Sponsored

California special emblems?

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Does anyone know if the rear deck lid emblem has pins in it or if it is just stuck on there?
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Are you talking about the thin plastic overlay with the California Special language or the entire faux gas cap? The faux gas cap is attached (pins etc) to the gloss black panel piece.

You want a clean rear panel you replace the entire rear piece. Simple to do-Ford sells the entire blank panel-warning some folks report mild dimples in the blank panel from the molding process. Run a search on the exterior mod threads for details and pics on installing.

OP
OP

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Are you talking about the thin plastic overlay with the California Special language or the entire faux gas cap? The faux gas cap is attached (pins etc) to the gloss black panel piece.

You want a clean rear panel you replace the entire rear piece. Simple to do-Ford sells the entire blank panel-warning some folks report mild dimples in the blank panel from the molding process. Run a search on the exterior mod threads for details and pics on installing.
ahh thanks, I was hoping the whole faux cover would just come off without pins. So specifically I am wanting to replace it with my howler badge, will it cover the holes you think?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
No. You will destroy the glossy rear panel trying to remove the faux cap, it is not just on by a simple pin. Just buy the new blank rear panel-fairly cheap. Check places like CJPony parts.
Sponsored