Can’t hook with Et Street r bias ply

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Whats a good pressure to start at with the bias ply? In guessing 14-15?
I tested Wednesday night at 15lbs. And am thinking I am going to raise them up to 16lbs. next time out.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Why ?
Did they sway ?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Why ?
Did they sway ?
They did sway a little, but I think they are a touch too low. This was the 1st time out this year with the new combo and this tire. have a few tuning issues to work out, but pretty happy with a 9.80@142 for the 1st time out. I'm gonna try and go back to the track on Thursday night and put them at 16lbs. I'm also gonna raise the two-step up to 3,500. My front half numbers are slow compared to last year with the old blower/throttle body and the radials. My goal is to hit 9.50's in full street trim.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
raycer

raycer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Actually the dragstrip is really the only place I would like an auto. I could swap it out but then the car would just sit in the garage. I would like to try a 2 step but worried about oil pump gear.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the dragstrip is really the only place I would like an auto. I could swap it out but then the car would just sit in the garage. I would like to try a 2 step but worried about oil pump gear.
Just keep practicing you'll figure it out! It's not like your making a living on your winnings. I know an auto is faster and more consistent but how much more fun is dropping the clutch and banging gears all the way down the track?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Carefull... a properly set up manual could make you eat those words.
Autos are useful. I use their times to work out what a combo can run with the driver removed from the equation :cwl:

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I got the cash if u guys do.....manual is outdated as the buggy whip and I stand by my post for any takers ...the last steam engine was probably a beast but wheres it at now?

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I
I got the cash if u guys do.....manual is outdated as the buggy whip and I stand by my post for any takers ...the last steam engine was probably a beast but wheres it at now?
If you don’t understand why a manual serves its function better than an auto in “some” applications, I can’t help you.
How do you induce a controlled compression brake in an auto to help rotate the car into a corner? Can’t do it?
Can you clutch kick your auto?
How much satisfaction does heel/toe shifting give you?
How many auto drift cars do you see floating around?
I’ll happily let you have a couple of tenths over the 1/4. I’ll just continue to enjoy being in FULL control of everything my car does, even if it means not being the fastest. :crazy:

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I

If you don’t understand why a manual serves its function better than an auto in “some” applications, I can’t help you.
How do you induce a controlled compression brake in an auto to help rotate the car into a corner? Can’t do it?
Can you clutch kick your auto?
How much satisfaction does heel/toe shifting give you?
How many auto drift cars do you see floating around?
I’ll happily let you have a couple of tenths over the 1/4. I’ll just continue to enjoy being in FULL control of everything my car does, even if it means not being the fastest. :crazy:
Bro I have had manuals since I think 1978..…../I had a fucking manual 5 speed fusion....how much fucking control u think u have over me flicking a goddamn lever on the column? I don't have a track to play
with you with readily,but your heel toe= nuttin cuz I can flick down in less than a tenth of a second and to be honest I get ZERO satisfaction being slow unless i'm being over spent 2-1 do you? and wtf is drift??? smokey tires and such? how is it even a performance , cuz I do killer donuts and I haven't got a check from anybody

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase