Sponsored

Cabinet hardware - what is this

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
We had a blank panel that was immediately under our stove top. One of our friends mistook it for a drawer and yanked on it too hard and popped it off. I considered using screws to put it back on (coming from the inside point out) but wife asked if we do a hidden drawer for utensils.

We have one by our sink but I have no idea what this hinge is called. Its a hidden hinge that rotates the panel face out and down 45°. I'm doing a search but not quite finding what I'm looking for. Any cabinet makers know what this is?

20210103_133410.jpg
Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
its called a tip tray ... usually put in front of a sink to tip down a small cabinet to put sponges, cleaning tools etc in a kitchen

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not of much help, but damn, how hard did this fella yank on the blank panel?!!
Wasn't a fella... and I'm not sure. It wasn't really attached by much. All I found that was holding it together were thin wires like staples. No idea how they assembled it so it why I'm looking for alternatives.

Sponsored

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
That is a sink tipout tray https://www.richelieu.com/ca/en/cat...s-of-36-extruded-trays/1184826/sku-6541361150 and if you can't find an alternative you could reattach it to your existing drawer front but in a new location.
You have a face frame cabinet which could make it challenging to assemble a new product in it's place. However if there is a support piece between this drawer front and what I assume would be doors underneath, you could attach a hinge to it and then to your drawer. Keep your cabinet construction (face frame) in mind when looking for a replacement product as this frame intrudes on your internal cabinet width.
Good luck!
Sponsored