Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I'm glad I got a 2018 ZL1 1LE before they made the automatic an option and changed the rear tail lights. I feel all these changes to the 1le platform on the ZL1 make the 1500 or so built for the 2018 model year more special.

I agree that GM is making this an option now in an attempt to get ready for whatever the 500 brings.

There's going to be a lot of hurt feelings if the 500 comes out with its dual clutch and it still gets beat by the automatic Zl1 1LE. It's certainly exciting to be part of this car scene.

Unfortunately it may not last for very much longer.
No
The hurt feeling will be GM crying when the 500 stomps the vett.
Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
The biggest thing is actually the tires and DSSV.

Aero last.

The tires alone on a stock ZL1 would do 5-6 seconds.
Not buying it (the bullshit exaggerated time difference)
They sell cars with track times.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
No
Ooooookkk. Hope ford doesn’t let you down.

By the way, ALL car manufacturers use track times to sell cars.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Buy it or not, I could give a shit. Do some research on tire compounds.
I can tell you first hand that those good years are amazing once they get up to temperature.

It’s incredible what that car will do around a corner. The downfall is that they are terrible for everyday driving.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Actually 13.56. Those are the two times from Nurburgring times. Those are fairly accurate.

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife

upload_2019-2-13_10-0-29.png

upload_2019-2-13_10-2-12.png
upload_2019-2-13_10-2-23.png

LOL.

THERE IS NO ACCURATE when it comes to ‘Ring times. No independent verification with multiple cars running same day and same conditions.

Ford stopped publishing their times there due to this. Anyone can literally say anything. GM was caught with making up times with the z28 and zl1 by splicing together the best times from different runs. And then shouting those times from the rooftops. That’s not how it’s done. That’s what liars do.

Those times posted were given to them. That’s not accurate. It’s not some carefully vetted process like say SAE engine ratings which exist to provide accurate facts about the motor in your vehicle.

The website you link to merely repeated what GM SAID they did - - as reported here:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...aro-zl1-1le-blitzed-the-nurburgring-in-71604/

Oh and one other point of note... the driver wasn’t some independent pro race driver either. It was literally the Chevy engineer in charge of camaro handling. Yeah. Let that sink in. Talk about an inside job that can’t be held accountable to any scrutiny... the time is a manufactured inside job.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
LOL.

THERE IS NO ACCURATE when it comes to ‘Ring times. No independent verification with multiple cars running same day and same conditions.

Ford stopped publishing their times there due to this. Anyone can literally say anything. GM was caught with making up times with the z28 and zl1 by splicing together the best times from different runs. And then shouting those times from the rooftops. That’s not how it’s done. That’s what liars do.

Those times posted were given to them. That’s not accurate. It’s not some carefully vetted process like say SAE engine ratings which exist to provide accurate facts about the motor in your vehicle.

The website you link to merely repeated what GM SAID they did - - as reported here:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...aro-zl1-1le-blitzed-the-nurburgring-in-71604/

Oh and one other point of note... the driver wasn’t some independent pro race driver either. It was literally the Chevy engineer in charge of camaro handling. Yeah. Let that sink in. Talk about an inside job that can’t be held accountable to any scrutiny... the time is a manufactured inside job.
You sir are correct.The Gigantic Mistake has been pulling crap like that for years.Even with those fake numbers, the Crapmaro still isn't selling well. The tug boat fiat challenger outsold them last year.:cwl::crackup::like:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't be surprised if the automatic ZL1 1LE is faster than the GT500 in some situations. Why? Because the Camaro has ultra stiff springs and shocks that many people find difficult to live with. I doubt Ford will have the GT500 set up so stiffly. And the automatic will shift plenty fast enough to be competitive with a dual clutch transmission. DCT is cool, but a little bit of a marketing item. Kind of like the FPC was in the GT350. Awesome, but might not benefit track times a lot over a CPC version of the 5.2 TiVCT engine. I'm not really expecting that the DCT will make the GT500 faster than a 10 speed automatic would have. So - it may depend on the length of the straights. Longer straights should help the GT500, being that it makes quite a bit more power.

Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Buy it or not, I could give a shit. Do some research on tire compounds.
Don’t get testy. I know all about the difference in tire compounds and the time reduction.

My point is GM post track times to sell cars. They glorify them in fact.
Now, let’s see them post monthly camaro sales. Good luck. Those are numbers they’re afraid to post.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R

Really? Where’s fords Ring times at for the GT350/R

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
LOL.

Exactly

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
No
But are you talking the 500 will beat the ZR1 or just a plain 'ole vette or what? Please verify?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
LOL.

Yes, I know it was an engineer who ran the time. But to deny it did not happen is maybe a little naive. I have never been a Chevy fan. I have always called them Grunt Motors and they make shit. But I now have the ZL1 and I am not a FanBoy of GM. This will be my last GM car, as I am a Toyota person since 1992. The ZL1 is an amazing car and it is faster than the GT350 (R) in all respects and fast is fun to me even if people don't like the looks. I think the Mustang does look nicer.

But to continue to ignore what GM has/is doing with their Halo cars, Camaro and Corvette is kinda "Fanboy'ish" to say the least. Cutting down GM on here does not bother me at all so keep up the good work. And keep those "troll" remarks coming. I can take it.
Sponsored