Sponsored

Camouflaged Mustang Prototype Spied: Possible Refresh or Hybrid Model?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I am thinking this is more of a SVO'esque type offering.

Something similar to the PP2, but using the upgraded 2.3 Ecoboost. With a possible electric assist for low end torque (acceleration) and greater MPG for city driving. (But with more than 420 pounds of thrust, dialed in by how much tire slip you want/desire/program, etc.)

The front looks like it has the front fascia scoops that Roush uses. To possibly funnel up to an airbox, from both side, while using the front with big FMIC, etc.

It will kill the BMW M2 !
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I haven't seen exhaust tips like that since visiting Rosarito beach Mexico.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Also to note:
All 2019’s with active exhaust are quad tips, non-active is just duals.
That's true of the Ecoboost, but the GT has quads, whether active or not :)

I'm definitely leaning more towards this being a very gentle facelift........and still hoping that Bullitt up front means the '21/'22MY GT gets 480hp......

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Just the front bumper cover is fairly cosmetic change all the stuff on back of the car is just misleading fluff for the spy cameras.
That's true of the Ecoboost, but the GT has quads, whether active or not :)

I'm definitely leaning more towards this being a very gentle facelift........and still hoping that Bullitt up front means the '21/'22MY GT gets 480hp......

Sponsored

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The people saying a hybrid mustang is dumb dont understand that its gonna be a game changer specifically combined with the 5.0. Imagine they add the same hybrid system the new explorer/aviator is getting to the 5.0. Over 500hp and over 600ft lb of torque combined. But now imagine 200ft lb of that torque at 0 rpm and at the front wheels. Thats a perfect combo to fill out the void the 5.0 leaves at low rpm plus a partial awd system.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I really think Ford dropped the ball a long time ago they should have had a hybrid in 2015 when the all new Mustang came out. Ford could have been the innovator they use to be and not the trend follower they've become.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
The world is a lot bigger than just the USA.
Fully agree, tax wise an Hybrid could be a hit in at least Europe, Look at Tesla, Volvo XCxx T8 and upcoming AUDI, Mercedes....

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I'm looking forward to the hybrid model - as long as it will still offer stick shift

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
May I remind everyone of our rule (#3) about inter-model bashing:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...of-conduct-please-read-before-posting.118153/

3. Inter Model Bashing — The forum will not tolerate any bashing of another member's choice of vehicle, options/equipment, modifications, stock vs. non stock etc. Respect for all models and model years (EcoBoost, V6, GT, GT350, 2015-17, 2018+, etc) is expected of all members.

Thank you :like:
I've been wondering this for awhile, but did you get a 2005 GT imported into England or what?

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Mach 1?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If only! I banged that drum long and hard, but even I have to give up and realise Ford have forgotten what the Mach 1 was, or should be (see the electric SUV "Mach 1" for reference).

However..........as the Bullitt is a '19/'20MY deal, perhaps they could give us a Mach 1 for '21/'22MY, using the Bullitt's engine-spec etc. Dammit man, you've got me dreaming again!!!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've been wondering this for awhile, but did you get a 2005 GT imported into England or what?
I bought it from a US Serviceman that was based here in the UK but was being redeployed to Hawaii!! That was 12 years ago and, just a couple of weeks back, I was contacted by his son, as he'd seen my S197 in the UK Owners Club magazine, as his son is now also now in the service and is based in the UK :)

As for this prototype.....hopefully we get to see more of it soon :like:

Reactions: Ebm

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I bought it from a US Serviceman that was based here in the UK but was being redeployed to Hawaii!! That was 12 years ago and, just a couple of weeks back, I was contacted by his son, as he'd seen my S197 in the UK Owners Club magazine, as his son is now also now in the service and is based in the UK :)
Any interest in ever getting an S550? Seems odd you've been a moderator and such an active member of this forum for a car which you don't own.

I'm just genuinely curious. I don't mean to be offensive at all
Sponsored