Sponsored

California legal air intake

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
i've been looking for a CALI LEGAL air intake for my 2017 GT with no luck. Are there any out there? i prefer the cold box air intake systems.

thanks
Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
keep it stock. you wont gain anything.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
The GT350 OEM intake is since it comes on those stock.
+1 for the GT350 intake. I went with the complete GT350 intake system and love it! If I ever get pulled over and asked to pop my hood, everything is OEM :D

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I use the GT350 intake. A LONG time ago I saw a flow chart comparing most of the popular choices that showed the GT350 was in the top 3. So... done and done.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Check out JLT racing
The JLT intake doesn't have a CARB EO number.

The GT350 intake included in the Power Pack 2 comes with a CARB EO number. However, I'm not sure it comes with it if you were to buy it separately and have it tuned by an aftermarket company.

luv2drum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
keep it stock. you wont gain anything.
I agree with this. Purchase an Airaid dry panel filter and install it in the stock airbox. I have owned several N/A Coyote's and just my personal opinion, there was minimal gain if any as far as performance with an aftermarket intake system. The aftermarket intake systems are a great cosmetic piece under the hood though. Again, just my opinion.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
I agree with this. Purchase an Airaid dry panel filter and install it in the stock airbox. I have owned several N/A Coyote's and just my personal opinion, there was minimal gain if any as far as performance with an aftermarket intake system. The aftermarket intake systems are a great cosmetic piece under the hood though. Again, just my opinion.
Really? You’ll find plenty of posts that state otherwise, with dyno results. Aftermarket intakes usually have larger MAF sensors. That along with a tune to take advantage of the increased airflow will give some good gains. The PP2 is proof, although that has a throttle body also.

Sponsored

luv2drum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Really? You’ll find plenty of posts that state otherwise, with dyno results. Aftermarket intakes usually have larger MAF sensors. That along with a tune to take advantage of the increased airflow will give some good gains. The PP2 is proof, although that has a throttle body also.
That's why I stated, "Just my personal opinion." The biggest results will be gained from a custom tune by a competent Mustang Tuner. Yes, I agree the aftermarket intakes do produce a higher HP and TQ result on the dyno, but does it really make a difference at the track. I didn't notice much difference if any to be honest. I also feel driveability with the stock airbox system is the best. Again, just my opinion.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't notice much difference if any to be honest. I also feel driveability with the stock airbox system is the best. Again, just my opinion.
Get a better tuner.

luv2drum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Get a better tuner.
Thanks for the advice, but the tuning is not an issue. I stated in my previous replies that a custom tune would net the biggest gains. Adding an aftermarket intake system to the combo would equal a bit more horsepower, but does it make a big difference at the track, minimal if any. Just my thoughts.

My best advice to the OP is to ask their Tuner what aftermarket intake system they prefer to use. OP stated he is in California, so options are minimal. I say drop in an Airaid dry panel filter into the stock airbox and "Rock n Roll."

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice, but the tuning is not an issue. I stated in my previous replies that a custom tune would net the biggest gains. Adding an aftermarket intake system to the combo would equal a bit more horsepower, but does it make a big difference at the track, minimal if any. Just my thoughts.

My best advice to the OP is to ask their Tuner what aftermarket intake system they prefer to use. OP stated he is in California, so options are minimal. I say drop in an Airaid dry panel filter into the stock airbox and "Rock n Roll."
Ford PP2 or PP3 would be the only viable choice here if you wanna see measurable gains. CARB approved.