Camber plates vs lowering springs vs MR calibration

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Looking for opinions from guys who have tried any of these options on their Mach...

I don't track the car but would like it to feel a little less top heavy and a little flatter in the twisties when I'm in normal or Sport+ modes. I have the handling package.

Have messed around with lowering springs on my 2018 GT and while they firmed up the cornering, they also made the ride more harsh. Also don't like the look of lowered cars with a tiny bit of fender gap at the very top of the wheel that gets bigger down the sides. So this would be the least preferred option.

The Mach in track mode is approaching what I'm looking for handling-wise but I hate the dead gas pedal mapping in track. Are their options for modifying the MR and pedal mapping maybe in Forscan or something? Maybe just a software tweak would get me there.

Also wondering if using the factory alignment plates to get a track alignment would give me what I'm looking for but thinking that's just for more grip, not less body roll?

OK guys, thoughts please!
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Are their options for modifying the MR and pedal mapping maybe in Forscan or something?
No. To modify pedal mapping you need a tune (what's wrong with the Track one ? What do you mean by dead ?)
MR mapping is in VDM and no, it can't be modified (unless you replace VDM by DSC Sport) but I can guarantee you wouldn't want to.

Also wondering if using the factory alignment plates to get a track alignment would give me what I'm looking for but thinking that's just for more grip, not less body roll?
OK guys, thoughts please!
It will not.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
No. To modify pedal mapping you need a tune (what's wrong with the Track one ? What do you mean by dead ?)
I guess I mean throttle response? In Normal mode, you get a certain amount of acceleration for the amount of pdeal travel. Seems good for everyday use. In Sport+ the pedal is much touchier, a tiny tap produces more acceleration than in Normal. But in Track, the pedal is more like an on/off switch. Lots of pedal travel before you get any acceleration relative to the other two modes, almost like it's in snow mode. I get it that for track use you're mostly either full throttle or full brake but for spirited road driving it's just annoying. I don't want to have to floor it every time I pull away from a stop sign to avoid limping forward. Drag strip mode to me has the most satisfying pedal response.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you just want to adjust your pedal travel get the pedal commander. Thats what it does, adjust the amount of gas you get per distance of pedal travel. It comes with an app to control it so when you get it set in "normal" it's easy to change it when you go to "sport" or "track".

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I guess I mean throttle response? In Normal mode, you get a certain amount of acceleration for the amount of pdeal travel. Seems good for everyday use. In Sport+ the pedal is much touchier, a tiny tap produces more acceleration than in Normal. But in Track, the pedal is more like an on/off switch. Lots of pedal travel before you get any acceleration relative to the other two modes, almost like it's in snow mode. I get it that for track use you're mostly either full throttle or full brake but for spirited road driving it's just annoying. I don't want to have to floor it every time I pull away from a stop sign to avoid limping forward. Drag strip mode to me has the most satisfying pedal response.
That's interesting - my Track Mode mapping is less linear than Normal, I think it is identical to Sport but otherwise it is very responsive. Must have changed for Mach and I am not sure why would it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That's interesting - my Track Mode mapping is less linear than Normal, I think it is identical to Sport but otherwise it is very responsive. Must have changed for Mach and I am not sure why would it.
I have heard other M1 owners complain about the same thing, and remember noticing it on the test drive as well and wondering what the heck was going on.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe (from other threads on here) :
  • GT = normal is linear / sport & track are the same and non liner.
  • Mach = normal and track are the same and linear / sport is non liner.
WD :like:

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I believe (from other threads on here) :
  • GT = normal is linear / sport & track are the same and non liner.
  • Mach = normal and track are the same and linear / sport is non liner.
WD :like:
I can confirm that the M1 sport and track are not the same, in fact they are total opposites. It feels like a rocket in sport, feels like limp mode in track. Unless there is something wrong with my car, and I don’t realize it.

Can any other M1 owners confirm that this happens on on their cars too?

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I've driven a 19 Gt pp magnaride, which blows the base car out of the water, but since you have MR and a good tire, you could find a minimum drop spring for the MR along with sway bars, the springs do a lot to resist roll, and sway bars do resist as well, at the cost of a little grip I believe. The magnaride system kicks ass though and covers up some of the handling drawbacks from the factory, having said that I have never driven a mach 1 lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR
I think the idea behind Track mode feeling “numb” down low is not necessarily always wanting to be full throttle or full brake on the track, but staying in the engines power-band from 5000rpm and up with smooth response. The mapping Ford did with the Track mode (linear with a slight but smooth positive exponential upturn after 5k) is spot on for this cars relatively heavy chassis and dynamics. I’ve done laps in each mode and Track returned the fastest times for me hands down. It allows you to better feel what the car is doing and not disrupt your line with subtle throttle inputs during turn in or exit.
@Mikepol2 since you have the Tremec also, try shifting around 6-6.5k, or keep the engine above 5k for a little and it makes more sense the Track mode throttle mapping is really meant for track. My “My Mode” for the street is Track default with Sport throttle.🍻

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
My “My Mode” for the street is Track default with Sport throttle.🍻
HOW DID YOU DO THIS??? This is exactly what I want to do but MyMode only only lets me change exhaust and steering from Normal.

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR
HOW DID YOU DO THIS??? This is exactly what I want to do but MyMode only only lets me change exhaust and steering from Normal.
My apologies I misspoke, it’s sport default with track gauge, track exhaust, it’s a placebo effect to make me feel like it’s track default😅
Sponsored