Sponsored

CALLING 2020 GT500 Owners. What’s your best 0-60.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks KB. However that's your car..... mine has a black roof
I know, Tom but I was too lazy to add the black roof. Just put your thumb up in front of your eye at the roofline. <grinning>
Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
But dude, enough is enough, don'tcha think? Don't make this FakeBook, please.
Im done, dude needs last word, he can have it
Interested to see if we can get back on track and what members are getting on their 0-60 results. Kilo, have you tried yours yet?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
No, Chris, I have not. Main reason is, after getting a dang ticket two DAYS after delivery in the first week of February, I JUST got the conviction removed on Tuesday, thanks to the Pandemic from China.

What a major PITA with part of the problem being, dummy me, took the wrong online DE course to start with! <laughing> (But if you saw that site, you'd understand how.) It took a month to learn about THAT mistake then another month to take ANOTHER course, paying for both of course, (no pun intended,) :-) turning in THAT paperwork, being told I missed the deadline, went to "virtual court" and thankfully, the judge took the circumstances under consideration.

Even so, I was only ten days past the deadline and one would have thought that with over a month of "shelter at home" for the COUNTY, the CITY would be a little more understanding.

So, I'm a LITTLE reticent to REALLY get after it, ifyouknowwhatImeanVern. (Not YOU, Vern.) :-) (But for sure I will.) Heck, I gotta do the new lug nuts, ceramic the wheels, and fix a rock guard mount too, (and it's already half as hot as Hades down here,) but I'll get tuit Real Soon Now.) <grin>

@obspsd aka, Keller...Obviously, your memory is better than mine, I could have sworn Ford's number was 3.6, thanks for the correction.

Interested to see if we can get back on track..
Now we're talkin'. <smile>

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
No, Chris, I have not. Main reason is, after getting a dang ticket two DAYS after delivery in the first week of February, I JUST got the conviction removed on Tuesday, thanks to the Pandemic from China.

What a major PITA with part of the problem being, dummy me, took the wrong online DE course to start with! <laughing> (But if you saw that site, you'd understand how.) It took a month to learn about THAT mistake then another month to take ANOTHER course, paying for both of course, (no pun intended,) :-) turning in THAT paperwork, being told I missed the deadline, went to "virtual court" and thankfully, the judge took the circumstances under consideration.

Even so, I was only ten days past the deadline and one would have thought that with over a month of "shelter at home" for the COUNTY, the CITY would be a little more understanding.

So, I'm a LITTLE reticent to REALLY get after it, ifyouknowwhatImeanVern. (Not YOU, Vern.) :-) (But for sure I will.) Heck, I gotta do the new lug nuts, ceramic the wheels, and fix a rock guard mount too, (and it's already half as hot as Hades down here,) but I'll get tuit Real Soon Now.) <grin>

@obspsd aka, Keller...Obviously, your memory is better than mine, I could have sworn Ford's number was 3.6, thanks for the correction.

Now we're talkin'. <smile>
Thats unfortunate about the ticket. I would be hesitant too, as for now I am lucky enough to be point free *wood* I think Keller is right, but I could have sworn I've seen both times from Ford (3.3 &3.6).... Hell, I've seen so many claims outside this post maybe I'm wrong too.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Here's why many people think 0-60 is pointless ...

If you consider sanctioned / competitive events, first for straight line, it's 1/4 mile, and to a lesser degree 1/8 mile, plus the occasional top end run (like the Texas Mile). While a vehicle's 0-60 is a factor in those, there's much more involved outside of that one metric.

If you consider sanctioned / competitive track type performance, 0-60 is even less relevant.

So then you get down to where/what exactly does the 0-60 make a major impact on "competition", and you realize it's mostly for who can get from one stoplight to the next, the quickest. So it mostly comes down to street racing, and even in that capacity, there's plenty of people who do "roll racing", from 20, 40, etc., that's street racing where 0-60 isn't all that relevant.

Again, sure, a vehicles 0-60 isn't in a complete vacuum, but it's so contingent on traction, launch systems, tires, surface prep, it's often not repeatable, magazines tend to have inconsistent methodologies, and at the end of the day, it's not even a competitive metric used in any kind of real racing.

If you want a crazy 0-60, go buy a Tesla, and you'll be able to click off some sub 3s 0-60 a couple of times ...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here's why many people think 0-60 is pointless ...

If you consider sanctioned / competitive events, first for straight line, it's 1/4 mile, and to a lesser degree 1/8 mile, plus the occasional top end run (like the Texas Mile). While a vehicle's 0-60 is a factor in those, there's much more involved outside of that one metric.

If you consider sanctioned / competitive track type performance, 0-60 is even less relevant.

So then you get down to where/what exactly does the 0-60 make a major impact on "competition", and you realize it's mostly for who can get from one stoplight to the next, the quickest. So it mostly comes down to street racing, and even in that capacity, there's plenty of people who do "roll racing", from 20, 40, etc., that's street racing where 0-60 isn't all that relevant.

Again, sure, a vehicles 0-60 isn't in a complete vacuum, but it's so contingent on traction, launch systems, tires, surface prep, it's often not repeatable, magazines tend to have inconsistent methodologies, and at the end of the day, it's not even a competitive metric used in any kind of real racing.

If you want a crazy 0-60, go buy a Tesla, and you'll be able to click off some sub 3s 0-60 a couple of times ...
Its a metric plain and simple that many manufacturers use to give an idea of performance. But, it has so many variables (the day, the track, the driver, the weather, etc) that it is not a solid number to be used for comparison. Take the GT350R for example. 0-60 sucks. Does that mean the car sucks? Hell no, especially at the track and that is because the voodoo isn't alive until at least 3500 RPM. And by then, the 0-60 is out the window.

0-60 doesn't mean anything and anyone who uses that number as a large factor in considering performance of a vehicle has seen too many car ads.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It is just one metric, that by itself is useless. But then again, so is the hp/torque number. An engine dyno graph would be more useful there. Saying 0-60 is completely useless is like saying 60ft times don't matter. It's just a piece of information that can be used in conjunction with other factors to get a picture of what the car can do. It's also a fun thing to test on an empty backroad. Does it mean anything by itself? Not really. Is it a fun dumb thing to talk about on the internet? Well...
I certainly accept the dumb fun aspect :D And it's such a simple metric to understand, most people "get" going from a dead stop to a reasonable (and usually legal) speed, but I totally understand why performance enthusiasts, people who understand the entire performance spectrum, people who aren't into redlight racing, find it annoying and pointless.

OP
OP
Classic Lover

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I think we miss the point of these cars by discussing the deep meaning or value of one specific spec or metric. It’s about having fun. The word useful and 760 hp cars are not in the same zip code. At the end of the day what use is a 1/4 mile time? What use is a fast lap time. It’s about having fun and thrilling to the sound and power of the engine. A time slip or lap time is not useful by any definition of the word. I think we are missing the forest for the trees here.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
CL: You forget the zillions of track enthusiasts not to mention, fans of the sport. Granted, it can be a bit more costly than running your DD down the strip a few times but, I dare say there is as much support for track folks as there is for the 1320 crowd. Sure, it's about having fun..for most of us but for some, it's mighty serious business and that applies to both genres. Don't disregard one for the other is what I'm doing a poor job of saying.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Take the GT350R for example. 0-60 sucks.
Hold on there Tomster... my sucky no-low-end-torque GT350 did 0-60 in 2.8 seconds... and I'm not lying!
(This is 0-60 kph)

I figured this thread needed a little humor since the guy who was arguing with you earned the coveted nastang87xx "Twat-Waffle" award - I think he earned it.....Sheeesh!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Quite humorous, Dave but, play nice. Didn't Captain Kangaroo or Mr. Green Jeans use that line? :-)
He is in violation of copyright laws.

"COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase."

Remember this one KB?

waffle-house_1920.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Remember this one KB?
Oh yeah, I remember it, Tom...pretty crummy job now that I look at it more closely. If this is any indication, my comps are improving. :-)

Here's a better rendition I think.

twat-waffle-house.jpg