Sponsored

Camaro SS, ZL1 not salable in California and Washington. Are GT, Mach I, and GT500 impacted?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Guy's, take a second and read the article. This law goes back ten years. And there is a good reason for it. Copper dust is right up there with lead in paint and asbestos. This stuff is bad for you, period. Why GM never addressed them is a good question. Have Ford and FCA? I guess we will find out.

Edit: Let's go back to 1991. And this is Federal.

https://www.epa.gov/dwreginfo/lead-and-copper-rule
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Unless there is something I dont understand its just the pad right? yo can put any pad in there why would they not allow the sale of the whole car? that seems silly. I would not think a car company would just stop selling entire lines of cars in a specific state because of a replaceable low dollar item.
Because the pads come on the car. GM had ten freaking year to fix this. They knew it was coming.

Maybe California should stop spending billons of researching if every single item ever created causes cancer and spend that money on curing cancer instead?
How exactly do you cure something without knowing what causes it? Also copper has been an issue for over 30 years. This isn't new and California didn't spend billions on it. This is strictly a GM issue. They screwed up.

LOL I try not too. Why does anyone live there again?
Seriously, you live in Asheville and you ask this question? Because for all of it's faults, no pun intended, it is a beautiful state with a lot to offer.

Its known to the state of California that useing more then 2 sqs can cause cancer.
You know its one thing to rag on a state you live in, not so cool when you don't.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So what's the official reason those cars are not saleable in California? As mentioned, it must be the pads, which are super easy to change. Seems stupid a manufacturer would not just replace the pads to sell their cars there for a year... if that's it. But is it?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I always enjoy those posts that insult California. We have all what we need here and we don’t need anymore people coming here. So thanks for those very helpful comments
1 of the things that I really enjoy in California are the 8 road racing tracks that are open and usable all year long
As a matter of fact I’m going to Laguna Seca next week
Btw, the size of the California economy dwarf, at 2.448 trillion, every other us states...
Ever wonder why ?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Dude, bad form to wave around California's big dick economy when you guys are hosting the worst income disparity & homelessness crisis since the Great Depression.
Yep, the weather is so nice all year long than homeless is a big issue
I’m sure that Alaska or North Dakota low homeless population has something to do with the weather

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
@Bikeman315, I had a great joke lined up, and you had to go and ruin the moment with logic and science and junk. Why don't you take your nerdy "reason" and let us Neanderthals make fun of California for a bit :crackup:
When are you moving back to NJ? 🤔:crackup:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Easy solution... place the proper warning label on each wheel that has Brembo brakes:

“WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.”

Do NOT let small children lick brake dust from the wheels of this vehicle. Studies have shown that the 95th percentile 8 year old can be harmed after licking only 326 wheels consecutively clean of brake dust. Make sure wheels have cooled before licking to avoid burning tongues.
For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.”

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well it was doing just fine until Northeast Ohio, Austin TX, West Monroe Louisiana, Eau Claire County Wisconsin, & Asheville NC chimed in. :facepalm: :cwl: :crackup:

Kidding guys!
LOL you know how much NC gets picked on in popular culture? its been made fun of in big bang theory, family guy and south park to just name a few. people here aren't um well.... you fill in the blanks. so yeah I feel I can pick back a few times.

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
I wonder how long it will be before Commiefornia starts to regulate how many squares of toilet paper your allowed to use per sitting? It seems they want to regulate everything else.
It might take awhile since they have their noses up everybody's butt.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I wonder how long it will be before Commiefornia starts to regulate how many squares of toilet paper your allowed to use per sitting? It seems they want to regulate everything else.
No problem. Just switch to triangular.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
im sure they will just throw different brake pads that's aren't made from copper in there.
Saw this coming when CA required pennies to have warning labels etched into them.
And when Tommy Copper was forced to move out of CA.
Sponsored