Sponsored

CALIFORNIA SPECIAL S550 Mustang Thread

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
For anyone trying to get the front emblem off:

- Take the hood latch off and set it to the side, it makes the hole large enough to get your arm through without causing damage to your arm.
- Look at the pic of the backside of the emblem and get an idea of where the nuts are.
- Using a flashlight, you can see at least the bottom nut and the side one as well. Might want to stick your hand and feel around first.
- Use a 13mm socket, wrench isn't needed. Reach in with the socket and use it to take off the so called nuts. They aren't tight and are cheap aluminum. A couple of mine actually ripped while I was removing them.
- Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.Don't forget to replace the hood latch.
- PM me for my mailing address...:D
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
No One got a Black CS?
I have been told I have the only California Special in the UK :D
4.JPG
7.JPG
9.JPG
Hayes.jpg

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
For anyone trying to get the front emblem off:

- Take the hood latch off and set it to the side, it makes the hole large enough to get your arm through without causing damage to your arm.
- Look at the pic of the backside of the emblem and get an idea of where the nuts are.
- Using a flashlight, you can see at least the bottom nut and the side one as well. Might want to stick your hand and feel around first.
- Use a 13mm socket, wrench isn't needed. Reach in with the socket and use it to take off the so called nuts. They aren't tight and are cheap aluminum. A couple of mine actually ripped while I was removing them.
- Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.Don't forget to replace the hood latch.
Attempted again this past weekend without removing the hatch and could not do it. I'll give it another go this weekend trying this, I want the damn thing gone haha

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
No One got a Black CS?
CS's are kinda rare. Convertible CS's more rare. Black convertible CS's even more rare. Black convertible CS's in the UK even MORE rare.:clap2:

Seeing a trend here ???:thumbsup:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
No One got a Black CS?
They even have American style licence plate for the front plate?
Your front spoiler looks different than the US version.
What's it like driving a LHD car in RHD country?

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
They even have American style licence plate for the front plate?
Your front spoiler looks different than the US version.
What's it like driving a LHD car in RHD country?
If I may speak for him, he has the Canadian Version. LHD, metric speedo and whatever other changes there are from US and Canada???:shrug::thumbsup:

But looking at the front spoiler, it looks different to me too. Looks smaller than the OE.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
If I may speak for him, he has the Canadian Version. LHD, metric speedo and whatever other changes there are from US and Canada???:shrug::thumbsup:

But looking at the front spoiler, it looks different to me too. Looks smaller than the OE.
Derek is spot on
I have the canadian spec, free ÂŁ300 car cover. Only difference is the speedo, and been told my horn sounds like a moose, but i think that was a windup :D
as for the front spoiler, does it? never even noticed it

Jason
As its am import can get away with these front plates. Love the cool US plates, but not allowed in the UK
As for a LHD in the UK, drove a S197 for 4 years, but have found with the BLIS and the reverse traffic crossing warnings and the ACC this car is much easier and way more fun :headbang:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Could it be something to do with the ACC? as you need a special bottom grill for the Radar Camera

Sponsored

CMEGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTCS
Love the black and I love the silver stripes. I want to put the silver stripes on my DIB because the black stripes are hard to see. You will Love It !!!!!!

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Love the black and I love the silver stripes. I want to put the silver stripes on my DIB because the black stripes are hard to see. You will Love It !!!!!!
yea the black and silver was what made me go for the black, took a chance as none was out yet, but as soon as i saw it, knew i had made the right decision
and with the wheels the same, it just works