand new z24 and then hearing the Big Bang and seeing a wee fireball ball then plumes of black smoke out the exhaust and then hearing the clunk clunk clunk of his motor I guess I just don’t see the point. All he was trying to do was warm up the car fast in the winter no trying to show off. I just happened to be shoveling my drive next door. I know, this is a long time ago. True.

Around here, it’s the parking lot brigade that wrecks any sort of planned meet and brings the cops in. Then they start checking cars for safety stuff, slicks, cats etc. If they didn’t just sit there and rev the balls out of their cars... again, why?

Rant over.

I’ll mind my P’s and Q’s now. Carry on..

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Go back to the original post. No, I do not just rev in random parking lots at random people. However, if I'm with a friend and they want to hear the car it's just annoying to have a soft limiter.
With a H pipe your friends can still hear it even if only to 5k rpm...

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I re-read your original post. You don’t do it often and only with friends. But want to be able to rev everything you have... got it. Just personally don’t understand it.

Maybe it’s me, but after watching my neighbour do this in his brand new z24 and then hearing the Big Bang and seeing a wee fireball ball then plumes of black smoke out the exhaust and then hearing the clunk clunk clunk of his motor I guess I just don’t see the point. All he was trying to do was warm up the car fast in the winter no trying to show off. I just happened to be shoveling my drive next door. I know, this is a long time ago. True.

Around here, it’s the parking lot brigade that wrecks any sort of planned meet and brings the cops in. Then they start checking cars for safety stuff, slicks, cats etc. If they didn’t just sit there and rev the balls out of their cars... again, why?

Rant over.

I’ll mind my P’s and Q’s now. Carry on..
Lol okay. Yes I'm sure one rev above the 4,500 limiter really blew that motor, that's why all the 6 speed guys are blowing up every day.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Lol okay. Yes I'm sure one rev above the 4,500 limiter really blew that motor, that's why all the 6 speed guys are blowing up every day.
Didn’t say one rev. Even reread what I posted to make sure I didn’t say one rev. It’s was an auto by the way. Likely before your time. Chevrolet z24. No, he was full on parking lot brigade. Revving the bag off a very cold engine. You know, the brigade with their rev to redline and beyond multiple times over and over to say “look at me!” Hey, maybe it was my neighbour that started that crap?

885E69F5-BA91-4B1D-9D8A-8AD7727675E2.png

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Why would you want to do that? Thats the worse thing you can do is rev the piss out of the car with no load on her. Can you say spun bearings...

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you want to do that? Thats the worse thing you can do is rev the piss out of the car with no load on her. Can you say spun bearings...
Again, that's not at issue here. The thread is merely seeing if it is possible to change such settings with a Forscan tool. I do like though that you assume it would "rev the piss out of the car". No, one rev to 5800 will not kill the motor. If it did, Ford would soft limit the GT500 and manual cars.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's there to protect the torque converter.
Sponsored