Caliperfextion Stud Kit - Where to buy?

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
Anyone know is they stopped making the Caliperfextion stud kit? OP mustang and Caliperfextion themselves both dont seem to have any. Anyone have a line on a set?

Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Anyone know is they stopped making the Caliperfextion stud kit? OP mustang and Caliperfextion themselves both dont seem to have any. Anyone have a line on a set?

Thanks,
Jeff
Pm sent

Sponsored

TommyBoyDIY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I actually met with Tobe in person earlier this year as I live 35 minutes from him. He was having issues getting the bolts made and had just finally gotten some kits in from his machinist. I purchased one stainless kit and chatted for a bit. I'll reach out to him and see if he has any left and get some info.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
It’s worth the trouble folks. These kits make pad changes super fast and easy. Just like the site says.

Crossi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’m in the same boat here. I’ve been checking the OP site and even emailed on Caliperfexions site but there is nothing out there available. I’m starting to get worried because I’m changing the front brakes every track day and I’m starting to get more metal filings each time.

Has anyone purchased stainless studs and arp bolts and made their own?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I’m in the same boat here. I’ve been checking the OP site and even emailed on Caliperfexions site but there is nothing out there available. I’m starting to get worried because I’m changing the front brakes every track day and I’m starting to get more metal filings each time.

Has anyone purchased stainless studs and arp bolts and made their own?
Just curious, what are you changing to your brakes after each track day ?
Race pads to street pads … or ?
Any machine shop can do the studs. I would tale some long, good quality bolts and have the shop cut the head/bolt to length and cut some threads in it on the cut side
You can even do it yourself with a good set of dies

Sponsored

Crossi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just curious, what are you changing to your brakes after each track day ?
Race pads to street pads … or ?
Any machine shop can do the studs. I would tale some long, good quality bolts and have the shop cut the head/bolt to length and cut some threads in it on the cut side
You can even do it yourself with a good set of dies
yes, swapping out track pads for street pads after track day. I was thinking about doing the homemade bolt thing but the original bolts as well as the caliperfexion ones have that thick neck part where it contacts the caliper. How critical do you think that part is?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
In this case the studs are precision engineered and designed specifically for this application. They are manufactured to exact tolerances. Homemade bolts and sleeves would be very dangerous to use on brakes. My hope is that there will be good news soon on production of these. Like many things these days, supplier and vendor issues seem to be the new normal.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
In this case the studs are precision engineered and designed specifically for this application. They are manufactured to exact tolerances.
All these do is hold the caliper while you change pads.
Sponsored